Is 1/8 Mile Drag Racing For Wussys? I Need Opinions.........

Old 01-27-2010, 05:44 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Mine is up also :!: :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 01-27-2010, 06:08 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by gws64gto
This 1/8mi verses 1/4 mi can go on forever such as why guys drive Ford’s vs Mopar vs Chevy vs Pontiac vs whatever....... it's just a topic on what track you race at or prefer. As stated, some of the quickest cars in the country run ADRL.

But, when I’m called an A-hole for stating my opinion to a previous post or I use the term "stripe" for finish line and categorized for utilizing delay boxes/ throttle stops because I race to the “stripe” 1/4mi (I don’t use any of those products). First and foremost, I'll call the finish line whatever I want and I don’t appreciate being called an A-hole because I respond to a post.

So get your shorts out of a wad and appreciate the fact that all of us have a place to go race our cars in this country rather it be 1/8 mi or 1/4mi and don’t take the postings so fricken personal.........
Sorry if i'm the one who offended, your car is obviously a car (blown injected) that runs full out. My comment was meant for the guys that can run in the 7's and dial 8.50 or something in that order and run on a throttle stop a 1/2 second or more slower so they can play with the throttle or brakes at the end of a qtr. mi. The only time in my life i've ever used a throttle stop was for the 1990 PHX. NHRA nationals in S/ST and it bite me in the ass because i had no experience with it. You and i both know it happens at every NHRA event and that's what i was addressing. I donot know one racer that uses a throttle stop in 1/8 mi. racing. I know some that have screws under the peddle or restrictor plates under the carb for the 6.0's and 7.0's class (door cars), but i perfer to run on the dial, if i'm off then i lose and i'm in the buy back line ops:

JMO

Zip.
PS: nice Goat, what does it run :?:
Old 01-27-2010, 11:14 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by oldandtired
OK, raise you hand if you have been first in line at the buy back window!
ops: Dave
Let me Put it to you like this...A few years ago we were at Tera Haute and I won the first round...My friend runs a dragster and he came back from his run and as He climbed out of his car he asked

"You gonna buy back in or load it up?"

I said neither... I won. :evil:

He said "really? ..." :lol:

:?
Old 01-28-2010, 05:36 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
Originally Posted by oldandtired
OK, raise you hand if you have been first in line at the buy back window!
ops: Dave
Let me Put it to you like this...A few years ago we were at Tera Haute and I won the first round...My friend runs a dragster and he came back from his run and as He climbed out of his car he asked

"You gonna buy back in or load it up?"

I said neither... I won. :evil:

He said "really? ..." :lol:

:?
Years ago I entered my street car in pro. 1st round I had to run the previous year's champ who was also the current points leader. He was a friend of mine. Very loudly in the staging lanes, I yelled to him
"How much is buy backs?"
He responded "I don't know. Why"?
I said "I was just wondering if you had it or needed to borrow it from me".

His 10 sec pro car lost to my 17 sec street car for his first "first round" loss of the year.

Don't get me wrong the people in buy backs know my name, car number and I think they expect to see me. :roll:
Old 01-28-2010, 06:52 AM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

I guess I'll say my two cents worth. This is a good topic. I think you race 1/4 or 1/8 mile depending upon what track is close to you. I race either 1/4 or 1/8 doesn't matter to me at all. I just love to race.
I use to run super pro against all the guys with delay boxes and their damn electronics. I won alot of races but got tired of it. You see I have always run a stick and no electronics or delay boxes. Then I ran pro with no boxes. That class is more fun cause I think everyone is on the same playing field.
Now I run NHRA S/ST, so called heads up with no delay box or throttle stop. I do it with timing and weight. The other guys run delay boxes and throttle stops. I love the Pro tree and take pride in putting these guys with the big MPH on the trailer. I know 90 classes are boring but here's my point.
Run 1/4 run 1/8 or what ever but do what you have fun doing. That's what it's really all about.
My 2 cents
Old 01-30-2010, 07:09 PM
gasalley
CRAFTSMAN

I agree with qtrmile2 & most everyone else that it doesn't matter where you race just have fun doing it. 8) 8)
Old 02-04-2010, 08:22 AM
prostreetbuyer
APPRENTICE

Default i prefer 1/4 mile because i like 200 mph

i prefer 1/4 mile because i like 200 mph :lol:
Old 02-04-2010, 08:32 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: i prefer 1/4 mile because i like 200 mph

Originally Posted by prostreetbuyer

If you're doin' it in the 1/4, and they're doin' it in the 1/8, does that mean their balls are twice as big as yours? :lol:
Old 02-04-2010, 01:03 PM
prostreetbuyer
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by suicidebomb

If you're doin' it in the 1/4, and they're doin' it in the 1/8, does that mean their balls are twice as big as yours? :lol:
judging your car from your pictures, might i assume you have a vagina? :lol:
Old 02-05-2010, 01:43 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by suicidebomb

judging your car from your pictures, might i assume you have a vagina? :lol:

I sure do, she's in the kitchen, making me breakfast. Got ya tho puddin, you go as long as you have, without... you think you see it everywhere. Might I assume you agree with me then? :lol:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -