swing out door kits

Old 01-13-2008, 06:15 AM
slim396
SHOW GUEST

Default swing out door kits

I am looking for any information on where to purchase a swing out door kit . The car has the chromoly x door brace and I want to keep it certified to 8.50 NHRA . I have seen lots for the single tube but none for the x brace any help would be appreciated .

Thanks ,

Mark
Old 02-14-2008, 09:36 AM
bryanm
JUNIOR BUILDER

I used an Alston kit on my car. It uses clevises and pins rather than thos kits were you drill a hole in the actual tubing. It works great and sure makes the care nice to get in and out of.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:04 PM
bignastygs
SENIOR BUILDER

I bought the swingout bar kits for my car(1970 Buick Skylark) and was going to use them on my car. Until...I spoke with a couple people who had them and had an unfortunate incident at the track. Seems the car hit so hard,the folding point was in that bar that had them installed. It buckled the bar and they were actually the weakest point. I am opting to not use them and am letting my buddy have them so he can decide if he feels safe enough to use them on his car. Not worth it to take the chance. My big ass will take a little more wiggling to get over the solidly mounted bar. My car is getting a 12 point cage in it.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:29 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I have one in my car...I wouldn't have put it there if it weren't there when I bought the car. I had to tie the pin to the cage I kept losing it.