Coolest Truck On The Planet - What A Joke

Old 08-18-2008, 03:26 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
Originally Posted by Tod74
Ok, before when I tried to see the ad it wouldn't come up...now it does.

Iagree with Zip...You must be hard to please...especially when you DID NOT go look at it yourself. A truck like that took a lot of work to build so 28 grand does not seem unreasonable.

I don't get what you guys are saying about the subframe being off center?? what pic shows that? Are you refering the the wheel being centered in the opening? just curious.

edit: If you mean the rear end then yeah I see that...thought subframe was refering to front clip.

Hey Todd,

The ad said it had a Camero front subframe, if the passenger right front wheel is 3 to 4" more inside the right front fender(the buyer stated this in his post) then the sub frame must be installed off center. The Camero subframes are used a lot on the early front conversions on old trucks. We have one under way now a 1948 Ford pickup.
The problem is a lot of people cut both the front end off and the rearend off at the same time taking away the tooling points on the frame and they have no good measuring points on the frame.
I think that's what happened here, but that's JMO.

Zip.
Ok I thought you were basing that statement offf the pics. ( subframe being off center)

I understand.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:01 AM
NorthMotorSports
MASTER BUILDER

If I had the money I would buy it in a heart beat the truck may not be perfect but its still a bitchin' ride man. Id be glad to take that "POS" off your hands
Old 09-09-2008, 11:14 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I just had to bring this post back up because he says it was nothing but a garage paint job. well my friend we have a 1951 ford almost finished, just liking the bed and some trim assembly. It has a chrysler torsion front end. But OMG it has a garage paint job, that i challenge you to find flaws. But like i say the bed is yet to be finished. I personally would compare it to any vehicle that Chip Foose ever did. no it's not for sale, it's a customer vehicle, but if i were to put a price tag on it, i think it's worth over $35,000.00 It's dusty because we are also working on the 2nd most popular ford pickup ever a 1956, in the background.

JMO

Zip.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:17 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
I just had to bring this post back up because he says it was nothing but a garage paint job. well my friend we have a 1951 ford almost finished, just liking the bed and some trim assembly. It has a chrysler torsion front end. But OMG it has a garage paint job, that i challenge you to find flaws. But like i say the bed is yet to be finished. I personally would compare it to any vehicle that Chip Foose ever did. no it's not for sale, it's a customer vehicle, but if i were to put a price tag on it, i think it's worth over $35,000.00 It's dusty because we are also working on the 2nd most popular ford pickup ever a 1956, in the background.

JMO

Zip.

]
I have put on some pretty slick paint in a garage.. :lol:

My father and I started a 53 Ford f100 a couple years ago but it has been put on the back burner for awhile. We chopped the top 5 inches and channeled it 6 inches...Put a camaro clip on the frame and used a 12 bolt rear end from a 67 el camino and fabricated the mounting points for the camino control arms and coil springs.

good looking truck ZIPPER.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:39 AM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

Sand all the paint off and let it rust!
Old 09-10-2008, 03:06 PM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

I woundnt give $3000 for something site un seen, no way unless I was rich and didnt care
Old 09-10-2008, 03:27 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

:roll: :roll: I have looked several times and i still don't see the problem, I think it was worth it :!: :!: