Against drag racing

Old 03-14-2009, 03:57 PM
markadams
JUNIOR BUILDER

Add in their season tickets to football, basketball, hockey or and other sport/hobby THEY all enjoy and spend THEIR money on. I was out of racing for 25 years and started back about 3 years ago. Now I'm building a new tube car. Its all about what YOU like. Don't deny yourself enjoyment. If they don't support your hobby, there are a ton of people here (RJ) and at the tracks you will have common interests with. You will have a blast no matter what you race. Our test and tune nights cost only $15 to race. I don't know of anything that is that cheap for all that fun.
markadams
Old 03-14-2009, 06:09 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by markadams
Add in their season tickets to football, basketball, hockey or and other sport/hobby THEY all enjoy and spend THEIR money on. I was out of racing for 25 years and started back about 3 years ago. Now I'm building a new tube car. Its all about what YOU like. Don't deny yourself enjoyment. If they don't support your hobby, there are a ton of people here (RJ) and at the tracks you will have common interests with. You will have a blast no matter what you race. Our test and tune nights cost only $15 to race. I don't know of anything that is that cheap for all that fun.
markadams
where u run Mark.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 03-14-2009, 07:16 PM
kw89425
MASTER BUILDER

there was a track here that test and tune was 20. it cost 35 to run pro if nothing breaks i can race for just a little more than it cost to go to the drive in movie, and the best part is the wife would rather go race. :lol:
Old 03-14-2009, 07:28 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

there is a little track in Jackson , ms. that test & tune on tuesday nights for $10.00 and everytime I have been it is pretty packed,,,they used to call it bike nite , but now you will see dragsters to stock cars all having a blast for ten bucks
Old 03-14-2009, 09:40 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by kw89425
there was a track here that test and tune was 20. it cost 35 to run pro if nothing breaks i can race for just a little more than it cost to go to the drive in movie, and the best part is the wife would rather go race. :lol:
I knew a guy who's wife kept busting his chops that all they ever did was go racing...and that she wanted to go camping more and racing less....SOO, he did what any loving husband would do. He bought her a motor home and took her camping....

at the drag strip. :lol:

turns out motor homes can pull a race car trailer pretty good.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:02 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

your a grown man. tell them to bite your but and go racing. spend what you want (family first ) do what you want. tell the wife and kids you go do your thing ill go do my thing and when we get home we will do our thing.at least that works for me.ive been married to the same little lady for 31 yrs. and she has never told me not to do something. ive spent a small fortune on bikes and cars(after the bills are paid) and she has never said i couldnt or shouldnt. gotta go hug her right now and tell her how lucky i am to have her in my life!!!!!
Old 03-15-2009, 04:09 AM
markadams
JUNIOR BUILDER

Bruce, both Mooresville and Jefferson-Pageland. Rarely though. I am planning to run Z-max this season with the new car. Don't think I'll be ready for the start of the pro tree eliminator series in late April, but I'm trying. You may have seen me, I had the red with white flames S-10 Blazer. This year a '63 vette. (same slow engine) Should be fun!
Old 03-15-2009, 04:12 AM
markadams
JUNIOR BUILDER

Sorry Bjuice, called you Bruce. Hope I didn't offend or insult. Tired eyes. Need coffee.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:51 AM
TopspeedLowet
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by markadams
Sorry Bjuice, called you Bruce. Hope I didn't offend or insult. Tired eyes. Need coffee.
Should I take offence to that slip, apology Mark?
Bruce :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 03-15-2009, 06:15 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

lol..i hear ya Bruce and Mark.

Mark do you know a guy from Fort Mill who runs the T-bird with the BBC ..His 1st name is Phil...(real nice guy)..country like the rest of us Southern boys
anyhow my cousin has a grude race with him next week. was gonna be today but the rain cancelled the 10.5 race at Shadyside.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -