Stacker trailer owners trouble with DOT much?

Old 03-04-2013, 01:34 PM
motofool250r
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
Originally Posted by motofool250r
back to the original question who has actually had trouble towing overlength with a stacker trailer? gotten pulled over cited etc.
Honestly only a very, very few people ever have. When they did they just don't go back to that track or if possible not even that state.

DOT hardly ever messes with race car trailers and a lot has to do with we travel on weekends and at night. DOT is mostly Monday - Friday and knock off around 5 or 6. Government jobs aren't likely to work any overtime either! :lol:
this is helpful as almost all the trailers used for a good deal are definately too long for me to fit in the 65' catagory
Old 04-14-2013, 09:37 AM
striptease174
SHOW GUEST

Default Dot problems

If you pay close attention to most of the big rig car hauling companies most will be running trucks that have 325" plus wheelbases and pulling 53' semi trailers with a bubble up front that acctually is additional hauling space. These trucks like Reliable Carrier's use are way long and they run all over the US and Canada. If your a non commercial carrier you may still want to obtain a CDL-A type license and if you carry any types of on board racing fuel, propane, or bottle cylinder's it may be beneficial to obtain a hazmat endorsement as anytime your moving more than 1,000lbs of a hazardous material and that weight will also include the weight of the container your vehicle is suppose to be placarded with the proper haz mat placards. Its just a good Idea to know what your hauling and how to handle it. I have been a over the road truck driver for well over 30 plus years and I have spoken with guys hauling race teams and you never see placards on their equiptment but thats because they are almost alway's close to hauling the max GVW for the trucks they are driving and most times they acctually buy their fuel at the race tracks after they arrive so that they are not having to worry about hauling Hazmat. These are just things that most people never even get concerned with but if you run into the wrong DOT enforcement officer they can get very picky about rules and regulations that most people not involved in transporting these types of things would even think about. But you can be assured these officer's will tell you that not knowing is not a excuse for breaking the law. Also it shows that when your up to date as far as hauling things that can go BOOM with a race car or any type of vehicle can be a issue. Good luck all anymore the chance of breaking the rules ignorance of the laws are no excuse and the fines these rules carry are not a joke anyway's Be Safe in your travels.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:32 PM
WayneMartin
SHOW GUEST

Till 2013 I use to drive my car constantly for more than 10 hours whenever I wanted to go to any other city, but last year I had a severe car accident and had my spinal cord injured in the accident, after that it is unable for me to drive my car for a long distance, so I started hiring an auto shipping company for hauling my car to any location.