beware of Maximum racing engines!

Old 07-01-2007, 05:22 PM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

Who the h e doulble toothpics is he trying to kid.... :shock:
The porting is right into the thread, it will strip out as soon as you put any kind of tork on it.

The guys is pissin on your leg and trying to tell you its raining.....
Old 07-01-2007, 06:07 PM
davis419b
EXPERT BUILDER

That is some very poor port work. They dont even come close to matching down inside around the valve guide area. Were they already ported when you bought them. If anybody can fix them it is Self if you can wait!
Old 07-01-2007, 06:29 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

DID JOE DO THIS WORK OR DID HE JUST SELL THEM THIS WAY TO YOU?IT MAKES A WHOLE LOT OF DIFFERNCE IN THE WAY THIS SITUATION SHOULD BE HANDLED.--I READ THE OTHER FORUMS ANSWERS TO THIS AND ALOT OF THEM HAVEN'T SEEN THIS PIC.-BUT-- IF JOE DIDN'T DO THE WORK HE IS CLEAR ON THAT PART--IF HE HAD THE HEADS APART AND DIDN'T TELL YOU ABOUT ANY OTHER PROBLEMS HE FOUND /THEN HE WAS NOT VERY THOROUGH IN HIS ASSEMENT HIMSELF--NOT TAKING SIDES JUST WANTING " HONEST" ANSWERS FROM BOTH SIDES!!!--LIVELY
Old 07-01-2007, 06:45 PM
altune
MASTER BUILDER

The main problem with joe is, he skates around the issues with "there not my parts"
He tried to sell me a camshaft, and I inquired thru the tech site about what cam I should get for the setup, he wrote me and was upset cause I was asking fo radvice. His response was, why ask other people when I am the person who ported the heads?
I resent the message to him and he skated around it again.
Al
Old 07-01-2007, 09:27 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

The problem I had with The guys response was in the post where he was telling Altune about them he said 'I may have a set' . He also stated that Altune declined to pay him to inspect them. If he's selling them, he should have inspected them. Just my .02.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:33 PM
altune
MASTER BUILDER

Well the numbers are in from Self racing,
the heads with their porting and port intruders flow 347 cfm on intake at .700 so there right about where they should be.
Finally.