kentucky makes a stand

Old 02-01-2011, 07:28 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

Default kentucky makes a stand

read that kentucky now makes welfare aplicants take drug tests before they can receive benifits
Old 02-02-2011, 04:58 AM
ChevyzZz
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Very awesome! Bout time...Now other states need to follow suite! :!:
Old 02-02-2011, 05:16 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Actually I think it's a random test. Not for all of them. It's a step in the right direction. Why do I have to pass a drug test to get a job to support people that do drugs? (I know not all welfare recipients are drug users)
Old 02-02-2011, 07:29 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

It's the BAD APPLES that put a stigma on the whole group, just as in the IL-legal immigrant 'issue'.

4th -5th -6th generation welfare families / drug gang IL-legals vs just plain hardworking folks who lost jobs and REALLY WANT to get back to work / hard working immigrants who REALLY WANT to be American and meld into American society.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Agreed. But Slomo's altered looks sinister... I love it!! Ain't no welfare car. Scoot
Old 02-08-2011, 04:00 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

i know drug tests are suppose to weed out the bad apples.but i have a problem with them. one, its a stepping stone to BIG BROTHER and 2,have any of you ever had to fight a positive test when you didnt take the drug that showed up. i have i take a piss test once a month . i have to test positive for metodone and oxycodone. if its not in there they will not give me my prescrition.if any thing else shows up again no meds for me.i didnt take nor have i ever taken the drug that showed up. they would not retest me, until i said i was going to go to a independent lab and get the work done. but if they wouldnt have retested me on the spot, i would have been without my meds, meaning exteme pain and also withdrawls.OUCH!!
Old 02-08-2011, 07:45 AM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

out law this s tests for those illegal drugs and they are trying to make sure the people who need it arent wasting it on dope. keeping honest honest and the scammers in fear
Old 02-08-2011, 02:23 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
i know drug tests are suppose to weed out the bad apples.but i have a problem with them. one, its a stepping stone to BIG BROTHER and 2,have any of you ever had to fight a positive test when you didnt take the drug that showed up. i have i take a piss test once a month . i have to test positive for metodone and oxycodone. if its not in there they will not give me my prescrition.if any thing else shows up again no meds for me.i didnt take nor have i ever taken the drug that showed up. they would not retest me, until i said i was going to go to a independent lab and get the work done. but if they wouldnt have retested me on the spot, i would have been without my meds, meaning exteme pain and also withdrawls.OUCH!!
The reason they want you to test positive is to be sure you are the one taking those drugs and not selling them / giving them to somebody else.

A drug test done by a lab is cut in half. They test it, if it neg. they throw the rest away. If it test pos. they send the other half to another lab. Depending on what the drug was that showed up it may only be in your system for 48hrs that's why you can't test somewhere else even they day they tell you. It's too late in most cases.
In order for a drug to test pos. it has to have so many parts per million. With the amount they allow (ppm) there is no doubt it is a positive test if it test pos.
On the other hand it is possible, but not likley to have gotten a test mixed up. May not even have been the sample itself, (most are labeled with the tested person watching) but when it was keyed into the computer.

I have dealt with just about every crazy situation you can imagine with drug test / test results.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:52 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

rabbit, i know why they have me do it and im dont really blame them, but at this one dr. office i have sat in the waiting room and listened to people yelling they didnt do that drug.and one of them was a grandpa old enough to be my grandpa and im 55.anyway to me its just more uncle sam moving in on me and more chance of errors that it damn near impossible to fix so you can go home with your meds.man i dont even remember the point i was trying to make lol
Old 02-10-2011, 12:05 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Every time I read one of your post about being in so much pain I feel for you.
I wish there was something I could do to help take your pain away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -