OMG I cant believe this head failure????what kind is this???

Old 09-13-2009, 07:13 PM
altailites
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by signsbyesa
hey altailites, is that an alien walking around looking for a
car to drop in and burn some rubber, that thing looks like
a monster, predetor :wink:
lol it sure looks crazy on the stand thats for sure
Old 09-19-2009, 08:52 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Default Almost too funny to post

Originally Posted by OneBadGMC
Originally Posted by zipper06
There are really a lot more Chinese casting out there than people are willing to admit. I don't know who made the casting that started this thread, but not many of the head maufacturers have stepped up to the plate on improving their castings. I mean look at it this way, some people are running well over 300lbs spring pressure and .900 lift, this was unheard of a few yrs. ago, that head looks like it could have been cast with the same cores that a steel head would have been cast with, with steel being 200% or more stonger than alum. Plus alum mat'l cost 3 times more than steel, so they are trying to save money on the casting. Even the Chinese castings would be good if they would simply reduce the core size and build the deck and top side thicker. It's the almighty dollar savings, and hoping that no one will run the high spring pressures and the tall lift cams. If i had my way all the alum heads i run would be solid, but i run alcohol and don't have a cooling problem.

JMO

Zip.
How many Dart heads have you ever heard of pulling the entire top of the head out around the stud??? I've not ever seen one. How about a Brodix?
http://www.racingjunk.com/category/1...t-rockers.html

This is almost too funny and remember WJ, you found this set of heads. Appearently the rocker bolt boss broke out just like the CFE and some Procomps.

Gotya :lol:

Zip.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:30 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Almost too funny to post

There are really a lot more Chinese casting out there than people are willing to admit. I don't know who made the casting that started this thread, but not many of the head maufacturers have stepped up to the plate on improving their castings. I mean look at it this way, some people are running well over 300lbs spring pressure and .900 lift, this was unheard of a few yrs. ago, that head looks like it could have been cast with the same cores that a steel head would have been cast with, with steel being 200% or more stonger than alum. Plus alum mat'l cost 3 times more than steel, so they are trying to save money on the casting. Even the Chinese castings would be good if they would simply reduce the core size and build the deck and top side thicker. It's the almighty dollar savings, and hoping that no one will run the high spring pressures and the tall lift cams. If i had my way all the alum heads i run would be solid, but i run alcohol and don't have a cooling problem.

JMO

Zip.
How many Dart heads have you ever heard of pulling the entire top of the head out around the stud??? I've not ever seen one. How about a Brodix?

This is almost too funny and remember WJ, you found this set of heads. Appearently the rocker bolt boss broke out just like the CFE and some Procomps.

Zip.
what a pile of junk for $2500, whats the going price for scrap aluminum? :? :?
Old 09-20-2009, 08:27 AM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Almost too funny to post

JMO

Zip.

Zip.
Yeah, and for all we know, it wasn't the casting's fault. Did you see the combustion chamber??? :shock: I'd say there were "other" issues with that motor that far exceeded what was seen.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:22 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

BIG ISSUES! :lol:
Old 09-20-2009, 09:25 AM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

http://www.racingjunk.com/category/0...BC-parts-.html

I would bet there is what's left of the motor the heads were on...

6 pistons/rods, cracked block, no crank. :shock: