Zimmerman- Self Defense or Murder ?

Old 07-05-2013, 08:25 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
I was actually granted Alternative Misdemeanor Sentencing which means once I completed all my probation and time served etc I could petition court to change it from a D felony to an A misdemeanor. The judge told me when she sentenced me that if I did what I was supposed to do, that she would grant the request. I was never told there was a time limit....I waited a few years due to no money for lawyer only to find out it was too late.
Tod: Here in Oregon, I got felony in 1988 & was charged w Assault 2 (bad day drinking w/ a wild friend) we got into a fight. Went jail, probation, fines, etc.... 9 yrs later it was reduced to a misdemeanor. Current laws here say that I can own/posses a gun if: I did not use one when I committed the felony, I could only have one felony offense, & 15 years had to pass after completion of probation. I fit those guidelines... but it also says to purchase a brand new gun, I must have it expunged first. Basically, I can posses & own but not purchase new until have my lawyer do formally.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Thats interesting you mention that about State Law....this topic came up at work with a friend of mine....I have been told that some state laws allow it after certain amount of time etc, but FEDERAL LAW prohibits any convicted felon from owning or possessing firearms or amunition... So you could still be charged under federal law....idk I actually do not WANT a gun. However I hate the idea that I could possibly be sent to prison if a buddy has one in my truck or whatever.I have thought about hiring a lawyer to sit down with me and go over my options, if there are any.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:55 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
Thats interesting you mention that about State Law....this topic came up at work with a friend of mine....I have been told that some state laws allow it after certain amount of time etc, but FEDERAL LAW prohibits any convicted felon from owning or possessing firearms or amunition... So you could still be charged under federal law....idk I actually do not WANT a gun. However I hate the idea that I could possibly be sent to prison if a buddy has one in my truck or whatever.I have thought about hiring a lawyer to sit down with me and go over my options, if there are any.
It would be in your best interest to consult with a lawyer..Scoot cover yourself too. The FEDS are stupid serious when making gun charges.. ( 10 yrs a pop ) .

This just happened locally..listen to this. local man comes home after midnight and sees two mask men breaking in his home. He grabs his girlfriends handgun approaches the two mask men and ends up shooting and killing them after a confrontation.
The local sheriff clears the man of any wrong doing because of SC castle law stand your ground...

The feds came in a month later and charged him Felon in posession of firearm..he pled to 6 yrs last month meaning he will serve 48 months.

He had a check charge back from 10 years ago that somehow became a Felony.

Now let me ask you does this sound like they took a criminal off the streets to protect the community or was the FEDS padding their convictions ?

I am a Lifelong registered republican,a Former law enforcement officer (Selective Enforcement ) city and State level..I am a lifelong NRA member...with this said I know the system is BROKE with this Felon thing...many think the type of crime determines if its a Felony or not while this may be somewhat true how its really determined is if the crime is punishable by more than 1 year in prison even if probation is handed down.
Because of my past experience I am very passionate when I say the Felony needs to be broken down as Violent and/or victimless..

There are MANY great people out here that are pillers of our community that may have one of those Felonies I speak of...much like Scoot and Tod...there is another sub culture of these people out here. We do not hear much about it because these people want it to remain in their past for fear of repercussion of society (jobs) etc....

Tod and Scoot I stand and Salute you BOTH for speaking about this. America has it wrong here and we need to fix it.

Sorry so long of post but somethings I feel strongly about. It bothers me when red tape infringes on Americans 2nd Amendment right.

Don't get me started on incarceration..America locks up more of its people than any country in the world ! WHY ??? MONEY !!!! Let me say one word and you do the google thing UNICOR.

OK I will shut up now....

:evil:

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 07-06-2013, 07:31 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

This crazy day and time where the home invasions are all too common. I would hate to think my only option to protect my family came down to hand to hand..

What I would recommend to anyone that cannot own a firearm legally is the 209 magnum front break muzzle loader. This thing shoots a 50 cal. Round 2100 ft per second with enough energy to drop a mature bull moose in its tracks 100 yards away.

This loader uses Dry pellets as the ignitor. altough not recommended in operation instructions you CAN load the pellets and if the weapon is needed just insert the primer and your hot. The primer is nothing more than a shotgun primer.
Even thou we are speaking about self defense with this weapon I WOULD NOT keep the gun around house with pellets and primer. It takes 3 seconds to load primer

You don't have but one shot but thats all you will need.

These are not considered firearms or ammo and legal for anyone to buy or own

Old 07-06-2013, 07:44 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

There are also some high powered multi shot pellet guns out there, and the old standby 'Canine Early Warning System' !
Old 07-07-2013, 03:04 PM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

well I have a different take on this. law or no law about felons. if I feel the need for a gun in my house ill have one.the founding fathers said its my right,so be it.a kid gets popped for drugs and 40 yrs later he cant protect his family.thin k not boys. a dui felony can stop you. that's stupid...I can see violent felons not being able to own oner but not simple drug possessions and dui .lot of laws out there now days.easy to become a felon and not really try....
Old 07-07-2013, 03:26 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
well I have a different take on this. law or no law about felons. if I feel the need for a gun in my house ill have one.the founding fathers said its my right,so be it.a kid gets popped for drugs and 40 yrs later he cant protect his family.thin k not boys. a dui felony can stop you. that's stupid...I can see violent felons not being able to own oner but not simple drug possessions and dui .lot of laws out there now days.easy to become a felon and not really try....
Outlaw I AGREE 110%.

Not to jump subject but have you saw the reality show on the 1% MTC Club Warlocks ?.
Wow !. Question Ken. I do not know much about the MTC club life trom within but I could not imagine any 81 club members making a open reality show like that or Outlaws for that matter.... Also I saw on news where Warlocks from another state shot up Warlocks from Florida ? Are they not the same club ?

Old 07-08-2013, 04:25 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
Not to jump subject but have you saw the reality show on the 1% MTC Club Warlocks ?.
Wow !. Question Ken. I do not know much about the MTC club life trom within but I could not imagine any 81 club members making a open reality show like that or Outlaws for that matter.... Also I saw on news where Warlocks from another state shot up Warlocks from Florida ? Are they not the same club ?
I watched that as well. The guy gets out of the big house and immediately violates probation in several ways.
Then moving the remains of a members wife to a closer cemetery, they all arm up locked and loaded???
Old 07-08-2013, 09:21 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

now if I tell you all how things are suppose to be ,then what does that make me.i will tell yall this.i don't watch those shows. most of it is bs.if this guy goes on tv and starts talkin,one of 2 things are happening.one,every word he says is scripted.and approved by the warlocks.the national prez usually approves of every word he is gonna say.or his chapter prez must do it.2, hes runnin his mouth without approval and he will become a missing person.almost every club ive been involved with in oneway or another is a closed society.we,they do not tell anyone their business.even brothers all wearing the same patch don't know what the hells going on in their club unless the prez wants it known.now for this tv thing,i cant tell ya whats up because like I said before I don't watch them.but I can tell you its not much different that honey boob boo.because a lot of it is made for tv,maybe not all but a lot.we may live on the edge of society but we are not stupid.why would any brother let the cat out of the bag. its for tv dude...I will say that a lot of the young guns comin up now don't know or believe like we did.we make no deals with the law.no matter what kinda time we may be lookin at.we stood our ground so to speak. we did the crime now we will do the time.not todays people.some,not all talk to get a lighter sentence and I hate that kind a guy.if they are saying things on the show that makes you think about them letting the cat out you can bet your bottom dollar they have been thru every word that was said before it was said.now for the shootout.i haven't heard anything but if it is warlock against warlock its internal fight.and if it goes on very long it will get bloody.warlocks are a group of brothers who believe shoot first.then find out the answers.not good when you need to be under the radar..now as far as going armed.well yes .a lot of guys who wear a patch carry a gun. they have to.they must protect not only themselves but the brothers as well.and the warlocks are or were at war with a couple of well known clubs.so it is not to smart to not be carrying a gun. screw permits.alot of them boys are vets. those are the ones who think they paid for their permit.and I agree with them on that!!!!!! just wearing a warlock patch can get you killed in some places.clubs have territories they protect.and they will protect them with bullets and knives.anyone who wears a patch knows where he can fly his own colors and where not to fly them.these guys are insanely loyal to each other and anyone else they like.when they say I got your back they mean it. its not just words to us its part of our manhood.we are loyal to a fault. most are very conservative in their politics.they are more patriotic than most americans.very protective of anyone or anything they love.id rather have 2 brothers watchin my back than a whole army of street punks.these guys don't believe in getting a citizeninvolved in their problems so they don't go around killin innocent people.if a brothwer comes at you you can bet your ass you did something you were not suppose to do....now ive gone and said just about more than I should but I really haven't said anything.see how it works. talk all day and never say a word....lol
Old 07-08-2013, 01:08 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
now if I tell you all how things are suppose to be ,then what does that make me.i will tell yall this.i don't watch those shows. most of it is bs.if this guy goes on tv and starts talkin,one of 2 things are happening.one,every word he says is scripted.and approved by the warlocks.the national prez usually approves of every word he is gonna say.or his chapter prez must do it.2, hes runnin his mouth without approval and he will become a missing person.almost every club ive been involved with in oneway or another is a closed society.we,they do not tell anyone their business.even brothers all wearing the same patch don't know what the hells going on in their club unless the prez wants it known.now for this tv thing,i cant tell ya whats up because like I said before I don't watch them.but I can tell you its not much different that honey boob boo.because a lot of it is made for tv,maybe not all but a lot.we may live on the edge of society but we are not stupid.why would any brother let the cat out of the bag. its for tv dude...I will say that a lot of the young guns comin up now don't know or believe like we did.we make no deals with the law.no matter what kinda time we may be lookin at.we stood our ground so to speak. we did the crime now we will do the time.not todays people.some,not all talk to get a lighter sentence and I hate that kind a guy.if they are saying things on the show that makes you think about them letting the cat out you can bet your bottom dollar they have been thru every word that was said before it was said.now for the shootout.i haven't heard anything but if it is warlock against warlock its internal fight.and if it goes on very long it will get bloody.warlocks are a group of brothers who believe shoot first.then find out the answers.not good when you need to be under the radar..now as far as going armed.well yes .a lot of guys who wear a patch carry a gun. they have to.they must protect not only themselves but the brothers as well.and the warlocks are or were at war with a couple of well known clubs.so it is not to smart to not be carrying a gun. screw permits.alot of them boys are vets. those are the ones who think they paid for their permit.and I agree with them on that!!!!!! just wearing a warlock patch can get you killed in some places.clubs have territories they protect.and they will protect them with bullets and knives.anyone who wears a patch knows where he can fly his own colors and where not to fly them.these guys are insanely loyal to each other and anyone else they like.when they say I got your back they mean it. its not just words to us its part of our manhood.we are loyal to a fault. most are very conservative in their politics.they are more patriotic than most americans.very protective of anyone or anything they love.id rather have 2 brothers watchin my back than a whole army of street punks.these guys don't believe in getting a citizeninvolved in their problems so they don't go around killin innocent people.if a brothwer comes at you you can bet your ass you did something you were not suppose to do....now ive gone and said just about more than I should but I really haven't said anything.see how it works. talk all day and never say a word....lol

thanks Outlaw..That makes sense...very interesting stuff !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -