WARNING BEWARE OF S R T ENGINES

Old 01-08-2009, 06:50 AM
dbl55
SHOW GUEST

Default WARNING BEWARE OF S R T ENGINES

THIS IS JUST A NOTE TO WARN RACERS ABOUT THESE NEW BLACK LINES BEING USED INSTEAD OF STEEL BRAIDED LINES. I HAD MY MOTOR REBUILT & UPGRADED OVER THE WINTER & ADDED A DRY SUMP SYSTEM TO IT. THE BUILDER S R T INSTALLED THESE BLACK LINES INSTEAD OF USING STEEL BRAIDED LINES. THESE LINES COLLAPSED & THEREFORE CAUSING CATASTROPHIC DAMAGE TO MY MOTOR AFTER 14 PASSES.AFTER DOING SOME REASERCH I FOUND OUT THAT THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN A COIL INSTALLED INSIDE TO PREVENT THEM FROM COLLAPSING. I SPOKE TO S R T & HE SAID HE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THEM & HE ONLY USES THE COIL ON PRO MOD ENGINES THAT PULL 25" OF VACUME MINE PULLED 18". I ALSO SPOKE TO OTHER PEOPLE & WAS TOLD NASCAR HAD PROBLEMS . BOTTOM LINE WAS THAT OIL LINES COLLAPSED & WERE SUCKED CLOSED AT HIGG RPM CAUSING NO OIL TO PASS THROUHG THE MOTOR. WHEN I SPOKE TO S R T 2 MONTHS AFTER THE FACT HE TOLD ME TO CRATE THE MOTOR & HE WOULD FIX IT.HE WOULD GIVE ME ALL THE PARTS AT HIS COST & PAY TO SHIP,CRANK,RODS, JESSEL LIFTERS,JESSEL ROCKERS JUST ABOUT ALL THE PARTS FOR A COMPLETE REBUILD THAT I JUST PAID FOR.I DECLINED THE OFFER & SENDING IT TO SOMEONE ELSE TO REPAIR IT. I DONT THINK S R T DID THE RIGHT THING BEING IT WAS CAUSED BY HIS NEGLIGENCE INSTALLING THOSE LINES NOT MINE.I DONT THINK HE STOOD BEHIND HIS PRODUCT AS WELL AS HE SHOULD OF. SO BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SEND YOUR MOTOR TO & BEWARE OF THOSE LINES
Old 01-08-2009, 10:16 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: WARNING BEWARE OF S R T ENGINES

Originally Posted by dbl55
THIS IS JUST A NOTE TO WARN RACERS ABOUT THESE NEW BLACK LINES BEING USED INSTEAD OF STEEL BRAIDED LINES. I HAD MY MOTOR REBUILT & UPGRADED OVER THE WINTER & ADDED A DRY SUMP SYSTEM TO IT. THE BUILDER S R T INSTALLED THESE BLACK LINES INSTEAD OF USING STEEL BRAIDED LINES. THESE LINES COLLAPSED & THEREFORE CAUSING CATASTROPHIC DAMAGE TO MY MOTOR AFTER 14 PASSES.AFTER DOING SOME REASERCH I FOUND OUT THAT THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN A COIL INSTALLED INSIDE TO PREVENT THEM FROM COLLAPSING. I SPOKE TO S R T & HE SAID HE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THEM & HE ONLY USES THE COIL ON PRO MOD ENGINES THAT PULL 25" OF VACUME MINE PULLED 18". I ALSO SPOKE TO OTHER PEOPLE & WAS TOLD NASCAR HAD PROBLEMS . BOTTOM LINE WAS THAT OIL LINES COLLAPSED & WERE SUCKED CLOSED AT HIGG RPM CAUSING NO OIL TO PASS THROUHG THE MOTOR. WHEN I SPOKE TO S R T 2 MONTHS AFTER THE FACT HE TOLD ME TO CRATE THE MOTOR & HE WOULD FIX IT.HE WOULD GIVE ME ALL THE PARTS AT HIS COST & PAY TO SHIP,CRANK,RODS, JESSEL LIFTERS,JESSEL ROCKERS JUST ABOUT ALL THE PARTS FOR A COMPLETE REBUILD THAT I JUST PAID FOR.I DECLINED THE OFFER & SENDING IT TO SOMEONE ELSE TO REPAIR IT. I DONT THINK S R T DID THE RIGHT THING BEING IT WAS CAUSED BY HIS NEGLIGENCE INSTALLING THOSE LINES NOT MINE.I DONT THINK HE STOOD BEHIND HIS PRODUCT AS WELL AS HE SHOULD OF. SO BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SEND YOUR MOTOR TO & BEWARE OF THOSE LINES

Ok a few things comes to mind here, First off sorry your motor broke but its happened to us all. That black hose has always said DO NOT USE for vac lines or dry sump lines, if so they have a deal you install in them so it does not do what it did to you. I think this is 1/2 on the motor guys shoulders and 1/2 on yours to know this, if you paid for the motor you should of did the research on all the parts you were getting so both of you could of prevented this from happening. I think the deal they offered you is fair, its a racing motor very few people offer a warranty with them because the nature of what we do with them. I think you should take this guy up on his offer, you felt he was good enough to do it the first time. Seems like a fair deal to me. just my 2 cents
Old 01-08-2009, 10:27 AM
KKC
JOURNEYMAN

Default Re: WARNING BEWARE OF S R T ENGINES

Originally Posted by hammertime

Ok a few things comes to mind here, First off sorry your motor broke but its happened to us all. That black hose has always said DO NOT USE for vac lines or dry sump lines, if so they have a deal you install in them so it does not do what it did to you. I think this is 1/2 on the motor guys shoulders and 1/2 on yours to know this, if you paid for the motor you should of did the research on all the parts you were getting so both of you could of prevented this from happening. I think the deal they offered you is fair, its a racing motor very few people offer a warranty with them because the nature of what we do with them. I think you should take this guy up on his offer, you felt he was good enough to do it the first time. Seems like a fair deal to me. just my 2 cents
I agree 1000%

Going fast is a lot more than paying someone to do all the research necessary for your application, thats the part of the fun in going fast that you have to do on your own, and sometimes it costs you money, alot of money!!

Thats racin'

just my 2 pieces of copper
Old 01-08-2009, 11:18 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

X3 fwiw.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:18 AM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

That sounded like a pretty good offer to me that they would step up and do what needed to be done. And no cost to you how could you lose? JMO
Old 01-08-2009, 11:38 AM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

Well, I'm going to go against the grain here. IMO, if it was sold with hose that said it was not for this use, then it should be fixed at no cost to the buyer. The way I'm reading this is the seller will repair it at cost. Why should the buyer pay for the sellers mistake? I agree that race motors don't carry warranties. But this is not a warranty issue, IMO. The seller went against the product specifications and it broke. IMO, it is his fault, not the buyers...
Old 01-08-2009, 02:30 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

WRONG HOSES --------------THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LIVELY
Old 01-08-2009, 05:24 PM
al51
SHOW GUEST

Default seller to blame

sounds like the guyr who agree are engine builders. this guy comes from n.y. i think sending his work to florida is saying something and trust aboutthe confidence he has in his ability toi put a good piece together.motor comes off a dyno ships up north put in the car. should be ready to go.what if it got hurt on dyno who pays then.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:21 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

mytmouz,lively im gonna side with you two on this one.its the sellers responciblity to know how and where to use the products he sells or installs
Old 01-09-2009, 02:34 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Not that I didnt agree the motor shop shouldnt of put them hoses on there BUT as a buyer I pick EVERY part tha goes on/in my motor as should everyone else.

Again what this place offered is better then most motor shops would of offered to do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -