No really,, this could only happen to me.........

Old 04-06-2009, 06:08 PM
Oldewalnut
SENIOR BUILDER

Default stupid things in garages

Yeah, I can relate to this. Back in the 70's, when I had REALLY long hair. I was working on an old car out in Dad's garage. A combination of grease, transmission fluid and dirt in matted long hair, then add it gets rolled up in a creeper wheel.

I was in the same boat, couldn't move forward, couldn't move backward, without basically pulling my hair and wrenching my head. Eventually, my older brother wandered over to see what I was up to, he had to lift the creeper and push me out from under the car. He didn't let me live that one down for a long time. Still didn't cut hair for a good while.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:49 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

LOLOLOLOL GAWD is that funny !! One of those 'DUMBA shcitt' moves. I've had my share of 'em also but have forgotten most. Senior moments are happening quite often now !! No matter how anal I am about something, I'll get bit every once in a while just to make sure I'm still alive ops: :roll:

I'm glad you didn't have to do a number two :shock: :shock: :shock:
Old 04-07-2009, 03:27 AM
CamBirdRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Re: stupid things in garages

Originally Posted by Oldewalnut
Yeah, I can relate to this. Back in the 70's, when I had REALLY long hair. I was working on an old car out in Dad's garage. A combination of grease, transmission fluid and dirt in matted long hair, then add it gets rolled up in a creeper wheel.

I was in the same boat, couldn't move forward, couldn't move backward, without basically pulling my hair and wrenching my my head. Eventually, my older brother wandered over to see what I was up to, he had to lift the creeper and push me out from under the car. He didn't let me live that one down for a long time. Still didn't cut hair for a good while.

Happened to my wife. Now she takes an old hat and tucks her hair into. I was laughing so hard I couldn't help her. Told her I wouldn't say a word to anybody, so I'm typing them.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:28 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Rudy- Thats hilarious, id still be standing there I lthink. (btw I'll pm that info we discussed, tonite-have an answer for you).

Couple years ago was working on an old Corvette and had had to reweld a trailing arm perch. Had it in a bench vise and was grinding the welds wearing an old T-shirt covered in grease, oil and probably even some gas. I was throwing sparks all over the place, and back at my shirt when I heard a little poof and looked down and saw that the front of my shirt was gone- the sparks had ignited it and it just vaporized!

My wife walked out into the garage at exactly that moment, took one look at my shirt said nothing and walked back inside.

Sounds like we need a garage mishap thread.....
Old 04-08-2009, 08:31 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Scorpion1110
Rudy- Thats hilarious, id still be standing there I lthink. (btw I'll pm that info we discussed, tonite-have an answer for you).

Couple years ago was working on an old Corvette and had had to reweld a trailing arm perch. Had it in a bench vise and was grinding the welds wearing an old T-shirt covered in grease, oil and probably even some gas. I was throwing sparks all over the place, and back at my shirt when I heard a little poof and looked down and saw that the front of my shirt was gone- the sparks had ignited it and it just vaporized!

My wife walked out into the garage at exactly that moment, took one look at my shirt said nothing and walked back inside.

Sounds like we need a garage mishap thread.....
That is the funniest part of the story, I would think she had seen a lot of stuff happen to just ignore it and go about her business. :lol: :lol:

Curtis
Old 04-08-2009, 09:21 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

That is too funnuy Rudy... a long 2 hours!! I will not laugh too hard though... sounds like something that would happen to me!! LOL!!
Old 04-08-2009, 09:55 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

When that stuff happens to me...whoever rescues me,it somehow becomes their fault for not being there sooner. ops:
Old 04-10-2009, 03:00 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

You guys crack me up too!! fla1976, I included a pic of the finger eating machine. beast, after some laughing and asking how much money I had on me, I was freed by a buddy of mine that happened to come by!!
I will ad another pic of the powerplant later, gotta go lightning is getting bad!!
Later!
Old 04-10-2009, 03:24 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

[img][/img]

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 04-10-2009, 04:10 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
[img][/img]
LMAO Brian!! Here is the motor going in it. I was going to put my bbc in it, going to put that in Jays truck instead. This car was stripped last year, after being lied to and stolen from by the "body man", I brought it home to finish in my garage with my two boys. bjuice, thanks again for making me have second thoughts on the altered!! :wink: I think this car will be sweeeeeeeet once we are done.

Block:
1972 LT1 4-bolt. Cast # 3970010

11.5 Speed Pro pistons. Runs awesome on pump gas!

Crankshaft:
Z28 Cast # 3941178 Z28 302 Forged, large journal (2.45 main).

Heads:
3991492 ’69-’72 350 2.02 1.6 , angled plugs, ss valves, ported/polished. Crane rollers, Jomar girdle.

Camshaft:
Isky roller. .540 lift and 290 duration. Isky 9000 rev kit, West springs.

MSD 6ALN

750 double pumper.

400 reverse valve body with a BTE 3800 stall to launch it.

Undecided on the rear end.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -