Old 01-15-2007, 02:16 PM
jbsjunk
EXPERT BUILDER

DAAAAAAAAMMMNNNN!!!!!!

Me likey. 8)
Old 01-15-2007, 03:00 PM
buffjhsn1
CRAFTSMAN

fricken sweet! that is gonna be a nice ride when it's done! keep up the good work!
Old 01-15-2007, 04:09 PM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by jbsjunk
DAAAAAAAAMMMNNNN!!!!!!

Me likey. 8)
Hammer, I must say your doing great and oh what a great looking car you will be running...oh yea, we are not trying to steal the thread just boys at play, so keep posting for us..This may be a 30 page thread..As spib always says I LIKE!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-15-2007, 04:18 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Way sweet!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2007, 05:21 PM
lookingaround
RACING JUNKIE

yeah what they said
Old 01-15-2007, 06:09 PM
elkymann
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default questions

Ok, first off, how does the rear suspension work vs. the single shock swing style? Does it control shake better??? better 60ft's? And, after looking at your wiring job, if it was mine, I would have tripped over the frame from being tangled in the wires from the glow of all the bling, bling and hit my head, broke both legs and would have had to watch my buddy drive it this year ops:

Bitchin, this is all I can say to your buildup on this digger, the paint on the frame is unparelled, and the body will match with the clearcote I am sure. Man, would a 632cuin do you justice with this awesome piece, no punn on your currently bullet mind you, but this just pants for cubic inch man, and change that single bottle rack to a twin rack, 6's in no time

Very nice job again, and, do you do wiring on slow cars but mine is kind of cool looking, just a lot slower I would like to talk to you some time about your project, really about your wiring, it is just great work also and it makes YOU appreciate it mayyyy more too
Funny, I won at Martin in 2004 with my old colored Elky, (white pearl) but now with the new Corvette Yellow, I may have to hit the 131 facility again in 07 wanna race???? you can have a burger, fries and pop before you leave after me :lol: :lol:

Seriously, very nice work hammertime and what class will you run? and did you hear about the new NHRA diaper rule for 08??? yep, everybody running 9.99 and faster gets to wear depends around their bullet, blows if you ask me :x but then again, I need to go 9's first huh??? :P
Shoot me your # sometime, I would love to yap with ya about your ride. Good luck this year.

Sincerely
Elkymann

ps, my elky finally made the chevelle show off section in the forums, go check it ok when time permits....
Old 01-15-2007, 06:30 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Elky
The dual shock is what you'd normally see on most dragster, I personally am not a fan of a single shock for a few reason, main reason is when your on and off the throttle at the big end it will rock back and forth, where the duals will not do that. As for the 632" I looked at one, but for what I do bracket race 90% of the time, and the other 10 is either top dragster or quick 8, the motor I have with the spray I have will still run very low 7's, possibly into high 6's.

The wiring job is really my first ever one, I figured out a few things I will do different on the next car, but thats something everyone does when doing their first car. It has turned out very well for a first timer. I am glad you like it !
Where do you race at most the time ?
my email is [email protected] email me sometime

David
Old 01-16-2007, 02:43 AM
lookingaround
RACING JUNKIE

good lord aint got this one done and already talking about the next one
Old 01-16-2007, 08:05 AM
sg1586
MASTER BUILDER

Looking good!!!

Why not go with a digital box??? The programable type?? I have one and love it!!
Old 01-16-2007, 10:33 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I am always looking towards the future :lol: Likely at the end of the season this car will be sold and another will be on the way, I've got to many lookers and wanters of it already not to get rid of it. Normally every 2 years a new one is in the trailer, dragsters are easy to lose money on every 2 years is a good safe deal to sell them at.

SG I had a digital for it at one point, They do tune a lot of things, but several people I race with dislike them for a few reasons, you have to have the programmer or a computer to hook into, and they seem so go bad quicker then they should. I've always normally ran 6al stuff and its worked fine, but figured with the nitrous i'd better jump up for a bit better spark.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -