wtf or HELP.

Old 05-27-2012, 03:52 PM
wmeabates
MASTER BUILDER

Outlaw,Do you have these carbs mounted with the primaries to the front and the seconderies to the rear for each carb?Or are they sideways with the pri.to one bank and the sec to the other.Bill.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:12 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

they are mounted in line. ive got 2 cars runnin 2 x 4s and only this damn nova is giving me fits. im going out today and im gonna FIX IT OR BLOW IT UP! lol
Old 05-29-2012, 05:32 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Disregard what I said, I thought it was a crossways type manifold.
ops: ops: ops: ops: ops: ops: ops:
you got OTHER problems, Brother. :shock: :shock:
Old 05-30-2012, 04:10 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

well guys, i didnt fix it or blow it up.lol i bought a almost new used portable carport. big enough for 2 cars. have to have it down by the first of june so i gotta take care of that little bit first.i needed a place to park more cars out of the weather.i hate to spend all this time and money building and painting our cars then have to leave them sittin in the sun and rain.just aint gonna happen.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:13 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Taking a little breather away from it and you'll find the problem in short order when you get back to it.......
Old 06-06-2012, 08:32 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
im gonna take the 2 carbs of my wagon and but them on the nova
:lol: Dual carbs on everything! How can you not like this guy!?!?

Crazy problem you got there bud.I only wish I could help.Good luck to you. As far as taking it to a shop...i bet you know more about it than they do 8)
Old 06-08-2012, 02:16 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

you got more confidence in me olds than i do in myself! i bought the gaskets to do a carb swap but im goaa need the wagon this weekend for a car show so when i get that out of the way it will be this sunday. if this thing turns red im sellin it!
Old 06-10-2012, 08:11 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Sunday was officially ten minutes ago...any luck? :lol:
Old 06-20-2012, 03:42 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

ok guys heres what happened. i took a carb off my 53 ranchwagon EDELbrock 1404 and put it on the nova. which has 1405s on it. started the nova up and let it idle for atleast 5 mins. never turned red. good found which carb on the first try.put the 1405 back on the nova so i could move it until i had time to rebuild it.started it back up to check for leaks and this time no red header, wtf!!!!!!!!! oh well at least its workin like its suppose to..lol it has ceramic coated headres on it. and on the side that turned red the coating is off it ,long story. anyway,that side runs hotter. we tought that because the coating is gone here comes heat. but atleast now its not turnin red!!!! could i have jared something loose like a peice of trash when i was changing carbs around?
Old 06-20-2012, 04:13 AM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
ok guys heres what happened. i took a carb off my 53 ranchwagon EDELbrock 1404 and put it on the nova. which has 1405s on it. started the nova up and let it idle for atleast 5 mins. never turned red. good found which carb on the first try.put the 1405 back on the nova so i could move it until i had time to rebuild it.started it back up to check for leaks and this time no red header, wtf!!!!!!!!! oh well at least its workin like its suppose to..lol it has ceramic coated headres on it. and on the side that turned red the coating is off it ,long story. anyway,that side runs hotter. we tought that because the coating is gone here comes heat. but atleast now its not turnin red!!!! could i have jared something loose like a peice of trash when i was changing carbs around?
i might have been sucking air at the base plate/manifold on that side..... what kind of gasket you using?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -