crane ignition

Old 08-13-2007, 03:20 PM
nabit
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default crane ignition

I am looking at a crane ignition hi-6ds part# 6000-6423 but I can't find much on it besides it is like a regular crane hi-6 but has a dual stage rev limiter, one for launch and one for max rpm.

Does anyone have one of these or know anything about theses?
thanks!!
Old 08-15-2007, 04:20 PM
chevy1936
SHOW GUEST

Default crane ignition

crane ignition is a very good choice. the limiters are a very good option to have also. my two choices of ignition are either crane or mallory. mallory is making some very high end stuff. i have holley ignition products but they were discontinued in 2001. love it works great. had msd left me in staging lanes with no fire. heard alot of stuff like that about msd. study your choices and see that your getting what you want for the amount you want to spend.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:12 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

I know this probably going get something started but for the record I have been racing for over 20 years and I have never had a msd unit fail me and cant really think of anybody I know that uses them have a failure either, however on the other hand I have had a mallory box fail on me on one of my cars and it was only a few months old, and dont even get me started on their picky modules that are always going out, but I do like their promaster coils.
I think petronix makes the crane and the former holley annilator units along with a few other namers. So save some dough and skip the name game and buy direct for the manufacter if you just have to have a crane STYLE box.
They all are just copies of the orignal boxes msd pioneered years ago except most are digital now instead of analog. Only ever professional dragracing team uses msd. Just my opinion Charles
Old 08-18-2007, 04:10 AM
nabit
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Thanks guys..The reason I was asking was b/c there was on on ebay that I was looking at and actually won for $80 brand new in the box and it was a crane h-=6ds dual stage rev limitier..

Thanks again!!