Ground Mole Help !!

Old 07-01-2009, 02:32 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Other than tunnels in your yard, they don't bother anything. They actually areate your yard for ya! They eat worms, grubs and other insects, but you are right just trying to kill the bait want get rid of them. Part of the reason is you never really kill all their food supply. This is a trap and video I found for you.
http://traplineproducts.com/Moles.html
Old 07-02-2009, 08:37 PM
rob41willys
SENIOR BUILDER

The only real way to get rid of the moles is to use the spring trap. Trust me I have tried all of the above mentioned remedies and they don't work. ( at least not for me ) but there is an art to setting the trap. Next time make the hole just big enough to fit the trap and take the thin part of a mason jar lid and bend it into a v shape and when you put the loose dirt back in the hole, put the lid on top of the dirt so the trap trigger is resting on the lid.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:47 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

We have used the traps that5 are spring loaded that stab a fork into them and we have also used the ones that are a loop that you push into the run....They are a pain to get set but they work much better than t5he spring loaded pitch fork type...at least for us.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:54 PM
rob41willys
SENIOR BUILDER

You have to use the sissor type traps not the spring loaded spike type
Old 07-02-2009, 10:00 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Seen the vid on them neat cylindercal traps, they seem to work for dude, He had a bunch of dead ones on the vids, but damit man, they are more complitarded to use / set up than a little bit.

I've used juicy fruit gum before, leave the wrapper on.
Cp
Old 07-02-2009, 10:21 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

This is the type we have done the best with...but they are difficult to get pushed into the ground.

http://gjhqaw.blu.livefilestore.com/...a3FVnrF0WI85Zg
Old 07-04-2009, 07:30 AM
billhendren
MASTER BUILDER

Get an acetylene and oxygen torch,light it and get the mixture just as you would to cut or weld,put the flame out by sticking the tip in the dirt,bury the tip in the mole hole & let the gas & oxygen run for 5 minutes.pull the torch out and shut it off.with a match on a long stick touch off the gas. end of problem. we did this at a house on the cliffs overlooking the pacific ocean and fired gophers and moles several hundred yards out in the ocean. Bill
Old 07-04-2009, 07:56 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by billhendren
Get an acetylene and oxygen torch,light it and get the mixture just as you would to cut or weld,put the flame out by sticking the tip in the dirt,bury the tip in the mole hole & let the gas & oxygen run for 5 minutes.pull the torch out and shut it off.with a match on a long stick touch off the gas. end of problem. we did this at a house on the cliffs overlooking the pacific ocean and fired gophers and moles several hundred yards out in the ocean. Bill
I like this idea best. JUST PLEASE VIDEO SO WE CAN SEE HOW IT WORKS!! ( and laugh too) LOL!!