Is anyone selling anything?????

Old 12-12-2008, 11:11 PM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

we build old school hotrods and custom bikes for a living and right now i aint living.the bottom fell out a couple months ago. not 1 customer in two months. we have a couple to finish but no new projects.its NEVER been this slow. i paid the bills for november but december is going to be almost impossible to pay. im trying t sell my chopper and a 03 sporster cheap and not one person even asked how much! if i cant sell one of these bikes im dead.but the good side is i got plenty of time to work on my stuff. but no money.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:34 AM
vega34
SENIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by outlaw256
we build old school hotrods and custom bikes for a living and right now i aint living.the bottom fell out a couple months ago. not 1 customer in two months. we have a couple to finish but no new projects.its NEVER been this slow. i paid the bills for november but december is going to be almost impossible to pay. im trying t sell my chopper and a 03 sporster cheap and not one person even asked how much! if i cant sell one of these bikes im dead.but the good side is i got plenty of time to work on my stuff. but no money.

hate to hear this friend,,in the last month i've only done 1 metal roof and 1 vinyl sofit house,and 1 800' private fence,,thats ok but could be a lot better,,but today i got to go and do 2 estimates on metal roofs so hopefully i will get at least one of them,,,,hope your luck and work picks up,,,,steve
Old 12-14-2008, 03:21 PM
ImBack
MASTER BUILDER

I parted out a 421 sbc on e-bay and it all sold for more than it was worth,luckily.Ive got a Malibu i was gonna sell since i got a dragster a couple months ago but havent listed it,might wait till first of the year.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:47 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I'd been watching the parts market, had a set of crane rockers put them on ebay after watching another used set go for over $200.00 the day I put mine on there. Started @ 150 not a single bid several watchers though. The other users feedback was zero and still goes high. I dont get this parts selling sometimes lol :shock:
Old 12-15-2008, 07:24 AM
ImBack
MASTER BUILDER

A friend of mine can sell ANYTHING!!!!!! I'll let you in on a secret,start stuff out at $1 put it on a 7 day auction and put a reserve on it.That way you wont sell it too cheap but if you put it on there at a high price it wont get a bid. I sold a stock 400 splayed cap bare block that needed bored for $662 and had over 40 bids on it!! They paid freight also,there were better deals on there than mine but they started out too high to get any interest.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:17 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

STARTING PRICE MAKES A HUGE DIFFERNCE WHEN SELLING ALOT OF TIMES
I THINK ALOT OF BUYERS ENJOY THE BIDDING WHEN THERE ARE ALOT OF BIDS GOING ON
ALSO WITH EBAY YOU ARE GETTING SCREWED ALOT ON THIS PAYPAL ONLY CRAP AND THERE STUPID RIPOFF FEES AT TIMES[SO BE CAREFUL AND READ -ALL-THE FINE PRINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-24-2008, 03:45 AM
shybx1969
MASTER BUILDER

dont worry guys!!!Once income tax rolls in people will buy again!!!I couldnt sell the rite time ,this time of year... :roll:
Old 12-24-2008, 08:04 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by ImBack
A friend of mine can sell ANYTHING!!!!!! I'll let you in on a secret,start stuff out at $1 put it on a 7 day auction and put a reserve on it.That way you wont sell it too cheap but if you put it on there at a high price it wont get a bid. I sold a stock 400 splayed cap bare block that needed bored for $662 and had over 40 bids on it!! They paid freight also,there were better deals on there than mine but they started out too high to get any interest.
I've tried selling stuff that way with no luck either best luck I've had latley is putting it on ebay as a buy it now/best offer auction they are cheaper to list and usually get a fair amount of offers. Sold the roller rockers a few days ago for $175, I couldnt sell the week before @ $150. Worked out ok this go around again thanks for the tip maybe with the way the economy is now the start @ $1.00 might be worth it, usually do no reserve becauses its cheaper to list.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:10 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Just like anything in a niche market, there are only a finite number of possible buyers and only a handfull who might actually buy. Then it's a matter of timing when your item and their eyes match up.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:28 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

I've never had any luck selling on Ebay. We had an Ebay store and closed it to open our current site.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -