Ground Mole Help !!

Old 07-01-2009, 05:28 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Ground Mole Help !!

Hey guys, I am having a heck of a time with atleast 2-3 ground moles tearing up my yard and need some idea to get rid of them.

Heard they eat grubs in the yard, so got the grub killer and spread it all over yard.

Tried the yard spread to get rid of them out of the area.
Have tried the peanuts they sell that will kill them, and now have a trap that triggers when the dirt moves but they somehow set it off and dont get hit.

Any other ideas, my nice yard has now turned to crap because of these damn things ! Thank you !!
Old 07-01-2009, 05:44 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

a rich person woke up one morning and found molehills all over his lawn. He had spent a lot of time and money to make his lawn look beautiful and was obviously furious at the mole. In fact, he couldn't sleep or eat because he was so troubled. His attempts to capture the mole were unsuccessful and only added to his frustration. Eventually he placed an ad in the local paper looking for a mole catcher. It was the neighbourhood mole trapper who answered the ad and he asked the rich man, "How much will you pay me if I catch the mole?" Without hesitation the rich man replied, "I'll give you 500 dollars, but I also want you to give him the worst death you can think of because of all the sleepless nights and stressful days that mole has caused me."

The next day the mole catcher showed up and said, "I've caught your mole and I've come to collect." The rich man was jubilant, but he had to inquire, "And what death did you give him?" "I gave him the most horrible death I could possibly think of", the catcher replied, "I buried him alive!"
Old 07-01-2009, 05:53 AM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

those pesky varmits, have you tried mole pie? ha ah ha
i have not tried any gagdets but here is a link for some help
http://search.harborfreight.com/cpis...rd=mole+chaser

good luck bud, remember, make sure they are cooked before
eating, heh heh :wink:
Old 07-01-2009, 05:53 AM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

Here is a link with many of the suggestions you are going to get already listed...

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=75743
Old 07-01-2009, 06:01 AM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

Hey David,
My stepfather made up a hose to fit over the exhaust of his riding mower , he would find a fresh tunnel in his yard and stick the pipe in it and go inside and drink a glass of tea while the engine was pumping exhaust into the tunnel...WORKS,,,..probally not inviromental safe but the moles don't stand a chance.....Paul
Old 07-01-2009, 06:13 AM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

It will take you all summer to get rid of the grubs, but you are correct they are in your yard for the grubs.

Placing small hair clippings in a fresh mole hole will cause them to scratch themselves to death. You can go to a local beauty shop and ask for hair clippings, I am sure they won't cost you nothing.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:25 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by ashbros
It will take you all summer to get rid of the grubs, but you are correct they are in your yard for the grubs.

Placing small hair clippings in a fresh mole hole will cause them to scratch themselves to death. You can go to a local beauty shop and ask for hair clippings, I am sure they won't cost you nothing.
interesting
Old 07-01-2009, 06:33 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Take moth balls and semi-crush them with a hammer. (Is semi-crush a word?).

Push small pieces into the tunnel every three feet or so.

They will leave.

Dave
Old 07-01-2009, 06:34 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Dave, we got a cat, not for catching moles, but as a pet. When he was young tho he would leave us a portion of every mole he caught as a love offering, he'd catch two or three moles every day. finally the word got out in the mole population, they packed up their mining operations, and moved on to safer digs, so to speak. Would you like a cat?
Old 07-01-2009, 06:40 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Dave, as a side note, we had another cat that showed no interest in catching moles. So if you want me to send you a cat, you have to promise not to out me in the scammer section, if this cat won't hunt :!: :lol:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -