Against drag racing

Old 03-15-2009, 08:00 AM
markadams
JUNIOR BUILDER

What have I gotten myself into this time! Sorry Bruce, sorry Bjuice. Hows that? Man this is FUN!
Old 03-15-2009, 11:02 AM
markadams
JUNIOR BUILDER

Bjuice, I am surprised I don't know that guy with the T-bird. I teach Auto Tech here in Fort Mill and have over 100 kids in the program, but they have never mentioned him before. Funny how things are overlooked in your own back yard. I have heard there is a guy with a real nice Buick Grand National drag car in my subdivision, don't even know his name...
Well, back to welding practice!
Old 03-15-2009, 07:57 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

"Just My Opinion"... if you were to die tommorow, wouldn't you have liked to have tried racing? My biggest fear is that I will check out & look back and say "dang I should have tried that!!" Be aware that the same inner-child telling you to race is the same one who will feed this awesome sport & addiction for years to come... it is in your blood already... go light it up. Scooter
Old 03-15-2009, 08:26 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
your a grown man. tell them to bite your but and go racing. spend what you want (family first ) do what you want. tell the wife and kids you go do your thing ill go do my thing and when we get home we will do our thing.at least that works for me.ive been married to the same little lady for 31 yrs. and she has never told me not to do something. ive spent a small fortune on bikes and cars(after the bills are paid) and she has never said i couldnt or shouldnt. gotta go hug her right now and tell her to get in the kitchen and make me some dinner!!!
:P
Old 03-15-2009, 08:30 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

OUCH!!! :P :P
Old 03-16-2009, 03:22 PM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
Originally Posted by kw89425
there was a track here that test and tune was 20. it cost 35 to run pro if nothing breaks i can race for just a little more than it cost to go to the drive in movie, and the best part is the wife would rather go race. :lol:
I knew a guy who's wife kept busting his chops that all they ever did was go racing...and that she wanted to go camping more and racing less....SOO, he did what any loving husband would do. He bought her a motor home and took her camping....

at the drag strip. :lol:

turns out motor homes can pull a race car trailer pretty good.
my wife wanted a nice camper with cold air conditioner so we could go camping, the camper has only been at our house or a drag strip, and now we have a two car car trailer so we both can race LOL
Old 03-17-2009, 08:31 AM
malibucar82
SHOW GUEST

Everyone has something that they do for enjoyment or to just get away and believe it cost something to be able to do it. Fishing, hunting, going to the boats to gamble, going to bingo, listen to the opera, going to a concert etc. it all cost money. As long as it does not take food or money away from your responsiblities and it does not keep from having a relationship with the Lord I say it is okay.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:59 PM
EZstreet9s
SHOW GUEST

Default Man what a drag!!

You really need to just do what you want to do! I dont let anyone tell me what I should and should not do! A real friend would want you to do what ever makes you happy and support what you do! Good luck, have fun and do it safe!
Old 03-18-2009, 01:11 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Our passion (be it drag racing, shows, hot rods, circle track etc...) is so COMPLETLEY misunderstood by the bean-counter nerds of the world!!! It is in your blood or is not not... no in between in my opinion. My mother in law heard my car a few months ago when she was over that night. It was vibrating the windows... she yelled to my wife: why doesn't he put some mufflers on that thing!!! My answer: "it does have mufflers"... just not the same ones on your slow & over emissioned, bogged down mini-van that looks like a 8-person DUSTBUSTER. I told her she likes to scrap-book, sew, & bake little things... I like the smell of race fuel, burnt rubber & high compression motors w/ lopey cams... get off my back. She knew I was joking, but inside her I could see she had no idea why I do what I do. Case & point: we are misunderstood... sometimes outcasts... we make noise & love to go fast quickly... "the other people" will never understand us the same as a alcoholic does not understand sobriety or "passing" on a stiff drink.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:09 PM
FullTimeRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by Rigsby
Our passion (be it drag racing, shows, hot rods, circle track etc...) is so COMPLETLEY misunderstood by the bean-counter nerds of the world!!! It is in your blood or is not not... no in between in my opinion. My mother in law heard my car a few months ago when she was over that night. It was vibrating the windows... she yelled to my wife: why doesn't he put some mufflers on that thing!!! My answer: "it does have mufflers"... just not the same ones on your slow & over emissioned, bogged down mini-van that looks like a 8-person DUSTBUSTER. I told her she likes to scrap-book, sew, & bake little things... I like the smell of race fuel, burnt rubber & high compression motors w/ lopey cams... get off my back. She knew I was joking, but inside her I could see she had no idea why I do what I do. Case & point: we are misunderstood... sometimes outcasts... we make noise & love to go fast quickly... "the other people" will never understand us the same as a alcoholic does not understand sobriety or "passing" on a stiff drink.
AMEN TO THAT!

I ware C-12 as cologne!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -