HELP WITH RE-WIRE

Old 05-28-2008, 07:14 PM
mwestchevy
APPRENTICE

thanks for all the info! the k&r setup looks like a nice piece but i decided on using the painless stuff. it went in real nice & quick. i am very impressed with it. it may be a little more money but the time saved and ease of installation was well worth it to me. thanks, brian
Old 05-29-2008, 02:17 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by johnracer
Ironically, I just had a problem with my K&R this Saturday. It really wasn't a problem with the setup, more a matter of me being lazy and not rechecking the screws that attach the wiring to the relay board.
I was sitting in the water box in the final round and the fuel pump quit! Melted the terminal strip on the board.
Spoke withe Kevin at K&R yesterday. Really nice people to deal with and offered to repair it under warrantee. Bought a new board anyway due to racing in Denver this weekend, and will send the other in for a spare.
Can't say enough good about K&R customer service,
Johnny
You should get the stud mount this time, a bit better setup.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:11 AM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by hammertime
Originally Posted by johnracer
Ironically, I just had a problem with my K&R this Saturday. It really wasn't a problem with the setup, more a matter of me being lazy and not rechecking the screws that attach the wiring to the relay board.
I was sitting in the water box in the final round and the fuel pump quit! Melted the terminal strip on the board.
Spoke withe Kevin at K&R yesterday. Really nice people to deal with and offered to repair it under warrantee. Bought a new board anyway due to racing in Denver this weekend, and will send the other in for a spare.
Can't say enough good about K&R customer service,
Johnny
You should get the stud mount this time, a bit better setup.
That was my thought too, but Kevin said it wasn't a direct swap for the terminal strip model. I went with a replacement instead....
Old 05-29-2008, 09:51 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

he is correct there is a few differences in them. either one is a nice setup.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:07 AM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mwestchevy
thanks for all the info! the k&r setup looks like a nice piece but i decided on using the painless stuff. it went in real nice & quick. i am very impressed with it. it may be a little more money but the time saved and ease of installation was well worth it to me. thanks, brian
Sorry to hear that. I have the Painless panel and it's nothing but a pain.

2 switches have failed, and most of the lights have burnt out on the switches.

There is no amperage being run through the panel, as every circuit is on a relay.

Nothing like being in eliminations and not having the starter switch work... POS.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:49 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by OneBadGMC
Originally Posted by mwestchevy
Sorry to hear that. I have the Painless panel and it's nothing but a pain.

2 switches have failed, and most of the lights have burnt out on the switches.

There is no amperage being run through the panel, as every circuit is on a relay.

Nothing like being in eliminations and not having the starter switch work... POS.
Try being in @ 7 cars at a 50k to win race and having a start switch take a crap .... boy does that hurt
Old 05-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

I use the ARC ( auto rod control) setup its fairly cheap but : works great! I used the control panel with the NOS switches in it and I like it very much. There good to deaL with also !! The wiring harness is great, relay panel is kool and they have a fairly new one thats very neat and spaceage, (for nitrous) David. Good luck to wiring your cars,I enjoy it, its kind of fun!!!