Gotta Love Ebay

Old 08-28-2008, 03:56 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Been selling on Ebay for eight years. They have gone from excellent to absolutely sux in my opinion. I will NEVER sell on Ebay again!! Paypal on the other hand, I have no problem with, zero problems in many years!
Old 08-28-2008, 07:49 AM
chitown409
SHOW GUEST

Default eBay and Paypal

Well eBays changes suck but their higher fees suck even more. I had a guy complain to Paypal about a carb he bought. He won a 6211 Spreadbore Holley 800 and paid with Paypal. When he got it he realized it was a spreadbore carb and tried to blame me for sending him the wrong carb. The listing said 6211 spreadbore 800 and the pic was a spreadbore. I told him I would send him a squarebore 800 for $20 more if he paid the shipping. He agreed and shipped it back but demanded I pay shipping the replacement carb to him. He returned the carb in the same box to Fedex and did not have to pay return shipping. He sent another $20 through Paypal. The returned carb was damaged because he didnt use any of the bubble wrap I used to return the carb to me. Then he filed another complaint with Paypal. I provided both tracking numbers but they still had ebay suspend me. I have over 600 positives and a 99% rating. I have contacted ebay and they are looking into it but said it may take a few more weeks to resolve, its already been 3 weeks. I did everything I could to make the buyer happy, got a damaged carb back, and my Paypal and ebay accounts are locked UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!!! There has to be a better way. I have not had problems on Racing Junk but out of 50 people who said they were sending the money only 3 paid. That wastes a lot of my time answering questions to deadbeats and then having to relist when they dont pay. I guess I am going back to swap meets for selling :idea:
Old 08-31-2008, 02:08 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default EBAY AND PAYPAL ISSUES

HAD A PROBLEM WITH EBAY. THEY REMOVED AN AD OF MINE FOR A CAR SALE.THEY CLAIMED THE TITLE WAS A REBUILD...I HAD THE ORIGINAL IL TITLE IN MY HAND AND IT WAS NOT A REBUILT...SO I EMAILED THEM AND EXPLAINED TO THEM (BECAUSE IT IS VERY HARD TO SPEAK TO A REAL PERSON) THEY SUGGESTED I PAY A FEE AND CHECK ON THE AUTOCHECK WEB SIGHT LINK THEY GAVE ME (I HAVE HEARD THEY HAVE A FINANCIAL INTEREST IN THAT SIGHT ?) I TOLD THEM I HAVE THE ORIGINAL TITLE IN MY HAND PERHAPS THERE INFO IS INCORRECT, AND ASKED FOR A COPY OF IT ? THEY DID NOT DO THAT...MANY EMAILS LATER NO RESOLUTION ALOT OF EBAY RECTERIC ?

ANOTHER ISSUE IS THE THE SHIPPING CALCULATIONS. I HAD A HUGE ISSUE WITH SHIPPING, AFTER FILLING OUT ALL THE INFO IN THE AD FOR SHIPPING ETC. THE BUYER GOT A SHIPPING COST OF 24.04. I CHECKED MY END AND SURE ENOUGH IT IS RIGHT AND I PRINTED IT. TOOK IT TO THE POST OFFICE AND THEY REFUSED TO SHIP IT STATING IT DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH POSTAGE. THEN THEY STATED "IT OFTEN HAPPENS WHERE A PERSON PRINTS A LABEL THANS COPIES IT FOR ANOTHER TRANSACTION" I EXPLAINED I DID NOT DO THAT (TO THE POST MASTER" AT WHICH TIME HE PUSHED MY BOX OUT AND SAID WE WERE DONE ? I GOT BACK INTO LINE TO EXPLAIN. THEN THE POST MASTER STATED HE WOULD CALL THE AUTHORITES,, THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN AN EXPENSIVE SHIPPING COST ???
I ALERTED PAYPAL BECAUSE THEY TOOK THE FEES RIGHT AWAY FOR POSTAGE.... AND HAVE YET TO HEAR FROM THEM
IT IS GETTING HARD TO SELL... BY THE WAY I HAVE 100 % SATISFACTION AND MORE THAN 65 DEALS.

HOW 'BOUT THAT
Old 08-31-2008, 06:18 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

we had a s/n 2000 supercharger on e-bay.no where in the add did i state it was a novi 2000 .And this assclown in joplin mo.bought it.he even came down and picked it up in person and said it was just what he wanted..then 3 days later he is crying. its not a novi 2000. well duuuuh i never said it was.he cryed to pay pal. and i dont know why. but they refunded his money. and i got the super charger back,..saying he thout it would produce 30lbs of boost..YEA RIGHT>>i told him it would do about 7 to 10lbs.it sounded like buyers remorse to me.this guy was trying to buy stuff way out of his knowledge range.but it was a very nice piece..and it resold fast !!!!!!so in other words you can list it.sell it.ship it.and when they get it they can say oooops..refund please..
Old 08-31-2008, 07:17 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

my cousin just sold a street stock on there then the guy came to get it he refused to buy it....nothing he can do he is out his fees and can't leave a negative.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:47 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

This guy emails me back on mine. refuses to send me back the good studs, has his money also and better yet he now wants twenty bucks to leave a follow up comment. What a joke !! I'll be posting a name and address here soon
Old 08-31-2008, 11:03 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I've been a member of ebay for many yrs, I've only been screwed a couple times, both my fault. i've recently bought a couple items from a reputably racer, no problems. I'll stay with ebay, because it's the best source on the net. If you do your homework you won't get screwed.

JMO

Zip.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:09 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Zip, cant say I agree with you on this one. "If you do your homework you wont get screwed"

I actually had an attorney friend look at my listing terms and conditions and vouch that they were bullet proof with virtually no liability at my end. Yet I just got negg'd by a guy trying to extort concessions on something I sold-I offered a full refund, but he didnt want that-he wanted the item but for less.

In spite of how solid your terms are, you still cant control people-and they will play games-As Lively pointed out earlier when he referred to Ebay as Greed Inc., their entire business model is derived to generate maximum fees/revenue with minimum liability; However the difference between Ebay and the average seller (who like to do same) is that they (Ebay) arbitrarily set the rules. Their published terms are so vague they can basically do what they want.

Youve been lucky, and I am glad that you have been.

With the new rules about sellers being barred from feedback, at some point, some clown will strong arm you with feedback as a leverage tool, and you wont be able to do a thing.

Agreed they have the best platform on the net-but I truly believe they are one class-action suit away from major changes.

Just wait until the real rich guy with the attorney on retainer gets scammed on the bogus Shelby he bought through Ebay - Then maybe things get interesting.

Later,

Scorp
Old 09-01-2008, 05:16 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Scorpion1110
Zip, cant say I agree with you on this one. "If you do your homework you wont get screwed"

I actually had an attorney friend look at my listing terms and conditions and vouch that they were bullet proof with virtually no liability at my end. Yet I just got negg'd by a guy trying to extort concessions on something I sold-I offered a full refund, but he didnt want that-he wanted the item but for less.

In spite of how solid your terms are, you still cant control people-and they will play games-As Lively pointed out earlier when he referred to Ebay as Greed Inc., their entire business model is derived to generate maximum fees/revenue with minimum liability; However the difference between Ebay and the average seller (who like to do same) is that they (Ebay) arbitrarily set the rules. Their published terms are so vague they can basically do what they want.

Youve been lucky, and I am glad that you have been.

With the new rules about sellers being barred from feedback, at some point, some clown will strong arm you with feedback as a leverage tool, and you wont be able to do a thing.

Agreed they have the best platform on the net-but I truly believe they are one class-action suit away from major changes.

Just wait until the real rich guy with the attorney on retainer gets scammed on the bogus Shelby he bought through Ebay - Then maybe things get interesting.

Later,

Scorp
Yep!!
Old 09-01-2008, 06:38 AM
gofastdude
SHOW GUEST

Default ebay does suck

ebays laws,rules protect the crook and thief
and ebay will do nothing to stop it,you can get negative feedback as a seller and have a stand up item,or worse someone can threaten you and you
have to deal with their terms to 'hopefully stop negative feedback'it really sucks.I sent them a message and said'in iraq we know who the enemy is'
in EBAY ,its you against the world,of course I got that'give a shit'autoresponse' they have,its a crap shoot anywhere,THE OLD SAYING'THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT'IS LONG GONE,THATS WHEN A HANDSHAKE MEANT SOMETHING,IT MEANS NOTHING NOW.
RJ in all honestly is just as bad.YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS,just a response to start a war,and go back and forth.who knows where it will end?
just the way of the world,u can't stop it,u may not like it,u may be totally
innocent but 'what you gonna do?gfd

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -