(( WARNING )) DYNOFLO ENGINES BAD DEALINGS

Old 05-17-2007, 08:17 PM
fastbowtie
MASTER BUILDER

So Scot if This shortblock left you shop as A 454ci 4.185 bore + 4.125 stroke
How did we shrink the Bore down to 441 cubic inches 4.125 + 4.125 stroke :?:

We repaired the block You sent us and it still has the same serial number on it as when it left Dart and arrived at Dynoflo and then sent to us as A 454 shortblock .
So tell me and everybody else How did we shrink the Bore :?:
You called me Ignorant and uneducated
maybe so due to the fact that Myself & George Douklias trusted you to supply us with an engine of reasonable Quality.

Old 05-17-2007, 11:35 PM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

The same two guys that check the torque, also check the bore :shock:
Now he will have to add a disclaimer note along with the customer to check the torque, to also check the bore diameter...
Old 05-18-2007, 04:35 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Holy Cow!!!!!!

Now not only has Scot not done a good job building the engine, he has mis-represented what it was.....hmmmmm....you know, what he did before was just plain bad business but mis-representation is a big no no in the eyes of the courts.

In my opinion Scot is setting himself up for a class action....wonder how many others have checked to see if what they bought is actually what they got :?:

Since he won't reply I wonder what his excuse would be for this one, or how he can blame you or George for it.

Just my opinions based on the facts before me.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:23 AM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Why is this engine so much cheaper than yours?Did you have extra upgrades?

http://www.racingjunk.com/post/80966...bled-new-.html
Old 05-18-2007, 08:39 AM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

fastbowtie got the smaller bore/piston upgrade :shock:
Old 05-18-2007, 08:48 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by topsportsman1
Why is this engine so much cheaper than yours?Did you have extra upgrades?

http://www.racingjunk.com/post/80966...bled-new-.html

heyehee..what ed said...

neahh really they ordered the complete shortblock, cam,oil pump,oil pan etc....vs what is advertised without all of that extra stuff

Shafiorff does the same thing..but calls the complete verison the DELUXE shortblock...i sort of hate using Shafiroff's name in the same subject ..I have heard some bad things there too but nothing close to what i have heard on this thread....the ad looks really good when you 1st glance.. wow !!!!! $4100 for a short block...but as you see it turns out to be $5400...etc...when in fact you can have very respectable builders such as PAR racing to do you a shortblock for about $300 more...call them and check it out for yourself....864-578-5622

i do believe one thing has been accomplished here...its the Biggest "largest replied to thread on RJ history..i do not see it being passed anytime soon.

over 18 thousand hits...lol..i know its some of the same people coming in and out but its still a freaky ton of exposure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 05-18-2007, 08:49 AM
SVRE
JOURNEYMAN

Looks like another case of bad buisness to me. Selling a lot for a little is a good way to get your rear in the sling! If you dont make any money on things, you simply cant make things right if you ever have a problem. I work in the engine room of a nascar nextel cup shop and build drag engines on the side. I have always looked at their ads and wondered "how do they get by selling things so cheap?" I mean, to do GOOD work it takes a little extra time and you can see by his prices, he dont have time to mess around! Time is money in a machine/race engine shop. All that labor for (i think it said) $185.00?
Balance rotating assembly (large stroke at that)
Debur block
Hone block
Check the deck
Mill the deck
Double check darts main line
Clearance block
wash block
Install cam bearings
pin fit the pistons and rods
fit bearing clearance
debur bearings
degree camshaft
fit rings

Just seems like an awefull lot of work for 185.00!!

Man, pay for good work and you cant go wrong!
Everyone makes mistakes. I missed the p to v on a 557 ford for a customer once. Dont know how it happined ( I think the dowl pins were bottomed out). Just got in a hurry and didnt check EVERY LITTLE THING. But I bought him new pistons, rings, new block, valves, and completely fixed that engine for him. I have since freshened it twice. He is a very happy return customer. Humans have errors. But the main thing is I faced up and did what was right. I wanted to fix it, I was embarused! But, if I had only charged him 500.00, I could not have fixed it.

Im not sure if he dont want to fix that small block, I just wonder if he has the capitol too??

Bad Bad Buisness.

Time is money, save the customer money on labor by being efficient. Not being in a hurry.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:31 PM
fastbowtie
MASTER BUILDER

I sent Scot the email below yesterday morning and he replied back to me around 5pm .Whats funny is he says George is displeased with me
Thats funny George is My Best friend and by the time he finished reading it it had him scratchin his head .

Subject: Scot
Re: Ad #809660
I strongly suggest that you contact George Pils at southern Style Racing Engines PH# 727-546-7000
About the 454ci sbc
That you sold George Douklias & I
It appears that not only was it incorectly assembled but It,s also Not A 454ci Engine with A 4.185 bore
It,s A 441ci with A 4.125 bore .

And I really hope you dont try to claim that we switched blocks or anything else .We traced the serial # on the block that you sold us back to you and can prove that it wasnt switched .Mr Douklias & I dont plan on sueing you Though we should .
We think it,s better to inform everyone And show just how you treat your problems and the work that comes out of DynoFlo .

You have cut down & belittled me & many other people in your post,s even to the point of slander here on Racing Junk and I personally dont like it.

The way you have handled this whole ordeal borders on insanity .I have given you several chances and even the Moderator told you if you tried to settle this He would delete the intire Thread and all you did was Yell at him in caps.

This problem IS NOT going away by trying to ignore it or sending letters to Racing Junk or other web sites threatening them to remove post,s about You & DynoFlo .

Its going to take you growing some nuggets and owning up to the fact that your company can A mistake and make it rite with everyone involved or have publicly trashed on the internet because you have really shot yourself in the foot on this one .

Donn Waters 727-560-8549
Here is Scot,s reply

Subject: Re: Scot
Re: Ad #809660
Message: George Duklias and I already spoke together about you, and boy is he not pleased with you. I have someone else handling the internet issues, and they will get it fixed. I am no longer going to involve myself in these issues, since, of course, these issues are completely out there and not worthy of a response. George is regretting not having me fix the engine [remember that? that is called stepping up.], though he does feel that George Pils is a good guy. My customers know how to read through the stories on the internet, and actually sales are up as a result, they call to have me explain it, then they laugh about you or Jay and then they buy from me. The truth is a powerful tool. Someday you may get to the point to understand, how you and your buddies discredit yourselves to my benefit. I have given more shop tours in the last few weeks than in a long time. Once you get the tour,see the parts, see the equipment, see the people, see the shop you are going to buy. Just that simple.
Scot Here is A hint you giving Japaniese Tourists shop tours dont count
I just had to say that before someone else did :lol:
Old 05-18-2007, 01:33 PM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

maybe if he spent more time checking that the work is done right and less time on shop tours, he would not have these problems.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:43 PM
etbird
MASTER BUILDER

You'll notice he never did address the c.i. difference.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -