Shorty dragster feedback...

Old 10-19-2009, 07:34 AM
I972Nova
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Shorty dragster feedback...

Ok I have a guy that want to trade a shorty dragster for my Nova. It is like new but only a 175" wheelbase hardtail. It looks nice, but I am not sure how it would handle. This one has huge front tires on it, I would swap them out for some regular dragster wheels on the front.

Does anyone have any experience with one of these? The main appeal is that with me in it ready to go down the track would be less than 1500 pounds so it would run pretty good with my 700 horse small block on it...
What do you guys think???

Old 10-19-2009, 08:34 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

A local guy used to have one with the big tires on the front, but he had a rear suspension, and eventually put a front on it also. I wouldnt think that short car as a hardtail would be ideal in the bracket world.

I like the idea of the wheels being right in front of ya though.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:14 AM
I972Nova
EXPERT BUILDER

It has some sort of front suspension, but its not like Dan's setup. I was thinking if I traded that I could have Dan Swing Arm it. I just dont know if I want to get that deep into a shorty due to resell. At 1500 pounds my little motor would prob run 7.9's in real good air, and 8'0s to 8.1's in the heat.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:26 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DragsterJosh
It has some sort of front suspension, but its not like Dan's setup. I was thinking if I traded that I could have Dan Swing Arm it. I just dont know if I want to get that deep into a shorty due to resell. At 1500 pounds my little motor would prob run 7.9's in real good air, and 8'0s to 8.1's in the heat.
It prob has just normal shocks on it like you would normally run on the rear ? Your right on resale though it wont be very good.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:35 AM
I972Nova
EXPERT BUILDER

Here is a pic of the front suspension...