optima battery warranty

Old 06-04-2009, 12:55 AM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by gearhead1011
Sorry cepx111 but you can keep your "neverstart" I've seen more of those and the "durajunk" batteries bad at less than a year old then I can count. If you're going to use a conventional battery at least use a quality one. I won't use a regular lead acid battery in my car because no matter how good it is the acid will slosh and leak on a car that leaves hard. A gel cell like the optima or orbital won't leak no matter what. That not only protects the car but it makes it safer.
The EVERstart is in the boys daily driver 89 GT mustang. No problems yet also got one in my 95 suburban - 4 years now, no trouble either.
But if there EVER is a concern, Walmart is right down the street and they dont EVER give me any shizznit. I guess when THE masses buy the cheapest bettery they can get, usually a durawhatever or a everwhatever then you'll see plenty more warranty concerns, not everybody knows how to work on cars,Hmm wonder how many times someone has put a new battery in their car cause it wouldnt start, when the alternator was bad in the first place?? then they take the dead battery back get another one UNDER warranty and THEN buy a alternator.

Anyways:

Hey, remember that 351W I put in the stang over the winter?
Runs like a scalded ape.

Oh and by the way:

I have a sealed mantenace free sears diehard gold series in my racecar.
I haven't a clue whether its a vented lead acid type or gel, I'm thinking its a gel BUT doesn't really matter to me, it's bolted down in a vented battery box in the trunk> Chow, Cp
Old 06-04-2009, 04:53 AM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by cepx111
not everybody knows how to work on cars,Hmm wonder how many times someone has put a new battery in their car cause it wouldnt start, when the alternator was bad in the first place?? then they take the dead battery back get another one UNDER warranty and THEN buy a alternator.
I've worked on cars for a living since '78 and had my own shop since '82. I've seen a lot of what you're talking about. My battery guy sells what they refer to as blems. These are good batteries that have been returned for warranty that were charged and then tested good. Ive seen plenty of batteries and other parts replaced by guys that just didn't know how to troubleshoot a problem so they just keeping changing parts until it's fixed. My dad used to refer to this as a "shotgun repair".

Hey, remember that 351W I put in the stang over the winter?
Runs like a scalded ape.
I knew you'd like the windsor

I have a sealed mantenace free sears diehard gold series in my racecar.
I haven't a clue whether its a vented lead acid type or gel, I'm thinking its a gel BUT doesn't really matter to me, it's bolted down in a vented battery box in the trunk
I don't think sears has a gel-cell.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:23 AM
bones427
APPRENTICE

Default life of optima

i have had a red top in my drag car for 8 yrs. no problems and one in my tow vehical for 5 yrs. both work great . had one for my car was a little weak summit tookit back no ? asked and gave me another its 3yrs. old now!
Old 06-08-2009, 11:31 AM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

this is not about optima but a pretty good story ...a friend of mine had an Interstate battery go bad in his dragster , we were out of town so we went to a firestone store that sold interstate batteries,,the date on the battery was 5 months old with 1 year replacement...man at store refused to even look at it since he didn't sell it...my friend looked on the sign in the store and it had a toll free number for interstate to call if you had warrenty problems...he asked the clerk if he could use his phone to make a call and the clerk handed him the phone . my buddy told the interstate people he was standing in store number whatever,,and they refused to warrenty the battery , they wanted to talk to the clerk , when clerk got off phone he took the old battery to the back and brought out a new one and handed it to my friend with a big smile on his face and said to come back to see us!! I know people don't want to warrenty stuff they didn't sell but they shouldn't sell a product that states warrenty at any authorized dealer...that is why people will pay a little extra to get a good warrenty...alright you can wake up now :lol: