Old 03-28-2008, 01:28 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Good job Bjuice
Old 03-28-2008, 06:35 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
For the record..a moderater ( me) has been reading this entire thread (each page).....as a matter of fact i tried to give the guy some good advise MYSELF in the begining only to get turned away and told he was a mechanic...
SO BE IT......

This thread started out as helpful advise but was not taken...the bad part here is that the man kept coming back with outlLandish problems asking for advise only to tell people implied or not he knew what he was doing beacuse he was a mechanic ( so whats the point :?: )

As a mod i have seen nothing SOOO bad that the thread needs to be locked or deleted..and i can do both...

If you come upon a thread that you disagree with...just don't participate at 1st..then if you find it that offensive then report it to me or another mod..just don't expect drastic measures if something is in good faith,gray,borderline...We are a place to help but to also have fun..keep this in mind please.

i can assure you EVERYONE will be treated fairly in every post...orginator or responder...

Just be advised of one main thing..." Dont ask if you are afraid to be told the truth"........there is room here for all.

Now lets all be gentleman and let this lay where it needs to be.

bjuice
I agree...good post. I get that at work sometimes.. ( I set up cnc tube benders and am in charge of my department so it is my job to help)someone having trouble asks me for help and then wants to debate every suggestion I make...makes me so mad I could spit. I just walk away and let them fight with it.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:34 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

:lol: :lol: :lol: Don't you just love that,Tod74."Hey,what do you think about this?......nope your wrong" :twisted: :twisted: Why do people like that waste your time.I'm glad I ain't the only one that has to deal with that :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 03-29-2008, 07:25 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Tell me about it.....and then two hours later I get to fix it...AFTER they "fixed " it..lol

reminds me of a sign my uncle used to have in his garage.

LABOR $20 per hr if I do the work
$40 per hr if you help
$60 per hr if you tried to do it yourself before you came here.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:01 AM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Good sign!!I like that!!!
Old 03-30-2008, 06:16 AM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

good post bjuice, hit the nail on the head.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:19 PM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

I got that same sign in my garage, hourly rates are higher....INFLATION.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:15 PM
jmtire
JOURNEYMAN

Default signs

S-bomb I thought you we're rrrretired from mechnicing, so your rates should be going down!!!! :lol:
Old 03-31-2008, 06:23 PM
poncholvr
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by bbc28racing
i pulled out cam and lifters and 9 of the new lifters were froze like the old ones.all the new lifters worked good at first.it was in time the cam lobes were all good but about five were alittle bigger or smaller.i'm talking like a couple sheets of paper may supposed to be??i don't know!!
i had near new lifters in mine - new cam, rockers push rods,and rockers valves-ect...
ran great for like 20 miles or so then stomped on it hard- 7 lifters became as solids! :evil: -- froze solid- bent 7 push rods 7 valves, and 7rocker nuts
put in new comp lifters never had a prob after that!
so i understand some of what happned to u
Old 03-31-2008, 06:57 PM
bbc28racing
JOURNEYMAN

that's exactly what happened,it was like solid lifters.when mine froze it wore the cam and bent a valve.and the rockers were wore from no oil (i ran 30 laps)and kept moving side to side and the nuts would back off.a lunati cam and lifters,locking rollor rockers,and a valve done the trick.the dead plugs(oringinal prob.) dist. was bad.thanks for advice