whats the highest comp i can run with mixing av and 93 50-50

Old 06-27-2007, 11:12 AM
badbug3
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default whats the highest comp i can run with mixing av and 93 50-50

bbc, 572, currently at 9.7-1 comp on pump gas, aluminum heads, marine application.

Looking to make more power by raising the comp , but dont want to buy race fuel. Av gas 100-low lead, is readily available and i heard it makes a really good fuel when mixed 50-50 with 93 octane. What is highest comp ratio i could run with this mix?
Old 07-03-2007, 10:28 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

I would'nt go over 12 to 1.
I ran a 12.5 to one comp in my old racecar using a half and half mixture of racefuel (110 sunoco) and 93 pump gas, ran it that way for 4 years no trouble.
Goodluck, Charles
Old 07-11-2007, 05:46 AM
Robert1320
JUNIOR BUILDER

AV gas is poo!

It was created for fixed rpm at altitude. I have seen lots of motors damaged by trying to run AV fuel.

IMHO
Old 07-11-2007, 06:01 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Robert1320
AV gas is poo!

It was created for fixed rpm at altitude. I have seen lots of motors damaged by trying to run AV fuel.

IMHO
I have seen quite the opposite.

I ran it for years in my 69 chevelle, 12.5:1 as well as know many guys that did and still do run av gas.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:09 AM
Robert1320
JUNIOR BUILDER

I would never suggest it to anyone I built motor for or race with.
I would stick to a brand name racing fuel company.

IHMO
Old 07-12-2007, 09:48 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

I know several people who run av gas in high compression motors with no problems, but they use top lube with it as its kinda dry if you know what I mean. However I wouldn't recomend using it as a mixer with unleaded fuel in anything higher than 11 to 1.
Goodluck, Charles
Old 09-19-2007, 06:00 AM
AlcoholInjection
SHOW GUEST

Default Water Alcohol / Methanol Injection System

www.alcoholinjectionsystems.com

No supercharger or turbocharger system is complete without a water methanol/alcohol injection system (most commonly referred to as alcohol injection). Whether or not you are running an intercooled system, the benefits gained from alcohol injection are so profound you simply can't afford to run without it. The best part is that these benefits can be realized in less than an hour... the time it takes to install our system. Such benefits include:

Benefits of Water Alcohol/Methanol Injection:

Lower air temperatures by 50-250+ degrees
Reduces cylinder temperatures by 300+ degrees
Increase your 87-93 pump gas by 8-20+ points
Increase horsepower safely by 10-15%
Allows you to safely run more boost and timing
Longer more stable combustion expansion and progression
Removes carbon build up from combustion chambers, pistons and valves
Reduces & helps eliminate damaging engine detonation & pre-ignition
No need for expensive racing fuel or additives
We have the cleanest looking system, hands down!! A picture is worth a thousand words so why not take a look by clicking here. You no longer have to struggle trying to find space under the hood. Even if you're one of the fortunate few that has the space (without having to resort to drastic measures such as installing components in the fenders and bumper), we know you won't be happy with the cluttered appearance of the other guy's systems. Our trunk mount systems relocate everything in the trunk for a clean and simple install that only takes 30-45 minutes. Nobody even has to know it's there for those that want to keep it a secret!!

Our trunk mount kits make it easier than ever before to install. Unlike other systems, you won't have to worry about assembling the components first and then trying to find space to install the pump, container, hoses and wiring under the hood of your ride (nearly impossible on newer vehicles). This can be time consuming (between 4-6 hours) and costly (most mechanics charge at least $100 per hour). Our trunk mount systems are typically installed in 30 - 45 minutes!! That's because our system comes pre-assembled. So the only thing you'll have to do is install the tank assembly, injection nozzle, and the fluid lines connecting the two. It's that easy! You WON"T need to remove your bumper or fabricate mounts in your fenders!! We even provide you with REAL installation instructions, not some generic steps that were haphazardly put together. And if that's not enough... give us a call. We'll do our best to help you out.

Compare our trunk mount systems to the competitors systems and you'll quickly see the difference!

www.alcoholinjectionsystems.com

Old 09-21-2007, 07:24 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Down here in redneck country, we run avgas with some motors up to 12 to 1 and some street blower motors. we just throw in a can of marvel mystery oil per 20 gals of gal. No issues and cheaper than top oil lube. we also wipe/spray down the headers with marvel mystery oil with a mix of oil paint thinner 75% thinner and 25% marvel oil. The headers still look brand new after 2 full seasons on a sprinter, black and shiney, and they never rust.

Zip.