Don't ya just LOVE how peaceful 'unions' are ????

Old 03-19-2011, 01:26 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Here is what I see today:

Because of ONE OR TWO disgruntled employee who were whiners & did not want work hard, contacted a Union Organizer to come in to my work & try to force a Union takeover. NOTHING BUT TROUBLE & LIES!! They LIED about our sales, they lied to our plant workers based on info the got from the "Internet"???? Now we pay to fight this stupidity (w/ simple euducation) there is a hiring freeze I am told, whatever. We pay employees to go to Union meetings instead of WORK??? What a joke... they say they "protect the rights of the worker" but those same workers are governed by Union dues & they can have thier hourly wage attacked too???? Common myth #1 with Unions: You will get a better wage. NOT TRUE. Sorry, Unions may have thier place, but not where I work. I think the Union will going to be SHOCKED when they see how many people actually vote for it. So far they are disruptive & have caused my company time & money.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:47 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

On the other hand if the Gov. wants them to help with their "pension" , why not change to a 401k? That way the employee contributes the majority, and the state does a small match. Say .50 to 1.00 per dollar invested on the first 6% or so.
I agree with you. My understanding is that they can not change items like this due to the union. It is covered in the collective bargaining. I heard the teacher's insurance is through the union. The state would like to give them the same insurace the state employees have. They say it would save millions. Once again, it's covered by collective bargaining.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:47 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

BTW, I was a Teamster till the company closed.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:15 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

Been on both sides for over 30 years --the unions had their place but have gone way to far now.
My union would tell you who to and how to vote and if you didn't -suddenly -you did not get sent out as much. That is WRONG period.

The teachers union and alot of government workers unions are completely out of control 8)

The taxpayer should NEVER be paying ALL their insurance premiums/all their pensions/ and all their perks ,too.

SORRY guys but we[ the taxpayer are getting the shaft on ALL this government stuff and we need to start standing up and hollering about this crime that they are commiting] :evil:

FROM THE MOST CORRUPT/ CROOKED STATE IN AMERICA--ILLINIOS :shock:
Old 03-20-2011, 04:16 PM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

well iwas pro union back in the day. they have left us a legacy of good wages and fair treatment.shops that are non union pay good now.and the benefits are fair.and thats without you having to pay dues.some pay good to keep unions out, some pay good because they know to get good workers you pay good wages.they had their day.they accomplished together what we couldnt do alone.but times have changed and now it is time to put the guns away and go to work to rebuild our country. to produce the best products and get the job done.and have pride in our work once again.we dont need unions to do that anymore we just need a chance.when the government gets out of a companies buisness and lets use produce the products here without all the redtape and controls people wont be afraid to open up buisnesses to put us to work again.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:29 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Well said outlaw!!!!!
Old 03-21-2011, 05:43 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

The internet has changed the world. A person can log on and see what other companies pay. This give the employee more bargaining power. Companies have to give more to lure skilled employees to thier location. Job search sites give you the ability to look for jobs everywhere. You can fill out applications on line or email a resume. You don't have to go door to door or drive a long way.

10 years ago, Harley dealers in this area used to be the same way as bad employers. They charged thousands over msrp because when you walked through the door, you thought they were charging the same as other dealers. They claimed there was a "waiting list" to buy bikes. You could pay even more to be put to the front of the line.

As more and more people got online, the Harley dealers found out they had to get more in line with others across the country. They now charge MSRP or less.

Same goes with employers. Yes there are bad ones that take advantage of people but they have a high turn over rate. The good companies will have a fair wage with good benefits whether they are union or not.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:47 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Here's a good example. People say Gov Walker is evil for taking away bargaining rights. Please correct me if I'm reading this wrong.

Oshkosh teachers get 90 SICK DAYS A YEAR!!!!!!!!!

http://www.oshkosh.k12.wi.us/staff/sick_oea.cfm

Article 20 of the collective bargaining agreement summarizes the employee rights to use income protection “sick leave.”

A. All teachers shall be guaranteed ninety (90) teaching days of income protection for each teaching contract year in the event of absences due to sickness or disability. Such income protection shall be prorated for teachers teaching less than full time.
B. Absences of illness in the immediate family shall be covered by this provision, provided such absences are caused by critical illness, a sudden call for suspected critical condition, the necessity of taking a member of the family to the hospital, or the making of arrangements for care due to sudden illness, but shall not apply to cases where the employee’s presence is required as a nurse, or as a caretaker, or to provide for the operation of the family due to sickness or an accident in the family.
c. The Board reserves the right to send an employee to a physician at district expense for an examination when deemed necessary. Such teacher will submit to such examination unless refusal is based on bona fide religious convictions.
D. Teachers shall not continue to draw daily income protection benefits after they become eligible for benefits under the district’s Long Term Disability Plan; however, any unused days shall remain in the teacher’s personal account.
("Personal account" defined as being those unused income protection days remaining of the original ninety (90) days.)
Old 03-22-2011, 06:17 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

'THEY' don't need the 'unions' anymore in 'their' desire to destroy our western way of life.....Pass this on to every person you know.....

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/reve...-wealth-power/

-------
Old 03-22-2011, 06:57 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

And this is just a preview of 'things to come'

http://www.glennbeck.com/2011/03/22/...-over-bank-hq/

---------

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -