Paul Luffman is a scamp artist and thief...... Please read

Old 12-04-2013, 06:30 AM
A69Chevelle
SHOW GUEST

Default Paul Luffman is a scamp artist and thief...... Please read

BEWARE......READ ALL BELOW

I had a transaction with this Paul Luffman (theft by deception) , he claimed to have a restored 1963 Chevy II that was an awesome street car. Stated EVERYTYING WORKS.....had numerous converstions about functions of this vehicle. After taking possession of this vehicle in a $20000.00 + swap for a Chevy II drag car that I owned I found out the following was to be true on his vehicle:
NO REAR BRAKES
NO WAY TO HOOK UP REAR BRAKES
WRONG MASTERCYLINDER FOR THIS CAR
INCORRECT FRONT SUSPENSION PARTS ....MAKES THE CAR UNDRIVEABLE
4 COMPLETELY WORN OUT TIRES
NO STEREO SOME JUNK IN THE BACK SEAT
SEATS ARE CRACKED
WORN OUT IDLERARM..BUSHING HANGING OUT
PITMAN ARM worn OUT
Frontend sooo bad it cant be aligned do to mix match parts.
In his ad he states car has been in his family for 20 years....did background ck and found out he only has had is a short amount of time. Vehcile title search says so.
He stated car drives great me and my son drive it alot....it can not be driven above 30 mph or it will swap lanes and go out of control..
Then finally yesterday he states he knew it was jacked up ....but thought I would be ok with it.
I have offered to just swap back with him and or for him to just buy parts to repair this car and I would leave it alone, he refuses....he now chooses to not respond to me any more so I am going to escalate this issue as far as needed....says he has noway of getting it to me and wants me to drive 600 miles to recover it if im unhappy with his crap car. I even offered to pay his gas bill because he also claims he is broke and has NO more for christmas....what an ass he is.
I refuse to be screwed like this and just let it go....or better yet let someone else get screwed like he thinks he has done me.
Before you have dealings with this guy who says he is a racecar fabricator please contact me I will tell you what he is really.
Chip 706 527 9745
I can prove All allegations I made is true.... and will be turning this and all info over to an attorney later this week. I also contacted Racing Junk to report him as a scammer....my attorney will be contacting racing junk to collect all ads and info he has provided on this vehicle.
Remember Paul Luffman. He is a thief!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for reading
Chip
Old 12-04-2013, 09:41 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Just one question, did you inspect this vehicle in person before trading??

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 12-04-2013, 10:06 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Hi Chip-

I would be upset too. First, I would copy this ad & list in the scammer section the same way it reads here. Second, do you have an ad # for the sellers ad? Post it up & lets see if the buyer will respond to the compliant filed against him... maybe it will come in handy later . Last, I would take pics & get a neutral/3rd party assess & document condition. Sounds like a death trap... glad you recognized the seriousness of the condition... you don't need to become the next Paul Walker. Scooter
Old 12-05-2013, 01:38 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

did you buy it while you were wearing a blind fold ?? that just doesnt add up, that you could miss all that ??
Old 12-05-2013, 03:09 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bigray
did you buy it while you were wearing a blind fold ?? that just doesnt add up, that you could miss all that ??

Hmmm :? :? Well we are waiting :!: :!:

Mark
Old 12-05-2013, 03:22 PM
SuperComp1R
MASTER BUILDER

Default swap

Really.........if the car was as you say why did you do the deal? 2 sides to every deal.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:23 AM
A69Chevelle
SHOW GUEST

I did not have on a blind fold.

it was freezing out , freaking 20 mph wind, just drove 250 miles, the previous owner stated he works at a professional race shop.

Here is the part that suckers you, car looks and sounds awesome, driving the car around at speeds lower than 20 mph can't tell about bump steer, just applying the brakes normally from a slow speed stop can't tell that rear brakes are not hooked up either, once i got the car up on a lift at home after trying to drive it the first time at normal driving speeds is when i noticed the bump steer problems because it will change lanes on you it is so bad.

Maybe you can spot bump steer on a car sitting still, i couldn't, plus i put faith in someone who assured me the car was ready for the road and in great condition. says he drives it all the time with his son.

Biggest problem I had besides getting something that is crap, was taking a man at his word. Wow.

I have since spent over $1600.00 on this car repairing these concerns.

guess some folks will be negative no matter what.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:51 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by A69Chevelle
I did not have on a blind fold.

it was freezing out , freaking 20 mph wind, just drove 250 miles, the previous owner stated he works at a professional race shop.

Here is the part that suckers you, car looks and sounds awesome, driving the car around at speeds lower than 20 mph can't tell about bump steer, just applying the brakes normally from a slow speed stop can't tell that rear brakes are not hooked up either, once i got the car up on a lift at home after trying to drive it the first time at normal driving speeds is when i noticed the bump steer problems because it will change lanes on you it is so bad.

Maybe you can spot bump steer on a car sitting still, i couldn't, plus i put faith in someone who assured me the car was ready for the road and in great condition. says he drives it all the time with his son.

Biggest problem I had besides getting something that is crap, was taking a man at his word. Wow.

I have since spent over $1600.00 on this car repairing these concerns.

guess some folks will be negative no matter what.
Not being negative, I was just asking real world questions in a day and age that its really hard to "take a man at his word"
We collectively can not tell you how many times we have seen someone come on hear complaining about a car they have gotten of RJ saying the car is not what the seller said it was.
If the guy worked at a shop why couldn't you have picked the car up there where you could have spent some time inside going over the car? If I drive 250 miles to buy something I sure as hell am not gonna just load it up and then inspect it top to bottom once I get back home.
We are not picking on you, just asking and stating the obvious...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 12-23-2013, 12:49 PM
SuperComp1R
MASTER BUILDER

Default scam

Chris is 100% on this one, trust but verify, sounds like you spent more time driving there than you did looking at the car, and a 20 mph test drive? Really?