Zimmerman- Self Defense or Murder ?

Old 07-03-2013, 09:43 AM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

I say self defense based on what I have heard so far.I know any time a self defence shooting happens that it has to be investageted and justified. When justifiedthat should be the end of it no court and lawyer fees and no million $$$$ lawsuit. This poor guy will be hounded the rest of his life lord knows what his legal bill will add up to.

Bjuice, I agree about non violent felons getting a second chance at a clean slateafter a period of time. My dad and I were talking about that last weekend in fact.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

This case is not really about self defense or murder. I have been following it. I believe Zimmerman to be innocent & that he was clearly in danger & thought he needed defend himself. He didn't want to kill that kid. This case is about Black VS White... period. BTW: Zimmerman looks Hispanic???? "Stand your ground" engagement been meant. Very questionable jury selection too!!! This is about an old race problem we have had for too long.... some Black people just feel they are still victims in this day & age still. I wish we could move on & just get along.

I thought the "knock knock" joke opening line was a poor choice for the defense... bad taste & timing... I mean a kid died... not a good idea to crack jokes when defending your client.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:45 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Guilty or innocent isn't for me to say, however if they DON'T convict him get ready for Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.....just my opinion.

I agree with BJUICE on the felon thing. Although my crime could have very easily turned out very bad...thank God I never hurt or killed anyone. So maybe not the same as a drug offense.I have stated on this forum before that I am a recovering alcoholic....and a felon. I got two DUI in a three year period in the late 90's....I learned my lesson and my last drink was January 20, 2000. My sobriety date is 1-21-2000. I can never own a firearm, ever. I showed piss poor judgement in my 20's so I guess I made my bed so I will lie in it.

sorry to get off topic.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:36 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

That's not off topic Tod, that's exactly what Bjuice is talking about. I have a buddy in the same boat as you. about 15 years ago he had a tough time after his wife left him, got a bunch of DUI's in a short time and got a felony charge. Had to plead guilty or take the chance of doing time if he took the case to court. He was an avid hunter, had to get rid of all his hunting stuff and that felony is now a permanent mark. :evil:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 07-03-2013, 06:53 PM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

It's not just about guns like Harbone and Tod 74 said its a mark that will always follow you lots of company's won't hire a person with a felony no matter how many years ago it was.lots of good people have made mistakes when the were younger mostly from partying there should be some consideration taken.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:48 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I was actually granted Alternative Misdemeanor Sentencing which means once I completed all my probation and time served etc I could petition court to change it from a D felony to an A misdemeanor. The judge told me when she sentenced me that if I did what I was supposed to do, that she would grant the request. I was never told there was a time limit....I waited a few years due to no money for lawyer only to find out it was too late.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:20 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

The good thing you have going is that its a State Charge. Meaning the State govener could pardon you or could even expunge. There is no charge for sending up your application request. I will not lie if you had an Attorney that was connected to the governer or if you new someone that could speak and hand deliver on your account this could get done pretty darn quick for you.

Count your blessings it wasn't a Federal Charge...[/b]

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 07-04-2013, 04:30 AM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

murder, but he will get off.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:34 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

well this ishow I see it.a black kid lookin like a punk or thug fi you will. wearin a hoodie baggy jeans. profiling if you want but that's how all the thugs dress.walkin down the road. white guy sees him and they have words. black kid gets his ass up in the air with his smart mouth. thinks hes a bad ass and goes after white guy. white guy suprises black kid with gun and bang black kid dead. I hate it for his parents.i really do.but he had it coming. if he had been here and it was me he came after. id have filled his ass plum full of lead.i wont be intimidated or threatened ever.its been tried and it didn't turn out pretty.im not a badass.but I am a man who lives and lets live so leave me alone or you will pay.thats how ive always been and will always be.my life and my families lives come before anything. I will kill you then worry about the law later. better to deal with the law than try to come back from the dead.if they cut this guy loose there will be riots in the streets. blacks gotta keep this crap alive.well let them riot. they always seem to burn their own places down anyway.and if they do start tearing up white people places and hurting them kill some more. im sorry guys but im tired of all this crap.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:43 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I say Self Defense :!: :!:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -