Annoying neighbors Who interupt your work

Old 07-13-2009, 05:26 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I went through a 3 year period where I was broke into and relieved of my tools and stuff a total of 6 times. All in different cities at shops I worked at and storage units. The low life scum who I catch stealing from me or mine, in the future, will feel the wrath of all those past events. :twisted: :x
Thieves are way down the pole along with child molesters and rapists.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:01 PM
newjack42
JUNIOR BUILDER

i dont have that problem a neigbhor problem at home but i used to pit for a guy that had that problem in the pits. There would be 5 to 10 people a night that just sat around the trailer all night not one worth dime they jsut got in my way. One night a mount on the rear sus. broke. and i didnt have much time to get it back together and make the next race so i jsut threw the jack under and went to work and one other the genisis thought it would be a great idea to try and straighten the body and nearly rocked the car off the jack. i crawled out as fast as i could and just about kicked the sh** out of the kid. havnt worked for the guy sence and he hasnt raced since i quit working for him
Old 07-13-2009, 11:18 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Hers another perspective.
I now live in a small tightly knit lake commuity, one way in, one way out, not many strangers venturing in, if they do, they get a bunch of funny looks and leave.
But I can understand what your talking about in a residential area, however I've got some good memories of friends and neighbors come by and B/S ing.

I really don't mind it when my neighbors come by to say hey or shoot the $hit but total strangers, nah man not to keen on that.
You never know what makes people tick.
Maybe he just had a huge fight with his wife, the kids were nagging him, or he just needed a breather from his boring life.

I'll chat with anybody for a minute.
I'm usually up for a break every chance I get anyway, I try not to get in hurry when I'm working on my stuff anyways but when I'm busy, they'll know and eventually leave or get a wrench put in there hand.
Cody's friend's (motley crew) like to come by and see whats up alot, I always put them to work, just this past week I got new lower balljoints and a new master cylinder put on my 69 camaro, I barely broke a sweat.
Cp
Old 07-14-2009, 10:50 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

This is a interesting topic that many of us can relate to. My neighbors do not like me much... they hate my car too. I sawed my neighbors mail box down once when I was mad at them for yelling at my friend... only to find out it was the wrong mailbox... killed 2 birds/one stone on that one. Race Cars are not loved in my neighborhood... I hear more about "noise ordinances" than interested gear-heads.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:27 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I am in the same situation as Outlaw (except, the hair, earrings, etc. :lol: ) out in the middle of nowhere and the only neighbor is my great grandfathers nephew whos 78 years old. I can burn out up and down my road and he loves it anyways!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 07-14-2009, 11:55 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

How about the neighbor I barely knew who said to me, "since you love to work on cars, will you look at my wifes Toyota? The brakes are making noise".
:evil: :evil: :evil:

Dave
Old 07-14-2009, 01:43 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

My neighbors do not like me much... they hate my car too. I sawed my neighbors mail box down once when I was mad at them for yelling at my friend... only to find out it was the wrong mailbox... killed 2 birds/one stone on that one.
Scooter you bought killed me laughing so hard!!
Kids like to look at my truck when it's out of the shop, but I guess I'm just not very friendly and most people don't say much or come by. To be honest I really like to bs with anybody, but you just can't trust people anymore.
Trailer talkers. THAT'S ANOTHER TOPIC. Stop by and speak anytime, but please don't hang around and ask me 10,000 questions. I'm the owner, builder, driver and pit guy all by myself and I don't have time to chat until after I race.

I think gearheads are becoming a thing of the past. That's why I like b.s'n with you guys! Maybe we should invent a video game of building engines, transmission and rear ends!!! :idea: :idea: :idea:
Old 07-14-2009, 02:00 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
My neighbors do not like me much... they hate my car too. I sawed my neighbors mail box down once when I was mad at them for yelling at my friend... only to find out it was the wrong mailbox... killed 2 birds/one stone on that one.
Scooter you bought killed me laughing so hard!!
Kids like to look at my truck when it's out of the shop, but I guess I'm just not very friendly and most people don't say much or come by. To be honest I really like to bs with anybody, but you just can't trust people anymore.
Trailer talkers. THAT'S ANOTHER TOPIC. Stop by and speak anytime, but please don't hang around and ask me 10,000 questions. I'm the owner, builder, driver and pit guy all by myself and I don't have time to chat until after I race.

I think gearheads are becoming a thing of the past. That's why I like b.s'n with you guys! Maybe we should invent a video game of building engines, transmission and rear ends!!! :idea: :idea: :idea:
You are missing out on a golden opportunity for some free slave labor!!!! Let the neighborhood kids scrape off all that mud. I grew up around sprint car racing and I would have killed for the chance to tag along and be the go-for/mud scraper. Just gotta pick the right kid.One who wants to learn and isn't a troublemaker.

jmo
Old 07-14-2009, 02:50 PM
newjack42
JUNIOR BUILDER

it works my little bro does that for me know. keeps him out of trouble and i get the more important stuff done. thats how i got my break into racing when i was young helped a guy do the little shit and next thing you know i bought the car and now you couldnt get me to quit if u wanted to
Old 07-14-2009, 03:49 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Rabbit: I think you are exactly right.... we are a dying breed. It is simply evolving into something else which is fast & furious wannabees. Man, I miss the 80's when it was common to see a built 69 Chevelle roaring down the street as regular transportation.

these neighbors we are talking about are no different than the ones who come around when I drive my 69 Camaro on the street. They love to recall memories of thier old rides... or thier friends who had Hot Rods. It is like a spark comes on them; maybe a spark they have not had for a long time. I try to be nice to these people- some of them have forgotten about the "bug" of persuing Hot Rods/Race Cars. They have gotten caught up in the daily GRIND... not able to afford them or have no time. One thing is for sure, we are blessed to have these rides & the knowledge to keep the dream alive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -