Chevrolet Cross Fire Injection???

Old 05-22-2007, 05:49 PM
lvbluepit
SHOW GUEST

Default Chevrolet Cross Fire Injection???

i have a 1982 camaro z-28 stock equipped with the cross fire injection, i cant find any info. or specs on the system. but i have a 1969 327 v-8 long block .30 over with #882 heads and comp. cam.
QUESTION. would the injection work on this engine, or should i use the performer intake and carb. any input would be greatly appreciated... thank you.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:43 PM
sp2816
MASTER BUILDER

The question is what are you really looking for: performance or a driver?

The crossram was built more for torque and it has small runners. It will physically work on the 327, but I feel that it would limit the potential of it. My experience with it was that I built a 355 street engine for a guy and no matter what he wanted to keep the crossram, because it looked neat. The camshaft was a Compucam with about .460" lift and 275 advertised camshaft, so I felt that it should have pulled to about 6000. It pulled hard down low, but it felt like it hit a wall at about 5000 rpm's because it was running out of fuel. He felt that was OK, because it was for his wife's car.

I would recommend at least the Performer intake, if not the RPM Performer intake, a good carburator and a good HEI distributor, because you will have to change the distributor, also.

Bill M
Old 05-22-2007, 08:05 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

I would ditch the crossram becuase of its limitations like stated above,
go with the performer rpm manifold which is an excellent choice but forget about the performer carb and get a holley 650 dp or the 670 street avenger for street use.