The Feds Memo on POT

Old 08-30-2013, 06:00 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default The Feds Memo on POT

OK I know most on here are not die hard liberals..so I'm gonna stir some debate.
The feds put out a public memo that it would not trump states that legalize pot..they did list a few exceptions but it did not involve personal use.

I will be the 1st one in. First my disclaimer: I have asthma and cannot smoke ANYTHING if I wanted to unless I wanted to die...

So here goes.

1st- I am glad to see the steps toward de-criminalization of personal use of pot. Regulate and tax it. ( 19 States have legalized pot 2 states have legalized recreational use under 1 oz )

2nd- I am ESTATIC to see the FEDS respecting State imposed laws and boundaries.

Anyone else ?

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 08-31-2013, 03:57 AM
ajk
DYNO OPERATOR

ear.............I agree with BJ.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:25 PM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Regulate and tax it. Purge the jail system and put real criminals behind bars to serve their entire term.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:39 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

well guys ,most of yu know how I feel on just about everything but this might piss you off.if it does im sorry,well no im not I just don't want to loose any friends over this but here goes.i think pot should be legal and taxed. but not like they tax gas and cig. its a sin tax like on booze and smokes.and thatjust aboput triples what its really worth.gas aint worth what we have to pay. neither is cigarettes. or a jug of whiskey. you should really see a breakdown on what things like that really cost. anyway back to my story..lol.and beliefs. not until the 30s was there any kind of law that went against drugs. the main fight against drug laws was how could they tell the American people what they could and could not put in the own bodies. that little question was thrown around for a long time.but we all know how it turned out. after that they went plum crazy.passing all kind of stupid laws against drugs.sear even sold herion andf the needles to use it with. I know for a fact as I have a old catalog from back in the early 1900s.well I still believe they should not pass any law against any drug. take the evil and the law out of it and I promise that crime will drop.if a guy could go to a drug store( drug store that's funny for this talk) and get what ever he wanted from pot to herion and at a very affordable price do you think he would be bustin into your garage to get your stuff and sell it.no because its rihght there and it aint out of sight price wise. now the question on more people hooked because of the ease to get it.wrong.most who use don't become full blown addicts. I know this for a fact.the smart ones try it .see what could happen to them and they are done with it. just like they do when its illegal.i believe you would see a rise in addicts for a little while buit I do think it would fall back to even lower numbers when its legal. one because they take away the lure and thrill of doing something that's illegal. it suddenly becomes no fun because anyone can get it.not just the dealer.see what I mean.no more cartels and no ore robbery killings.well not as many anyway.therte will always be some fools out there robbing and killing but not for drug money.cheaper drugs =less crime.i can not get enough legal drugs to keep my pain gone.i use a lot of narcotics everyday. I have for 8 yrs. I mean a lot. and I cannot get them without being treated like im a criminal.from pissin in a bottle to random calls to come in to the dr,. office so they can count my pills to make sure im not selling them or takin more than I should.i know a lot of people that have to do that. I will not. I took out my answering machine and I don't answer the phone unless I knowthe #. boy im I pissin off a bunch of people but I dpnt care. I will not go there and let them count my pills.once I get them in my hands they are mine screw them and my government. they are the ones who wont stay out of this drug thing. they have made it where I cant buy cold med. that worth a damn. or heet for my cars. or my wife cant buy more than one bottle of fingernail polish remover because meth makers use it. how stupid is this. its a loosing war and we the people are the ones paying for it. sorry for this being so long but I can go on and on about this.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:24 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
well guys ,most of yu know how I feel on just about everything but this might piss you off.if it does im sorry,well no im not I just don't want to loose any friends over this but here goes.i think pot should be legal and taxed. but not like they tax gas and cig. its a sin tax like on booze and smokes.and thatjust aboput triples what its really worth.gas aint worth what we have to pay. neither is cigarettes. or a jug of whiskey. you should really see a breakdown on what things like that really cost. anyway back to my story..lol.and beliefs. not until the 30s was there any kind of law that went against drugs. the main fight against drug laws was how could they tell the American people what they could and could not put in the own bodies. that little question was thrown around for a long time.but we all know how it turned out. after that they went plum crazy.passing all kind of stupid laws against drugs.sear even sold herion andf the needles to use it with. I know for a fact as I have a old catalog from back in the early 1900s.well I still believe they should not pass any law against any drug. take the evil and the law out of it and I promise that crime will drop.if a guy could go to a drug store( drug store that's funny for this talk) and get what ever he wanted from pot to herion and at a very affordable price do you think he would be bustin into your garage to get your stuff and sell it.no because its rihght there and it aint out of sight price wise. now the question on more people hooked because of the ease to get it.wrong.most who use don't become full blown addicts. I know this for a fact.the smart ones try it .see what could happen to them and they are done with it. just like they do when its illegal.i believe you would see a rise in addicts for a little while buit I do think it would fall back to even lower numbers when its legal. one because they take away the lure and thrill of doing something that's illegal. it suddenly becomes no fun because anyone can get it.not just the dealer.see what I mean.no more cartels and no ore robbery killings.well not as many anyway.therte will always be some fools out there robbing and killing but not for drug money.cheaper drugs =less crime.i can not get enough legal drugs to keep my pain gone.i use a lot of narcotics everyday. I have for 8 yrs. I mean a lot. and I cannot get them without being treated like im a criminal.from pissin in a bottle to random calls to come in to the dr,. office so they can count my pills to make sure im not selling them or takin more than I should.i know a lot of people that have to do that. I will not. I took out my answering machine and I don't answer the phone unless I knowthe #. boy im I pissin off a bunch of people but I dpnt care. I will not go there and let them count my pills.once I get them in my hands they are mine screw them and my government. they are the ones who wont stay out of this drug thing. they have made it where I cant buy cold med. that worth a damn. or heet for my cars. or my wife cant buy more than one bottle of fingernail polish remover because meth makers use it. how stupid is this. its a loosing war and we the people are the ones paying for it. sorry for this being so long but I can go on and on about this.
Good Post Outllaw...If anyone gets pissed for you expressing your opinion they aren't worth the hassle. Every persons opinion should be respected. Also A lot of truth in what you write...when it comes to cutting the legs out from under supply and demand ..Cartels will become thing of past.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 09-01-2013, 10:58 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

That tax part scares me a little, like Outlaw said if they make it to expensive then it defeats the purpose of legalizing pot. The people with chronic diseases, cancer, M.S., etc. will not be able to afford it and if its to expensive then insurance will never pay for any prescriptions for people who really need it. Medical marijuana is all about quality not quantity. If my wifes neurologist decides to prescribe her marijuana to ease the effects of her Multiple Sclerosis (yes, it really does make her feel better) its not like he is going to prescribe a whole ounce of pot cause that would last her 5 years. But if its "over taxed" and a few grams cost $500 that's just insanity, especially if I can probably pick it up from a local for about $300 an ounce for quality pot. I am leary of just how much the government is going to try to keep control, their reputation is not the best...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 09-01-2013, 03:04 PM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

If you take the cartels out of the mix I believe the street gangs will fall apart. Take away the money supply and the gang activity in cities like Chicago will decline greatly. I believe that the cartels are nothing more than terrorist and should be handled as so. Legalizing drugs will help but cartels will still exist. The gangs running some cities also should be consider terrorist as well you should not be afraid to walk down the street in your own town. The government talks big on curving violence yet won't address the problems that cause it. All the government wants to do is blame guns and there owners.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:39 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I don't see what the big deal is about weed. I have NEVER smoked weed....I have never even smoked a cigarette....but I've drank enough beer to float a BATTLESHIP. Far more lives are ruined with alcohol than weed. I would rather be on the road with 10 pot smokers than 1 drunk. JMO

I say it should be legal just like Booz
Old 09-04-2013, 01:52 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Well I have smoked enough pot in my youth for all of us.... been totally sober almost 19 years. I know it's effects well. Here's my understanding of it:

1. Pain relief??? Give me a break... didn't work. In fact, anything that hurt was worse! Throbbing became more intense after a nose surgery & general pain became more focused... miserable. I have never agreed that it is an effective pain reliever. So now everyone who has a headache smokes POT?? Look out America; you have not seen FAT & LAZY Americans yet.... legalize Pot & we will.

2. Years ago while in rehab, I was shown a brain scan of 10-year users of Pot, Alcohol, Coke/Meth, Heroin, etc.... each one had a similarity. Remember all the jokes about killing brain cells??? It is brain tissue leaving the brain.... physical flesh. In other words, craters were appearing on the surfac4e of each brain scan... disappearing tissue... like Swiss cheese. Ya know which one was the worst??? POT. Why??? It is the most reinforced habit & kills the brain cells like a machine. You want your kids smoking it?? "It is legal now; alcohol is worse"... blah blah blah... POT makes people underachievers, lazy, fat & STUPID. Alcohol is bad too... sooooo, lets pour gas on the fire & make pot legal.

3. Gangs/Cartels/Drug Lords etc.... they will continue to smuggle drugs if Pot is legalized. It is Coke, Heroin, & Meth that will never be legal & they will have continued demand. Except Pot will be legal & every burger flippin', bus driving, airplane flyin' pot-veggie will be in control of your kids, & lives a little more than now. Preventative drug tests you say???? Easy to pass a drug test. They make "legal" drug test kits & drinks that work almost immediately.

No need for peer pressure anymore... it is "Legal". "Good parenting" will prevent our youth from trying something they shouldn't??? That is naive.... like "saying no to drugs"... yeah, that campaign worked well. The enemy wants us to have more things to take us all away from sobriety. Tolerance is the new standard... it will be another nail in the coffin for us & our future generation. Legalizing Pot is another lesser of evils.... except the consequences are deeper than we will admit. I say keep it illegal. Maybe we don't crowd the jails w/ Pot smokers... instead the courts should impose a mandatory JOB/work sentence.

Pot is not the same these days... THC content is much higher. We don't have enough history of new weed & higher levels of THC... so we should not act like we are experts in what it will do/not do. One thing is for sure, it will not get weaker boys.... what does more alcohol proof do when added to booze?? It causes faster liver poisoning... which is the "drunk" people feel. High THC is an unknown long-term. It is a drug... not a simple plant or organic savior. The Opium poppy also made Heroin... it was a natural pant too. Whatever... my vote is NOT.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:00 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

VERY well said, Scoot ......... X2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -