496 engine combos - good websites to review?

Old 08-07-2007, 07:42 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Here is a link to the vender I was refering to.

Goodluck, Charles

http://racingjunk.com/post/942121/NE...-FOR-BBC-.html
Old 08-07-2007, 07:47 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by vincef
Originally Posted by woodsman
vincef you have come to the right place for info. Man i would just like to say you have one nice hotrod I like it a lot. Sorry to hear about you 540 deal maybe if you stick with these guy's they will do you right. You will get different opinions but will be wise ones none the less.
Woodsman - thanks for the compliments. After the engine and some tweaking I plan to replace the quarters. Not sure why the previous owner rolled them so much - guess for clearance..... decent job but starting to bother me b/c it's not original. THe quarters on early Chevy II's are unique - distinct part of the car to me....
I was never going to say anything like that but I had my wife go look at this one an we both said the same thing. I know it takes time to do all things. And I love it 98% but when you get that done it will be 110%. And you are so right that early Chevy II's are unique that's why I love it. Hey can you put it in Show off so everbody can check it out.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:55 AM
vincef
JUNIOR BUILDER

Thanks again - I will post it up there and get everyone's opinion - good suggestion.

As far as the motor goes I am dead set on going the budget route - unless I find a great deal on a forged crank/ pistons. I have been looking around on here and eBay + a few other sites for race parts.

Problem is my wife will kill me if I spend much more - lol. Already have lost thousands - but learned a good life lesson. I will not get shafted again by a un honest seller or builder in this case.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

If you see my at Gateway Intl Raceway running 15 or 16's during test & tune in a orange, full tubbed Nova - then have a good laugh because I am still running the stock motor. You welcome to give me some sh&*.
However next summer I hope to be dishing it out......
Old 08-09-2007, 10:54 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Dam I feel for you man and anybody else losing hard earned money to some pathetic puke who prays on innocent people that $hit really makes my blood boil, I cant imagine how these low lifes sleep at night, only thing is that helps me deal with it is knowing that someday they'll have HELL to pay.
Also I can relate to the wifey thing too. my family comes first, but I want to race and build cars too. I drive an older ( paid for ) truck so I can put most of my money in my cars instead of a new truck or car w/notes which I will only LOSE money on the minute I drive it off the lot but then she still gripes when I buy something for a car(s) that will only APPRECIATE.
I've tried to explain this to her but she'll doesnt get it....lol
I swear it wasnt for my kids and that thing between her legs that I like so much I'd be gone and buy a chunk land in the country, build a 40 x 60 shop w/ apartment on top and spend all my money on my cars. Later, Charles