sg1586
MASTER BUILDER

Default Logger

Any one here have a data logger??? I have some questions
Old 01-28-2009, 12:45 PM
cpgeneration
SHOW GUEST

Default data logger

RPM data logger, Randy at RPM , great support, good price, works fine, would i buy another one YES !!!!
Old 01-28-2009, 04:55 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

I 2nd RPM, I am putting one on this winter. My racing buddy sells them. What questions do you have, maybe I can answer them for you, or you can give Randy a call. http://www.rpmperf.com/

Curtis
Old 01-30-2009, 05:59 PM
sg1586
MASTER BUILDER

You guys are funny!!!! I posted that last year and nobody answered...

I got a Computech logger and love it!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-30-2009, 06:54 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by sg1586
You guys are funny!!!! I posted that last year and nobody answered...

I got a Computech logger and love it!!!!!!!!!!
ops: ops: Sorry I didn't see that cpgeneration had brought it back from the dead.

Curtis
Old 02-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

Yes RACEPAK!! DR.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:53 PM
RobKlyver
SHOW GUEST

Default Re: Logger

Originally Posted by sg1586
Any one here have a data logger??? I have some questions
Did anyone answer your questions? I just did two days in Indy at PI Research training on their new Omega System and may be able to assist in a system choice.
rob klyver
Sears Point Race Parts
Old 04-23-2009, 10:33 AM
dak697
MASTER BUILDER

I asked the guys I race with on what they used and would buy if they had to again

SG car
Bought the Edelbrock unit with the added sensor upgrade... really likes it... would buy another one

SST car
Bought the Autometer unit. very easy to install and would buy again

TD
Racepak. with the dash. Had some initial problems with RF Interference. Sorted that out works great. Bought a TS car and bought another racepak

TD
Computec with the dash. had RF issues also, had to do with the MAG circuit too close to the computer... we were at Sema and had a bunch of photos and a diagram. their engineer showed us the problem right away Works good, would buy again

SST (mine)
Racedata with the dash. works good, would buy again. did not have the the RF issues, but I do not run a Mag and I installed every thing I could behind the seat so the box is far away from the MSD

I personally think that the Computec and the Racedata are the same unit, but I could be wrong.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:22 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Which Data Logger is the best for the money, I notice the price is a wide range on them. What sensors do you guys think are a "must" have when pricing a unit ?
Old 04-29-2009, 10:52 AM
dak697
MASTER BUILDER

I think for a complete unit the Computec and Racedata are competitivly priced.

For Sensors..I like all of them... the more the better... but I pay attention to the following

Engine RPM
Drive Shaft Speed
EGT
Water Temp
Oil Temp for the Transmission

EGT- just for basic tuming
RPM and Drive shaft speed - Tire spin and it allows me to keep an eye on the transmission/convertor
Oil for the Transmission just to keep an eye on it for maintence

When it was 1st installed it was a great toy to have. When we started struggling with keeping the car consistant (kept adding more power to run the #) The sensors showed the transmission starting to slip ...Heat started going up higher and Engine RPM was not creating the drive shaft speeds we were used to.,

On the TD car it was showing us that we were running out of fuel at the 1000' mark.

They really just become another tool you use, they help in set up, tuning and maintance. The 1st year we ran alcohol injection and went to a differnet track we would change the pill on what we thought it should be, after the first pass with the EGT we could make the 2nd change and would end up seeing thee EGT that we were looking for

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -