Scammer?? Help

Old 09-30-2019, 04:20 AM
andyk28
SHOW GUEST

Default Scammer?? Help

Anyone deal with this # 9292359173
hes offering to send a check and let me verify funds before getting car. But its a new york city area code and he hasnt even tried to jue me down
Old 10-01-2019, 01:44 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

If its to good to be true then it probably is!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 01-25-2020, 05:54 AM
fordboyz
SHOW GUEST

The scammer starts with "(Still for sale?) Still for sale? 4.90 Progear set - $100? I am satisfied with price, I'll have a Certified Check issue deduct to you from my bank, then I will arrange for a pick up after." Or something ki d of like this. Will not call or answer. Hope thy his helps. MarkJ What I understand is they want is you to deposit the check which is more thy han you asked for. The remainder of it goes to some bogus account to cover shipping. They then cancel check and you are left responsible for the amount you put in the bogus account.
Old 02-09-2020, 05:32 PM
infernocamaro
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by fordboyz View Post
The scammer starts with "(Still for sale?) Still for sale? 4.90 Progear set - $100? I am satisfied with price, I'll have a Certified Check issue deduct to you from my bank, then I will arrange for a pick up after." Or something ki d of like this. Will not call or answer. Hope thy his helps. MarkJ What I understand is they want is you to deposit the check which is more thy han you asked for. The remainder of it goes to some bogus account to cover shipping. They then cancel check and you are left responsible for the amount you put in the bogus account.
Word for word the message I just got for an engine I have for sale.
Old 02-10-2020, 02:04 AM
RBK57
SHOW GUEST

thanks, knew it was too good to be true..thanks, same thing for me too..
Old 02-11-2020, 05:04 AM
FLORIDALOGGING
SHOW GUEST

Same thing for me
Old 02-11-2020, 05:05 AM
FLORIDALOGGING
SHOW GUEST

Same thing for me
(hope still have it available for sale........Sbc 427 - $4,500) hope still have it available for sale........Sbc 427 - $4,500
(Re: Yes) I'm okay with the price, so I want you to consider it sold, so i will
be paying with a certified check, I ll contact my Bank to prepare the
payme
Old 02-11-2020, 05:06 AM
FLORIDALOGGING
SHOW GUEST

Default B.s. scammers

Same thing for me
(hope still have it available for sale........Sbc 427 - $4,500) hope still have it available for sale........Sbc 427 - $4,500
(Re: Yes) I'm okay with the price, so I want you to consider it sold, so i will
be paying with a certified check, I ll contact my Bank to prepare the
payme
Old 10-28-2020, 04:57 AM
jkre812
SHOW GUEST

I have a 351-c block and pistons for sale. I have had 5 responses exactly like these in the first week, all texts from different area codes. I told them all to deliver cash to here and then we'll talk. Never any questions about the parts....Who would not ask questions? Also slightly off on the wording making it seem that English is not their first language. This sucks.... Kaase
Old 11-07-2020, 07:38 AM
fastjones
SHOW GUEST

Default Heads, intake and etc.

For those out there that seen the ad that was posted about a set of sb2-2 heads,two intakes and mostly a top end by this guy that went by rashbookyplain out of brampton, ON. The ad # was 184109127.Well let me tell you about my dealing with this guy. Messaged him twice and he got back in touch with me so we made the deal and I paid for shipping also. After a few conversion with him calling and texting I never received a tracking number or a time of when i was to receive these parts that I paid him for in good faith thinking that he was a straight up guy. He also had a crankshaft listed too. If anybody know this guy please ask him to be a man and send my parts or my money back.
Just be aware of people like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -