Dept of Energy

Old 10-15-2009, 01:52 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default Dept of Energy

Does anybody remember the reason given for the establishment of
the DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY.... during the Carter Administration?

Anybody?

Anything?

No?

Didn't think so!

Bottom line. We've spent several hundred billion dollars in support of
an agency...the reason for which not one person who reads this can remember!

Ready??

It was very simple...and at the time, everybody thought it very appropriate.

The Department of Energy was instituted on 8-04-1977.
TO LESSEN OUR DEPENDENCE ON FOREIGN OIL.

Hey, pretty efficient, huh???

AND NOW IT'S 2009 -- 32 YEARS LATER -- AND THE BUDGET FOR THIS "NECESSARY" DEPARTMENT IS AT $24.2 BILLION A YEAR. THEY HAVE 16,000 FEDERAL EMPLOYEES AND APPROXIMATELY 100,000 CONTRACT EMPLOYEES; AND LOOK AT THE JOB THEY HAVE DONE! THIS IS WHERE YOU SLAP YOUR FOREHEAD AND SAY, "WHAT WAS I THINKING?"

Ah, yes -- good ole bureaucracy.

AND, NOW, WE ARE GOING TO TURN THE BANKING SYSTEM, HEALTH CARE, AND THE AUTO INDUSTRY OVER TO THE SAME GOVERNMENT?

HELLOOO! Anybody Home?
Old 10-15-2009, 03:41 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

lessen our dependence on foriegn oil, what a joke, they have made it worse, all they do is determine where we cant drill or mine. hey the gov will do such a fine job screwing up our healthcare . mmm....mmm....mmm....I cant wait. :roll: :evil: :evil:
Old 10-15-2009, 04:14 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

DOE. Well I can't complain about that. Not millions, but billions are wasted every year, but It's a HUGE part of my local economy. Savannah River Site (http://www.srs.gov/general/srs-home.html) is only a few miles from my house. It's been good for the economy since 1950's when it was built. When the cold war ended the site went from making plutionium and tritium to breaking it down and storing it.
With that being said a few months ago it got a stimulus package of $1.8 billion. They have no idea how and what to spend all the money on in the short time they have to spend it. But their are LOTS of jobs if anyone is looking.