Non Racing Topic

Old 01-05-2009, 03:23 PM
lookingaround
RACING JUNKIE

yeah David i believe the grand rod runs is the 17 18 and 19 of April. there is thousand and thousands of people and cars there
Old 01-05-2009, 03:56 PM
markadams
JUNIOR BUILDER

David, tomorrow is my and my wifes 20th aniversary. Misery loves company. Just kidding. It has gone very fast. We love to vacation in Florida. Namely Orlando. Love Disney and all the things to do down there. My wife has a web site with a ton of rental properties listed and she e-mails about 10 or so and makes them offers on houses. There are a ton for rent down there. We normally pay about $65-$85 per night for a 3-4 bedroom house. Some tell us GOOD LUCK,(some are not that nice) while others go for it. I think we have done that the past 4 years and have been shocked every time. Many homes just sit empty. Many are owned by people in England. (Don't know why.) But good for anyone who wants to vacation there. Dealing privately cuts costs for you. A little leg work will save you a ton. Myrtle beach in SC is pretty nice at that time also

I lived in Buffalo for 40 years so be careful, it could still be snowing in Niagara Falls in April. I now live in South Carolina and don't miss the cold or snow at all.

Good luck and enjoy. Mark
Old 01-05-2009, 04:13 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Me and my wife will be at the rod run also, we will be in HER Challenger, vitamin c orange in color.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:58 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Congrats to you my friend!! We went to Hawaii & it was overrated. Spent 3500 & got sick too. Anyways, go have fun & make babies. Rigsby
Old 01-06-2009, 04:40 PM
bowtie4542001
DYNO OPERATOR

Congrats David,
Me and my better half spent the wedding night at the drag strip and then we headed off to Gatlinburg (sp?) TN and had a great time, almost as much as we did at the track. Congrats again

Chris
Old 01-06-2009, 04:53 PM
gasalley
CRAFTSMAN

Originally Posted by robsbird
:arrow: as close to niagra as you are, you might think about that, get a motel overlooking the falls. Im only 25 min. from gatlinburg, tn. we go often, its usually just lots of people walking up and down the streets. lots of small shops and thing to do. there is jewelry, clothing, shoes, candy shops etc. but not to expensive. they have an aquarium there if you have never been to one. you walk under many type of fish like huge shark, sting ray, plus fresh water fish, etc. If you just wate until you get there you can look around for a motel. april 16-19 pigeon forge has a rod run at the grand motel pigeon forge is just a couple of miles from gatlinburg. there both on hwy 66. not a lot of tourist in april., motels are cheeper through the week the prices are advertised on the motel billboard. : : congrats. by the way i've been married for 29 happy years. we started in church and we were in church today with two of my three sons and there wives, and 2 grand sons 7mo. and 27 mo. :?:
Congrats, David & friend! I agree that Pigeon Forge would be great, that is one nice car show. I haven't been there , but have friends that have and they say it's alot of fun.
Good Luck to you both.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:58 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Leaving in a few minutes for our honeymoon in Gatlinburg if anyone see's a bright yellow shirt that says US 131 Survior on it @ that rod show.. that'll be me stop and say hello