Dyno Flow engine builders

Old 10-24-2009, 12:08 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

fla1976 ya beat me to it!! if eleven pages in the fram thread doesn't convince you nothing will !! :shock:
Old 10-24-2009, 12:58 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

I don't win a reaction time contest very often, thanks,
Old 10-24-2009, 02:17 PM
firepro65
JOURNEYMAN

Default Re: Dynoflo

You dont know all the facts. He people tell me he does not want to talk. I spoke to him on the phone for 5 minutes and he says 2 hours. So he is correct? How does a oil filter from fram that had less than 10 minutes on it burn the bearings? It can't. Scott installed the manifold and dynoed the motor. How did I make it leak? Because he said I installed it. I have dyno sheets, did I make those up also? I appreciate you defending him. I am sure he stuff is good for the most part. But you are only getting a small piece of what all took place. And in his defence, maybe it is just some of his moron employees. I got a call today from dynoflo. very thankful for that. 775-745-0374 that is my # if you would like to know all the details. I have nothing to hide. I paid alot of money and did not get what I paid for, this makes me a bad guy? I called and called and some of the idiots that work for him said he will just yell at you and does not want to talk to me. Thanks for the time and open your mind before you judge me. I did not get what I paid for. And for the guy who says do it yourself, great small minded thinking. Do you fill your own teeth aswell or go to the dentist? Think before you insult someone.

This guy has a point. But the question should be did he fix it? and why was it a piece of crap to start with.[/quote] WOW you are an a hole .I was asking you what part of town you live in {in private} so if you were close I could come help you with your motor because it looks like you have no phucking clue what you are doing with a 1000hp motor. and let me guess if the motor has a leak or a water drop you are going to bash Scott again on here before you give him a chance to make it right . Scott has always treated me with respect and it looks like he is trying to make it right with you. now if he tells you to go pound sand thats when you make a post that he phucked you. and here is the scarry part down the road when you need to adj the valves, make jet changes, is this going to be scotts fault if you phuck that up? im just saying :lol:[/quote]
Old 10-24-2009, 02:29 PM
gungho
EXPERT BUILDER

I would like to see a picture of the engine,just to see if it is a 671 or 871..please post one on here..that should clear some of this up.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:39 PM
blownalky3
MASTER BUILDER

Default Bearings

Firepro

You must not of looked at the very lengthy thread concerning Fram Oil Filters!!!! Go read for a while. And YES, A FILTER CAN TAKE OUT THE BEARINGS IN SECONDS, NOT MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not sticking up for anyone, but he gave you very sound advice on the filter which you clearly chose to ignore. Did you think he just dislikes Fram? Or do you think he was telling you to stay away because he has experience with oil filters causing big dollar engine failures to which Fram will do NOTHING ABOUT????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????

No matter who you choose to build your stuff, ignoring their advise when you admit knowing little about motors is kinda stupid. Just gives the builder ammo to stick it back to you. Wouldn't you rather follow their instructions to the letter and if you had problems what could they say???? You did EVERYTHING they asked right? It also makes for a tense partnership, because who you choose to spend that kind of money with should be someone you trust and who's advise you value not ignore. AGAIN, I AM NOT TAKING SIDES, but do you think his ignoring you and not having a conversation with you had anything to do with not taking his advise and then complaining to HIM?

Trust me, sh!TT happens to the best builders. I have had brand new motors break brand new stuff. Would have happened to whoever got those parts. I can tell you a guy here had his motor break on the dyno before he even got it (from a very well known mountain motor guy) and they called him and told him he needed to pay for new parts. Lets hope you fired it up and all is well.
Old 10-24-2009, 04:37 PM
firepro65
JOURNEYMAN

Default Re: Bearings

Originally Posted by blownalky3
Firepro

You must not of looked at the very lengthy thread concerning Fram Oil Filters!!!! Go read for a while. And YES, A FILTER CAN TAKE OUT THE BEARINGS IN SECONDS, NOT MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not sticking up for anyone, but he gave you very sound advice on the filter which you clearly chose to ignore. Did you think he just dislikes Fram? Or do you think he was telling you to stay away because he has experience with oil filters causing big dollar engine failures to which Fram will do NOTHING ABOUT????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????

No matter who you choose to build your stuff, ignoring their advise when you admit knowing little about motors is kinda stupid. Just gives the builder ammo to stick it back to you. Wouldn't you rather follow their instructions to the letter and if you had problems what could they say???? You did EVERYTHING they asked right? It also makes for a tense partnership, because who you choose to spend that kind of money with should be someone you trust and who's advise you value not ignore. AGAIN, I AM NOT TAKING SIDES, but do you think his ignoring you and not having a conversation with you had anything to do with not taking his advise and then complaining to HIM?

Trust me, sh!TT happens to the best builders. I have had brand new motors break brand new stuff. Would have happened to whoever got those parts. I can tell you a guy here had his motor break on the dyno before he even got it (from a very well known mountain motor guy) and they called him and told him he needed to pay for new parts. Lets hope you fired it up and all is well.

Blown, sorry don't know your name. The advise was not given to me. First I appreciate the responce. I agree that a motor can break at start up, as you said $hit happens. His responce is not entirely honest and correct. First Scott did stand up and look at the engine, for that he is awesome. But It took 2 months of calling and stopping by and talking with Danny and getting the run around. Maybe Scott did not know the issues and how many times I called asking for his expert advise. I do listen when I can talk to Scott. Maybe this is all due to his employees being liars. I dont know. That fram filter was put on so I could load car on trailer, engine trouble long before that. So I wont use fram, I understand this. I started the car up 1 hour ago. drained oil first, had 4 quarts of oil in it. So I put new oil 7 Quarts and it fired right up. Sounds great rough idle but that can be adjusted. He had an employee call me while I was installing it, this was in my opinion classy and showed me something. But in his responce on here I am a biotch stupid mother f u c k er, read it. This is his attitude once he was paid in full. From the begginning he says I screwed the motor up. When you buy a turnkey motor, the name says it all. It leaked from the intake water jackets from the moment i turned it on. Oh by the way, the intake gaskets were 2 .060's glued togeather. I took them to Danny at Dynoflo and showed him. Scott was not there. Danny tried back peddling and gave me .120 intake gaskets and said don't tell Scott he will just yell. Bottom line he built it and I believe now that some of his employees were hiding some stuff from him. But Scott and Dynoflo did stand up to the plate and make the repairs. I will drive it Saturday to see if in deed it is fixed. Thier is alot more history that was not disclosed. But I do appreciate someone from the outside giving thier opinion. My only question is why did it take this forum to get a responce from Scott. I called trying to get help, which I would have gladly paid for. Maybe he should find better employees if that is the problem. I tried, He saw me there twice and would not look at me and stayed in the back. Then talks tough on the computer, instead of when I am there. We will see eachother at the next PSCA race. Maybe he can talk to me then or I will just stop by the shop, If he will come out of the back. Who knows. Thanks for listening. Advice and your opinion are appriciated.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:12 PM
firepro65
JOURNEYMAN

Default Re: Firpro Eric

Originally Posted by dynoflo
Quite suprised to see you on here, but what else is new for you on this? Let me bring everyone up to speed. We built an engine with his blower. He complained that he had kept burning down the old one [blown head gasket]. Now on this one, we did find that it was extremely lean on the dyno and tuned that to eliminate that problem. He got the engine and asked everyone and their mom how to work on it and tune it. I spent probably 2 hours with him personally. I got tired of it, so he talked to Danny my counter guy for not less than 4 hours more. Over and over and over. Then he would change the tune, and say that someone told him to do it, andwe would say what did you do that for? Then his response is " I don' know anything about engines" Then stop tuning it. I was fed up, and told him well over 2 months ago to bring me the car and I would tune it and get this past us. He did not. Then he decided to work on it and pulled the intkae and when he reinstalled it, he filled up the engine w/ water, and called to say that he had just put in 100.00 worth of oil and that I should do something about it. I said bring the engine down, were are done playing this. So he brought the car, no I said bring the engine. Finally he brings the engine and wants to talk about it over and over. I told him that I am done talking about it. " This is your one freebee", you have played around and played around and wasted a lot of my time and my company's time on this, and we are done with that" So I paid for the tear down, I paid for the parts and I paid for the dyno time, which is my time, my life and my money. I have better s to do than to try to please some guy who wants to jump up and bash. OK ERIC, HERE IT IS:

SEE, YOU PICKED UP THE ENGINE WITHOUT TALKING TO ME OR COMING UP FRONT TO ASK WHAT WE DID, SO YOUR ASSUMPTIONS ARE WRONG.

NO, IT DIDN'T HAVE A BLOWN HEAD GASKET, MAYBE THE CALCIUM STAINS AROUND YOUR INTAKE MANIFOLD AT ALL 4 CORNERS WOULD HAVE LET YOU KNOW THAT YOU HAD INSTALLED THE INTAKE MANIFOLD WRONG.

yOUR OVERHEATING PROBLEM, FIRST OF ALL, YOU ARE TRYING TO CRUISE W/ 25% OVERDRIVE ON YOUR WORN OUT 871 BLOWER, SECOND YOUR TEMP GAUGE BUNG IS DEADHEADED AT THE REAR OF THE MANIFOLD AND DOES NOT GIVE A TRUE READING OF TEMP

YOU USED A FRAM FILTER AFTER BEING TOLD NOT TO, WE DID HAVE TO EAT A SET OF BEARINGS DUE TO YOUR $%^#

YOU SWITCHED THE SPARKPLUGS [NOW I KNOW WE TALKED ABOUT IT FOR HALF AN HOUR, BUT IF YOU HAD A QUESTION DARTHEADS.COM] I HAD 750" REACH GASKETED PLUGS IN IT, YOU SWITCHED TO TAPER SEAT .460" REACH PLUGS, NO OWNDER IT RAN LIKE s, THE PLUG IS HALF WAY UP THE HOLE. tHE BLACK ON THE PLUGS WOULD HAVE BEEN A SURE SIGN THAT IT WAS IDLING TOO RICH IN 7500FT OF AIR WHEN YOU TOOK IT TO RENO, YOU COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO TURN THE IDLE MIXTURE SCREWS DOWN, BUT YOU SURE COULD DO ALL KINDS OF OTHER THINGS TO MESS IT UP... OHHH YEAH I FORGOT YOU DON;T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ENGINES.

YOU CANNOT IMAGINE HOW UPSET I WAS TO WORK ON AN ENGINE THAT WAS RUNNING GREAT WHEN IT LEFT, TO HAVE YOU SCREW IT UP AND THEN I AM SPENDING MY WED EVENING ON THE DYNO WITH IT WHEN I HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO, BUT I WANTED TO PLEASE A CUSTOMER. I WANTED YOU TO HAVE A POSITIVE EXPERIENCE.

YOU CHICKENS$%T F@#K, NEXT TIME, YOU WILL WANT TO COME AND SAY THANKS TO THE GUY WHO FOOTED THE BILL FOR YOUR B.S. WHEN YOU PICK IT UP...

THEN YOU UNGRATEFUL BIOTCH, YOU GET ON HERE AND QUESTION THE SILICONE GE GEN2 SILICONE SEALS WHERE NOTHING ELSE DOEs, AND SINCE YOU HAD INTAKE ISSUES WITH YOUR USED INTAKE [NOT SUPPLIED BY US] I WANTED TO MAKE SURE YOU HAD NO MORE ISSUES.

NOW FOR WHAT WE DID TO ELIMINATE YOUR PROBLEMS:
LOCKED OUT THE DISTRIBUTOR @ 28* W/ 8.5:1 THAT SHOULD START EVERYTIME, AND IDLE MUCH CLEANER AND COOLER, I TOLD YOU ABOUT THAT NOT LESS THAN 4 TIMES BUT YOU CAN'T HEAR. [NO ARM CHAIR TUNERS PLEASE VEGAS AND RENO HAVE LOUSY AIR, IT WILL NOT PING ON 28*, MORE OVER HE RUNS RACE GAS AT THE TRACK] I PUT THE RIGHT PLUGS IN THE ENGINE, AND I LEANED OUT THE IDLE MIXTURE SCREWS. I ALSO WENT OUT OF MY WAY TO MAKE SURE YOUR JANKY INTAKE MANIFOLD DOESN'T LEAK.

PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A BAD ATTITUDE, WHEN IT COMES TO PEOPLE LIKE THIS.... YES I DO, AND IF YOU DON;T UNDERSTAND WHY THEN YOU ARE HOPELESS. :twisted:

THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW I WASTED MY TIME TRYING TO FACILITATE YOU. WHEN YOU F#$K IT UP AGAIN, MAKE SURE TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR IT.

IF YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT CHANGING THE TUNE ON THIS ENGINE IT WILL GO BACK TO THE "OVERHEATING" THAT YOU CLAIMED BEFORE.

BY THE WAY, MAYBE GET THE SENDER TO A POINT IN THE COOLING SYSTEM. :twisted:

I go the extra mile to make things happen for people. Most of the time guys do appreciate it. I have guys who will not touch their cars, because they only want me to work on it. I have guys who can take direction over the phone 3000 miles or 15000 miles away on open water to make their stuff run hard and clean. Eric, you have shown what a piece of shizit you are. Now back to my Saturday. I have another engine on the dyno that needs to be ready for an upcoming race.
Wow, read this again. You were suppose to lockout the distributor, you didn;t the first time. You were suppose to install inner head studs, you didn't. Are they in now? I have written quote which I paid for saying this. I called everyone for advise? No just you and Danny. Maybe he never told you. 2 hours on phone< Come on Scott I have the phone bill. I understand you defending your company. I would as well. You might be able to make claims on here an insult me because I don't know much about motors. But you had no problem with my used blower and manifold when you wanted my money. Let;s get past me screwing the motor up and answer with class some question for all to see.

1. why no inner studs when I purchased them?
2.Why glue 2 .60 intake gaskets together instead of 1 .120? ( I showed Danny and still have them)
3. How did I screw it up when all I did is install it just like you took it off your dyno and the exhaust gases got so hot at idle that it melted my plug wires and electrical wiring going to alternator , wires were 10" from headers, again this is on video.
4. This thread is getting old, I would have liked to keep buying from you in the future. But you might want to be honest and think about how your employees represent you and how you speak to people. Bad service travles faster than good service. I would like to take this time to Thank you for stepping up and looking at the engine. I will be stopping by to talk to you in person, so we dont have anymore of this computer tough guy stuff. You saw me there and stayed away and she told me you had nothing for me and did not need to talk. So I laughed and said that speaks volumes. Seriously, Thanks Scott. Dynoflo stepped up and re did the engine. Hopefully it is done. Thanks everyone for your replies.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:47 PM
altailites
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by firepro65
Firepro

Blown, sorry don't know your name. The advise was not given to me. First I appreciate the responce. I agree that a motor can break at start up, as you said $hit happens. His responce is not entirely honest and correct. First Scott did stand up and look at the engine, for that he is awesome. But It took 2 months of calling and stopping by and talking with Danny and getting the run around. Maybe Scott did not know the issues and how many times I called asking for his expert advise. I do listen when I can talk to Scott. Maybe this is all due to his employees being liars. I dont know. That fram filter was put on so I could load car on trailer, engine trouble long before that. So I wont use fram, I understand this. I started the car up 1 hour ago. drained oil first, had 4 quarts of oil in it. So I put new oil 7 Quarts and it fired right up. Sounds great rough idle but that can be adjusted. He had an employee call me while I was installing it, this was in my opinion classy and showed me something. But in his responce on here I am a biotch stupid mother f u c k er, read it. This is his attitude once he was paid in full. From the begginning he says I screwed the motor up. When you buy a turnkey motor, the name says it all. It leaked from the intake water jackets from the moment i turned it on. Oh by the way, the intake gaskets were 2 .060's glued togeather. I took them to Danny at Dynoflo and showed him. Scott was not there. Danny tried back peddling and gave me .120 intake gaskets and said don't tell Scott he will just yell. Bottom line he built it and I believe now that some of his employees were hiding some stuff from him. But Scott and Dynoflo did stand up to the plate and make the repairs. I will drive it Saturday to see if in deed it is fixed. Thier is alot more history that was not disclosed. But I do appreciate someone from the outside giving thier opinion. My only question is why did it take this forum to get a responce from Scott. I called trying to get help, which I would have gladly paid for. Maybe he should find better employees if that is the problem. I tried, He saw me there twice and would not look at me and stayed in the back. Then talks tough on the computer, instead of when I am there. We will see eachother at the next PSCA race. Maybe he can talk to me then or I will just stop by the shop, If he will come out of the back. Who knows. Thanks for listening. Advice and your opinion are appriciated.
Hey bozo look what you just posted Danny is a stand up guy and I know him well and you my friend just threw him under the bus. think before you post dip-s. I just talked to Danny on the phone and from what he told me you should not even own a race motor or a gun for that matter . the gaskets were not glued together but he did say they looked like they were coming apart . go ahead keep bashing scott and see if he will keep helping you . again think before you post [/b]
Old 10-24-2009, 06:01 PM
firepro65
JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by altailites
Originally Posted by firepro65
Firepro

Hey bozo look what you just posted Danny is a stand up guy and I know him well and you my friend just threw him under the bus. think before you post dip-s. I just talked to Danny on the phone and from what he told me you should not even own a race motor or a gun for that matter . the gaskets were not glued together but he did say they looked like they were coming apart . go ahead keep bashing scott and see if he will keep helping you . again think before you post [/b]
Hey, so when are the facts throwing someone under the bus. And yes danny appeared to be a good guy. Maybe you are made of money and can afford to throw away 12k. I can't. Get the whole story instead of defending a friend, this is called charector. You have my #, call me and we can meet if you would like. i have not done anything wrong, except do business with him. Get over it. I will agree you have had good dealings with him. And I would imagine alot of other people have got great service from Dynoflo. I got the run around, period. Thanks for the responce, now be like Scott and reply in your ignorant rude way. Facts only, read all the thread, first. Why would I lie and not bring the engine back as scott said he said. Oh yea I like my car broke. Think about it. Someone is lieing. I am the one with the bad engine. Read all the threads first. And ask around the race track. It is not good.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:29 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Once people start offering to meet up somewhere(I am assuming to slug it out??) then the thread becomes a joke. All that does is make grown men look like junior high boys challenging each other to a fight on the play ground. JMO If that wasn't what was meant then ignore me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -