Scammer Alert

Old 07-30-2009, 05:15 PM
superstreet2055
JOURNEYMAN

I haven't had any reply from the Decatur police, but (all of a sudden) I've been getting emails from the Sleeths. They seem to be trying to turn the responsibility back onto me. Not to worry, I'm not biting. I told Sleeth that if he refunded my money I'd be happy to return his carburetors, inform the police that he had made a refund, and even post to RJ that he had done so. Otherwise I was holding them as evidence. He wants me to send him the carbs so he can look at them. Fat chance of that! He knew what kind of shape they were in when he shipped them. Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:06 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by superstreet2055
I haven't had any reply from the Decatur police, but (all of a sudden) I've been getting emails from the Sleeths. They seem to be trying to turn the responsibility back onto me. Not to worry, I'm not biting. I told Sleeth that if he refunded my money I'd be happy to return his carburetors, inform the police that he had made a refund, and even post to RJ that he had done so. Otherwise I was holding them as evidence. He wants me to send him the carbs so he can look at them. Fat chance of that! He knew what kind of shape they were in when he shipped them. Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me.
Seems the Sleeths follow the scammer forum. No surprise since they are in the hall of shame. You will find their carb sdd lurking on here somewhere, typically with a nice checkered flag in the background- racy huh?

Keep your foot on their throat, and when you get what is rightfully yours- press down anyway.

Wonder if being back to their old antics violates a probabtion before judgement ruling- Press forward with the Decatur police.

Scorp
Old 07-30-2009, 07:48 PM
superstreet2055
JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by Scorpion1110
Seems the Sleeths follow the scammer forum. No surprise since they are in the hall of shame. You will find their carb sdd lurking on here somewhere, typically with a nice checkered flag in the background- racy huh?

Keep your foot on their throat, and when you get what is rightfully yours- press down anyway.

Wonder if being back to their old antics violates a probabtion before judgement ruling- Press forward with the Decatur police.

Scorp
I don't have any idea what the Decatur police will do (if anything), but I won't be duped by the Sleeths again. I know any police department in todays world has a limited amount of resources and when you have murderers and rapists, armed robbers and burglers running loose, internet fraud investigation takes a back seat.

If the Sleeths do refund my money (very doubtful), I really will contact the Decatur police and inform them that they stepped up to the plate and did what was right. I'm thinking that isn't too likely to happen though.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:55 PM
superstreet2055
JOURNEYMAN

I'd like to post a photo of the carbs they advertised and also the ones they sent for all to see, but I can't figure out how to upload it to the forum. Any guidence?
Old 07-30-2009, 08:30 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

I'd like to post a photo of the carbs they advertised and also the ones they sent for all to see, but I can't figure out how to upload it to the forum. Any guidence?

http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtopic.php?t=2876
Old 07-31-2009, 04:16 AM
superstreet2055
JOURNEYMAN

Thanks for the help. I'll try to get some photos up yoday or tomorrow.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:24 AM
superstreet2055
JOURNEYMAN

Just got another email from Sleeth. He still wants me to ship the carbs to him so he can look at them. I replied that he packed them for shippment and couldn't possibly have not known they were full of grit from blasting and that the throttle blates were binding. As far as I'm concerned he's already looked at them and shipped them anyway knowing fullwell that they were junk.

Oh, he also said he was going to check out RJ when he got a chance to see what new lies have been posted about him. Great stuff, huh?
Old 07-31-2009, 09:34 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default A little Help for the Sleeth's

Just got another email from Sleeth. He still wants me to ship the carbs to him so he can look at them. I replied that he packed them for shippment and couldn't possibly have not known they were full of grit from blasting and that the throttle blates were binding. As far as I'm concerned he's already looked at them and shipped them anyway knowing fullwell that they were junk.

Oh, he also said he was going to check out RJ when he got a chance to see what new lies have been posted about him. Great stuff, huh?
This should help the Sleeth's when they visit this thread-

Heres the content article in the paper from Decatur Illinois:

Reported by: Stacey Morgan / WCIA 3 News
Thursday, Dec 6, 2007 @05:35pm CST

view largerMichael and Alice Sleeth of Oreana are facing charges of theft and Internet fraud. Authorities say they scammed more than $6000 out of on-line shoppers since 2002.

Authorities say the Sleeths posted carburetors and other car parts for sale on online auction sites like EBay and RacingJunk.com.

They say the couple would collect money from winning bidders, then send them the wrong auction item., or not send anything at all. Some items were sent in conditions other than what was described in the ad..

Authorities say this is just another example of why it's improtant to protect yourself online. They say one good rule of thumb is to get to know your seller.

"When you make a purchase on the internet, on auction websites, you may want to talk to the person you are ordering from by email, or phone," says Detective Jason Brown, who worked on the case. "Gather as much info as you can. Ask to speak with people they sold to previously. Try to do some background investigation so you don't lost your money in the transaction."

Brown also suggests you stick with sellers who have a strong history of honest sales. And make sure the site is secure if you need to use your credit card for a transaction. That will protect your accounts and your identity from being compromised.
Comment on this news story

Scorp
Old 07-31-2009, 12:09 PM
superstreet2055
JOURNEYMAN

Default Re: A little Help for the Sleeth's

Originally Posted by Scorpion1110

This should help the Sleeth's when they visit this thread-

Heres the content article in the paper from Decatur Illinois:

Reported by: Stacey Morgan / WCIA 3 News
Thursday, Dec 6, 2007 @05:35pm CST

view largerMichael and Alice Sleeth of Oreana are facing charges of theft and Internet fraud. Authorities say they scammed more than $6000 out of on-line shoppers since 2002.

Authorities say the Sleeths posted carburetors and other car parts for sale on online auction sites like EBay and RacingJunk.com.

They say the couple would collect money from winning bidders, then send them the wrong auction item., or not send anything at all. Some items were sent in conditions other than what was described in the ad..

Authorities say this is just another example of why it's improtant to protect yourself online. They say one good rule of thumb is to get to know your seller.

"When you make a purchase on the internet, on auction websites, you may want to talk to the person you are ordering from by email, or phone," says Detective Jason Brown, who worked on the case. "Gather as much info as you can. Ask to speak with people they sold to previously. Try to do some background investigation so you don't lost your money in the transaction."

Brown also suggests you stick with sellers who have a strong history of honest sales. And make sure the site is secure if you need to use your credit card for a transaction. That will protect your accounts and your identity from being compromised.
Comment on this news story

Scorp
I forwarded your post to Sleeth. That should get his attention but I doubt if it will.

Oh, he emailed me telling me that he needed to charge me a $100 restocking fee to return the carbs. Big chance that'll happen.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:10 PM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: A little Help for the Sleeth's

[/quote]Oh, he emailed me telling me that he needed to charge me a $100 restocking fee to return the carbs. Big chance that'll happen.[/quote]

:shock: :shock: :shock:
What a piece of work. Wanting to charge restocking on defective material?? He should be put in jail or have a good old fashion whooping.
Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -