Why do some circle trackers race 80's muscle cars?

Old 08-18-2010, 02:02 PM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by Rigsby
Well Seth, that is what makes America beautiful... freedom to go around in circles in the dirt w/a car of choice. I hear ya, many a good car has been destroyed over the years... just think if you took those pictures in "1975" at the local dirt-track... it would make you sick... like Tod said.

Guess who I got to meet??? My friend's neighbor (Buzz something) who is now about 80 tears old & did all the stunts/jumps in the "General Lee" back in the day. He also did some work for Night Rider & some James Bond movies too. He broke his back 4 times, several injuries, only is about 5Ft tall. He was the first guy to drive a car on two wheels while in the drivers seat & perfected that stunt back in the 70's. Buzz told me they wrecked 20 68-70 Chargers in less than 18 shoots (less than 1 season) once in the Duke's hay-day... there are pictures of this guy doing stunts in the local restaurants here.... cool guy. He is on union terms & still does a few minor stunts to keep his union pay... he is a wealthy guy. He meant Waylon Jennings & some other cool stars. That show put a big dent in the Charger population... anyways, not everyday you meet someone like Buzz. Scooter
Again true. I'd have beat someone down if they had a 67-69 camaro wrecking it into walls though!!! LOL
Old 08-18-2010, 02:17 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

also note worth i can pick up any dirt track mag or speedway motors catolog and order a complete set of skins (hood, roof, tail, quarters,and fenders) and never cut up a g-body or 70-81 camaro either
Old 08-18-2010, 03:24 PM
dpassmore
JUNIOR BUILDER

I hate to see these cars get trashed but they make good racecars. Why is it you've targeted dirt trackers? Have you been to an asphalt race? They're just as many there.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:35 PM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

No actually I have never been to an asphalt race. Real men head straight for the finish line!

Old 08-18-2010, 04:25 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mopar1968
And a ricer or japanese car is nothing any of my sons will be driving under my roof no matter how much gas is and I hope they will grow to respect and love the classic american automobile. And thats just the way it is.

Your son's :?: And how old are you :?:
What are you 15 going on 40 ?

Quit acting like you're all grown up and been around the world :!: Now you're giving me a headache. :shock:
Old 08-18-2010, 05:15 PM
dpassmore
JUNIOR BUILDER

Actually I'm a drag racer. When my son was 9 I looked into a Jr. dragster. I couldn't afford one. So I got him a dirt oval kart instead. Then I realized how much fun he was having going 50mph (then) with other karts inches away. It taught him alot about car control that drag racing wouldn't have. He also spent 30-45 minutes actually practicing or racing each night compared to a couple of minutes if he was drag racing. And if you think it takes a real man to go straight,then maybe you should realize that he goes straight twice every lap. Only one difference. There's a wall at the end of that straight. I tried it in a kart once. My kid is more of a man than I am when it comes to that.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:17 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

..lol..i hear ya Beast Me too...

Ok Seth you wanted to hear it " I wouldn't have it" ( the car)

Now you need to do your Racing History Homework...all racing evolved from DIRT....thats Right Even drag Racing started on Dirt...

Give these Roundy,round Dirt racers a break they are the true american roots racing breed...

Hey man i love to see me some High HP Modified DIRT Racing

PS;
For the record about 5 years ago i drove a Winston Cup car (Ryan Newmans #12 car) about 36 laps around Darlington Speedway ( Lady in Black)...and i can tell you 1st hand its no Easy Chore....the straight-aways were no problem. but gettin in and out of those 33 degree bank turns were a Bitch and really taxing on the Body...when you hear of a driver saying they are hittng their marks...well thats what it is ...your driving blind in these turns 160mph + and you are judgeing and setting your car up as you pass Landmarks in the turns..if your off the mark the least little bit you will be in the wall coming out of the turns...

( also this was one of Ryans old cars (not his actual race day car) also it had a 600 hp motor,intsead of the 800hp race day motor....and no there was No lead pace car etc..i was on my own....)

so there is Nothing easy about it...trust me...and this is coming from a man that drives a 3,000lb 10inch tire Outlaw 4 second car...

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 08-18-2010, 10:01 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by burnskustomz
No actually I have never been to an asphalt race. Real men head straight for the finish line!

YOU have never seen a World of Outlaw Sprint car race have you? BALLS don't get any bigger than those guys...1300lb car with 850 HP.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:06 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
Well Seth, that is what makes America beautiful... freedom to go around in circles in the dirt w/a car of choice. I hear ya, many a good car has been destroyed over the years... just think if you took those pictures in "1975" at the local dirt-track... it would make you sick... like Tod said.

Guess who I got to meet??? My friend's neighbor (Buzz something) who is now about 80 tears old & did all the stunts/jumps in the "General Lee" back in the day. He also did some work for Night Rider & some James Bond movies too. He broke his back 4 times, several injuries, only is about 5Ft tall. He was the first guy to drive a car on two wheels while in the drivers seat & perfected that stunt back in the 70's. Buzz told me they wrecked 20 68-70 Chargers in less than 18 shoots (less than 1 season) once in the Duke's hay-day... there are pictures of this guy doing stunts in the local restaurants here.... cool guy. He is on union terms & still does a few minor stunts to keep his union pay... he is a wealthy guy. He meant Waylon Jennings & some other cool stars. That show put a big dent in the Charger population... anyways, not everyday you meet someone like Buzz. Scooter
Are you suggesting that the DUKE BOYS didn't do all those jumps themselves? Or that COOTER couldn't really straighten and paint every panel on the car in one day?
Old 08-19-2010, 03:10 AM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by Tod74
Originally Posted by burnskustomz

YOU have never seen a World of Outlaw Sprint car race have you? BALLS don't get any bigger than those guys...1300lb car with 850 HP.
Tod I'm sure it isn't easy driving a dirt car it's just a little joke I say to some friends that race dirt track. "Real men go straight for the finish line they don't go in circles looking for it" or something along them lines but it's just a joke I say to just about every hard core dirt track racer or fan I meet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -