BBC Rods

Old 03-04-2008, 09:39 PM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

No, he stated he had a glide. But I figured since I was on the subject I'd inquire.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:16 PM
nghollis
APPRENTICE

Default BBC Rods

Thanks Guys For All The Response! I drive a truck for a living and I posted this on my day off,but had to go out on a run anyway.I know the 7/16 dot rods are good rods,But do you think running alcohol with these heavy pistons will be a problem. I have never run alcohol before and have no idea what to expect as far as rpm limits,parts breakage,ect.Thanks Nick
Old 03-06-2008, 04:43 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: BBC Rods

Originally Posted by nghollis
Thanks Guys For All The Response! I drive a truck for a living and I posted this on my day off,but had to go out on a run anyway.I know the 7/16 dot rods are good rods,But do you think running alcohol with these heavy pistons will be a problem. I have never run alcohol before and have no idea what to expect as far as rpm limits,parts breakage,ect.Thanks Nick
i went to it last year...same motor etc...the alcohol gave me muh more bottom end..possibly 100ft lbs TQ...if i had to guess...

never had a problem with chassis..1st leave on alcohol it did a violent wheel stand..needless to say i had to put wheelie bars on it..

My opinion is that i do not think the pistons will be as much as a concern as rods,crank etc....

ALochol is gonna hit your bottom end hard with the increased TQ just like NOS does...except you are not gonna be in the dnager zone of detonation/lean out as NOS is responsible for claiming so many pistons..

if you have the right fuel pressure.

i am no engine builder tho...just been around it a long time

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 03-06-2008, 05:14 PM
nghollis
APPRENTICE

Default BBC Rods

I have friends running it and the guy that helps me with my engines has been running it for years. The crank is a 5140 forged gm,block is 2 bolt mains with ARP studs.I have made up my mind to go with aftermarket rods,just do not know which ones.Thinking about Eagle H beams or the new Procomp H beams. Any Input on either? Thanks Nick