oh man you gotta love the traders on here

Old 10-21-2009, 11:51 PM
eddie1963
SENIOR BUILDER

Default HOW MUCH?????????????????????????????????????????????

did we forget the people that DONT EVEN PUT A PRICE AT ALL ??? make offer ?? IS IT A 5K 6K 15K 30K car?????? how hard is it to put 10,000.00 firm or obo? hell even OVER PRICE IT ! [ BUT THAT WOULDNT HAPPEN WOULD IT?] i usually pass those ads up. i actually cant afford anything, but i do love the enjoyment of looking and learning about all the listings. Hotrodder at heart but have a few issues that hinder me some. but 'WHAT HAPPENED' to putting a price? i suggest it be mandatory to put something. [ will $1 do?] LOL just adding a comment. God Bless say a prayer for the person you know that is in need and if you have an extra moment say one for that special person thats not so needy, perhaps they can pass it forward to a needy person.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:02 AM
fbodyjunkie
JOURNEYMAN

My favorites are the 1's that want something for nothing. I posted a ad like that and got some very interesting replies. Went like this. This was just poking fun at people, so I'm a bad man (boy). Basicly a stock car. It was a 1998 Trans/am project
$1,000,000,000.00
Check Ad #xxxxxxx for description. Willing to trade my project for your super nice high dollar car, 10.5 cars, promods, pro street, 07-up Corvette or even a viper. Trades must be real, straight across, or cash my way. I've got about $7200 in the car and parts plus time, so trade value should be at least $40,000. I know, I know some of you know thats a little low, but I know times are tough. For the right trade I'll throw in the slave cylinder. Ok, now then back to the real world. Would like an older Chevy car. Something with a nice lope, and maybe a shift kit. Just something to have fun in and drive.
Needless to say nobody thought it was funny. But it is like the ads I always run across. BTW I left out the ad# because I'm not plugging to sell on here. But it did have a real world description and price or so I thought.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:24 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by fbodyjunkie
My favorites are the 1's that want something for nothing. I posted a ad like that and got some very interesting replies. Went like this. This was just poking fun at people, so I'm a bad man (boy). Basicly a stock car. It was a 1998 Trans/am project
$1,000,000,000.00
Check Ad #xxxxxxx for description. Willing to trade my project for your super nice high dollar car, 10.5 cars, promods, pro street, 07-up Corvette or even a viper. Trades must be real, straight across, or cash my way. I've got about $7200 in the car and parts plus time, so trade value should be at least $40,000. I know, I know some of you know thats a little low, but I know times are tough. For the right trade I'll throw in the slave cylinder. Ok, now then back to the real world. Would like an older Chevy car. Something with a nice lope, and maybe a shift kit. Just something to have fun in and drive.
Needless to say nobody thought it was funny. But it is like the ads I always run across. BTW I left out the ad# because I'm not plugging to sell on here. But it did have a real world description and price or so I
thought.
If you would have said it had a Corvette motor your phone would not have stopped ringing! :lol:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 10-22-2009, 12:37 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Like this ad:
Just read the last few lines in the description, it STILL cracks me up!! I normally would not post the ad #, but this is hilarious! This is by no means whatsoever a bash on this seller other than having a good laugh about the "trade value". I have never heard anything good or bad about him, just want to make that clear.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:13 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default Trade?

Perfect EXAMPLE!
Well if them Guys are BEATING His Door down?
He NEEDS to LINE up 2 of them with 30 large Each,then they can TRADE The $$$ For His OVERPRICED BARRETT JACKSON Looka-LIKE?
Get a LIFE!!!
Later
G 8)
Old 10-22-2009, 01:37 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hollowayshotrods
Like this ad:
Just read the last few lines in the description, it STILL cracks me up!! I normally would not post the ad #, but this is hilarious! This is by no means whatsoever a bash on this seller other than having a good laugh about the "trade value". I have never heard anything good or bad about him, just want to make that clear.
Wow I got a nice 5th wheel camper that the trade value is about $60,000 :lol: I wonder if he would bite?
Old 10-27-2009, 02:51 PM
bluegrassjh
SENIOR BUILDER

What I hate is when you go thru the motions on a trade and right at the end they ask..."What are you asking for the car?" As soon as you come up with a figure..."Oh mine is worth way more than that...have any cash you could throw in?" I never respond to those. I think I even wrote DO NOT ASK FOR A PRICE. on my last ad. If it says trade only...guess what? IT'S NOT FOR SALE. That's why it says trade only. It's a weird game of cat and mouse...and it shouldn't be that way, but it is. So it's either I play the game, or I sit on my car and it doesn't get traded. What to do??? I did an experiment where I posted a price on a ad, one where I had no price at all, and one where I put $1.00. Care to guess which one got the most responses from serious traders? The one with $1.00 did. Which I'm still running to this day. The one with the actual price only got lowballers 3k cars for mine which in all fairness is worth about 5k, and really worth 5k too...not an inflated price. The one with no price at all got nothing. I hunted down cars I liked and offer them the trade. So it boils down to this, the vast majority or members are asking more than their car is truly worth (nothing wrong with profit) but then you get the guys who put what their cars are really worth and all of a sudden the numbers matter more than the cars. My beat up, scratched all to h3ll and back truck is worth $8,000 because I said so. It's a problem with no resolve.