Main Cap studs ARP question

Old 12-07-2019, 11:29 AM
Wicked496
SHOW GUEST

Default Main Cap studs ARP question

Hey everyone,was wondering if anyone can guide me in the right direction on which ARP studs to buy
For my main caps?..saw the ARP-135-5601 studs say they are not for use with a windage tray?..street motor making roughly 600hp,
stefs oil pan for my chassis [89 SWB Chevrolet truck]..should I be running a windage tray?.[ALL FORGED ROTATING ASSEMBLY TOO]..top RPM will be in the 6k-6500 not above
I have gotten different opinions from engine builders..on line...give me some solid advice..thanks to all..
Old 12-08-2019, 07:16 AM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

Yes, a windage tray is normally used on any performance SBC. If your oil pan does not have it's own built in windage tray, then ARP studs with extensions for a add on tray are what you want. Depending on which tray you get, It may need to be trimmed to clear your pan or pump. It is an easy, cheap option and now is the time to do it since you are already buying new studs.
Old 12-08-2019, 07:50 AM
Wicked496
SHOW GUEST

Thanks..should have mentioned its a GEN VI 454 will be a 496ci stroker BBC I should investigate the
Stefs pan that's being fabricated for my chassis..thanks again..