Boxing???

Old 12-08-2012, 03:29 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

UH....where can I get some of this action, Scoot ? :shock: :shock: Last time I was turned on and humiliated at the same time was just after I took the green outside front row, and my hood popped up and wrapped over the roof !
Old 12-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Man that is not good... damn hood pins!! I guess ya just stay calm & keep er' straight; while getting it stopped asap... so do you get a Yellow & a chance to get back the hole shot???
Old 12-10-2012, 04:14 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default go for it

Your not even close to being too old... I have weight lifted my whole life and I am very sure it has balanced me. I have a few years on you, but I feel great and keep a positve attitude about things because of my "escapes". Also I know it helped when I had a accident at work early in my life.
Boxing is good clean fun..
Stay strong and "go get um tiger" :) Who knows.. we may see you on TV ?
Old 12-12-2012, 01:43 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks for the support!! Weight lifting is good. Great escape like you say & keep you strong.When you have a strong body, you have a strong mind to boot w/ confidence. You will not see me on TV (LOL) cause I will do my first one alone in case I get beat down (LOL again). 3 minutes sure seems like eternity right now... I still have a long ways to go. I am struggling to get rid of the last part of my belly too... gotta go to the next level.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:34 PM
csx8506
SENIOR BUILDER

Default boxing?

Scooter,
Keep it up!! You're doing great!!! dgh
Old 02-08-2013, 10:16 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

This is partly why I have not been here as much... my son & I are still boxing. Increased training to 3 nights every week & running every day now. Been hit more times than I can count... my son is doing better than I (he has a black eye right now ops: ). Getting more serious & getting stronger. Still need that muscle memory tuning like Juice mentioned. Gut is way smaller. Its very hard to balance the family, homework, the job, etc.... with training. No time right for the Chevelle unfortunately. I will fight this year coach thinks.... my son will fight in Portland in a matter of a few months. Keep you guys posted.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:37 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Just visualize your opponents as being ZER'O'.....
Old 02-11-2013, 12:48 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

LOL....The ZER'O?? Ahh Yes....

Lets see... I would smother him b/c his reach would be longer & he's taller... stay inside, keep my head down/ in his chest, & go to work to his body. Then back out; keep out of range & left-jab busy... then go in & repeat the same process. That my friends, is how I would defeat Obama in the boxing ring. I KNOW YOU GUYS WOULD BE IN MY CORNER TOO!!! LOL!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 02-11-2013, 03:03 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

ROOTIN' AND TOOTIN' for ya, SCOOT !!
Old 02-26-2013, 02:35 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Ever think about when you die if you will have the chance to look back & say "I wish I would have tried that; I could have done it"... maybe it is mid-life crisis thinking... I don't know... one the last day we should have no regrets.

Sparred with a dude from Denmark last week: 20 yrs old, 6'2", dude was in great shape... his name is "Tor"... spoke little English. 185lbs... had me on reach, weighed less, half my age, better shape. I got beat... DUDE WAS AN ANIMAL. luckily, his skill level was novice.

Coach said: "this is how you learn" "you are going to have to fight with opponents w/ longer reach; etc..." get busy....

This reminds me of why I started this thread. I went home that night feeling like what the hell I am trying to do here??? I beat myself up for a few days & realized what I am really doing this for. First my son & I to go together. Second: I am doing this for every 40yr old+ male who has a desk job, wife/kids, who is overweight & says "I am too old now".... or "it is too late"... etc... I am living proof that YOU CAN... if you want to get beat up, sore, etc... run alot etc... you can get beat up too. LOL!!!! It is fun... intense & no harm done yet. Bucket list. DO IT NOW. DON'T GET TO THE END & NOT FIND OUT... KEEP DIGGIN'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -