LEGAL? Tractor/trailer vs toterhome

Old 11-10-2019, 06:54 AM
GardRacing
SHOW GUEST

Default LEGAL? Tractor/trailer vs toterhome

I have a CDL-A and have been kicking this idea around. I am wondering if anyone knows if you need a CDL for a TOTER HOME like a tractor-trailer as well as if a logbook is needed?
Old 12-21-2019, 02:29 PM
t341
APPRENTICE

If titled as RV and plated as RV I think you are exempt from cdl and log book. You might check with DMV. To be sure.
Old 12-27-2019, 12:15 PM
Sinbad5024SG
SHOW GUEST

It's different from state to state. We had a Volvo VNL780 we had registered as an RV. We could pull our fifth wheel without any legal hassle. The gray area, depending on the mood of the LEO, is when you hitch an enclosed trailer and a race car to it. Then, it can be considered a business because you can earn money with it. I pulled the enclosed and never had an issue, but have heard people who have toters\trailers and have had many issues, especially in Nebraska. Their LEOs are not very nice. Check with your state laws. Simple answer, no, you don't need a CDL with an RV registered toter.