Dyno Flow engine builders

Old 10-23-2009, 02:43 PM
firepro65
JOURNEYMAN

Default clear silicone

Thanks everyone for the responces. I will take pictures and post. I will install the engine in the morning. Hope it is fixed. I would like to give Dyno-flo the benefit of the doubt. He charged me nothing to replace from what I can tell the head gaskets. From multi layer cometics to copper dont know the brand. Hopefully this cures the water in the motor and charging the cooling system. I know it is sad 1000hp and I depend on other people to build it. I can go on record regardless of if the motor is good now or not and say. Dyno-flo has the rudest customer service I have ever dealt with. Scott talks to you like you are stupid, the sad thing is. If he would have spoke to me with resepct, I would have offer to pay for this work he performed. Instead he was a complete failure. Wdll be back saturday afternoon to let you guys know if he did a good job on the motor.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:50 PM
firepro65
JOURNEYMAN

Default Dynoflo

quote="altailites"]dude why are you bashing dynoflo when the guy is fixing your motor for free? Scott is not that bad of a guy remember he deals with assholes everyday and maybe he had a bad day when you picked it up . what part of town you live in ? or are you in Reno[/quote]

This guy has a point. But the question should be did he fix it? and why was it a piece of crap to start with.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:05 AM
altailites
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Re: Dynoflo

Originally Posted by firepro65
quote="altailites"]dude why are you bashing dynoflo when the guy is fixing your motor for free? Scott is not that bad of a guy remember he deals with assholes everyday and maybe he had a bad day when you picked it up . what part of town you live in ? or are you in Reno

This guy has a point. But the question should be did he fix it? and why was it a piece of crap to start with.[/quote] WOW you are an a hole .I was asking you what part of town you live in {in private} so if you were close I could come help you with your motor because it looks like you have no phucking clue what you are doing with a 1000hp motor. and let me guess if the motor has a leak or a water drop you are going to bash Scott again on here before you give him a chance to make it right . Scott has always treated me with respect and it looks like he is trying to make it right with you. now if he tells you to go pound sand thats when you make a post that he phucked you. and here is the scarry part down the road when you need to adj the valves, make jet changes, is this going to be scotts fault if you phuck that up? im just saying :lol:
Old 10-24-2009, 08:38 AM
bubbabbc
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Re: Dyna Flow engine builders

Originally Posted by markdunlap
I prefer Valco aluminum silcone to every brand I have ever tried. It looks good under the manifold and stays in place well. It is a different consistancy than GE based silicones.It sets up faster too.
As far as the clear silicone, I have one customer that uses it on his Blown Hemi engine for everything and it seems to hold up OK.
He uses it because you can buy it in the large 9 ounce tubes and squirt it out of a calking gun. It is much cheaper that way and he uses it in his Heating and Air Conditioning business anyway.
It does work if the surfaces are clean, just looks cheesy to me.

Where is a good place to buy the Valco silicone?
Old 10-24-2009, 09:38 AM
altailites
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Re: Dyna Flow engine builders

Originally Posted by bubbabbc
Originally Posted by markdunlap
I prefer Valco aluminum silcone to every brand I have ever tried. It looks good under the manifold and stays in place well. It is a different consistancy than GE based silicones.It sets up faster too.
As far as the clear silicone, I have one customer that uses it on his Blown Hemi engine for everything and it seems to hold up OK.
He uses it because you can buy it in the large 9 ounce tubes and squirt it out of a calking gun. It is much cheaper that way and he uses it in his Heating and Air Conditioning business anyway.
It does work if the surfaces are clean, just looks cheesy to me.

Where is a good place to buy the Valco silicone?
www.dougherbert.com/valcocincinnati-m-331.html
Old 10-24-2009, 10:37 AM
dynoflo
SHOW GUEST

Default Firpro Eric

Quite suprised to see you on here, but what else is new for you on this? Let me bring everyone up to speed. We built an engine with his blower. He complained that he had kept burning down the old one [blown head gasket]. Now on this one, we did find that it was extremely lean on the dyno and tuned that to eliminate that problem. He got the engine and asked everyone and their mom how to work on it and tune it. I spent probably 2 hours with him personally. I got tired of it, so he talked to Danny my counter guy for not less than 4 hours more. Over and over and over. Then he would change the tune, and say that someone told him to do it, andwe would say what did you do that for? Then his response is " I don' know anything about engines" Then stop tuning it. I was fed up, and told him well over 2 months ago to bring me the car and I would tune it and get this past us. He did not. Then he decided to work on it and pulled the intkae and when he reinstalled it, he filled up the engine w/ water, and called to say that he had just put in 100.00 worth of oil and that I should do something about it. I said bring the engine down, were are done playing this. So he brought the car, no I said bring the engine. Finally he brings the engine and wants to talk about it over and over. I told him that I am done talking about it. " This is your one freebee", you have played around and played around and wasted a lot of my time and my company's time on this, and we are done with that" So I paid for the tear down, I paid for the parts and I paid for the dyno time, which is my time, my life and my money. I have better shit to do than to try to please some guy who wants to jump up and bash. OK ERIC, HERE IT IS:

SEE, YOU PICKED UP THE ENGINE WITHOUT TALKING TO ME OR COMING UP FRONT TO ASK WHAT WE DID, SO YOUR ASSUMPTIONS ARE WRONG.

NO, IT DIDN'T HAVE A BLOWN HEAD GASKET, MAYBE THE CALCIUM STAINS AROUND YOUR INTAKE MANIFOLD AT ALL 4 CORNERS WOULD HAVE LET YOU KNOW THAT YOU HAD INSTALLED THE INTAKE MANIFOLD WRONG.

yOUR OVERHEATING PROBLEM, FIRST OF ALL, YOU ARE TRYING TO CRUISE W/ 25% OVERDRIVE ON YOUR WORN OUT 871 BLOWER, SECOND YOUR TEMP GAUGE BUNG IS DEADHEADED AT THE REAR OF THE MANIFOLD AND DOES NOT GIVE A TRUE READING OF TEMP

YOU USED A FRAM FILTER AFTER BEING TOLD NOT TO, WE DID HAVE TO EAT A SET OF BEARINGS DUE TO YOUR $%^#

YOU SWITCHED THE SPARKPLUGS [NOW I KNOW WE TALKED ABOUT IT FOR HALF AN HOUR, BUT IF YOU HAD A QUESTION DARTHEADS.COM] I HAD 750" REACH GASKETED PLUGS IN IT, YOU SWITCHED TO TAPER SEAT .460" REACH PLUGS, NO OWNDER IT RAN LIKE SHIT, THE PLUG IS HALF WAY UP THE HOLE. tHE BLACK ON THE PLUGS WOULD HAVE BEEN A SURE SIGN THAT IT WAS IDLING TOO RICH IN 7500FT OF AIR WHEN YOU TOOK IT TO RENO, YOU COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO TURN THE IDLE MIXTURE SCREWS DOWN, BUT YOU SURE COULD DO ALL KINDS OF OTHER THINGS TO MESS IT UP... OHHH YEAH I FORGOT YOU DON;T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ENGINES.

YOU CANNOT IMAGINE HOW UPSET I WAS TO WORK ON AN ENGINE THAT WAS RUNNING GREAT WHEN IT LEFT, TO HAVE YOU SCREW IT UP AND THEN I AM SPENDING MY WED EVENING ON THE DYNO WITH IT WHEN I HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO, BUT I WANTED TO PLEASE A CUSTOMER. I WANTED YOU TO HAVE A POSITIVE EXPERIENCE.

YOU CHICKENS$%T F@#K, NEXT TIME, YOU WILL WANT TO COME AND SAY THANKS TO THE GUY WHO FOOTED THE BILL FOR YOUR B.S. WHEN YOU PICK IT UP...

THEN YOU UNGRATEFUL BIOTCH, YOU GET ON HERE AND QUESTION THE SILICONE GE GEN2 SILICONE SEALS WHERE NOTHING ELSE DOEs, AND SINCE YOU HAD INTAKE ISSUES WITH YOUR USED INTAKE [NOT SUPPLIED BY US] I WANTED TO MAKE SURE YOU HAD NO MORE ISSUES.

NOW FOR WHAT WE DID TO ELIMINATE YOUR PROBLEMS:
LOCKED OUT THE DISTRIBUTOR @ 28* W/ 8.5:1 THAT SHOULD START EVERYTIME, AND IDLE MUCH CLEANER AND COOLER, I TOLD YOU ABOUT THAT NOT LESS THAN 4 TIMES BUT YOU CAN'T HEAR. [NO ARM CHAIR TUNERS PLEASE VEGAS AND RENO HAVE LOUSY AIR, IT WILL NOT PING ON 28*, MORE OVER HE RUNS RACE GAS AT THE TRACK] I PUT THE RIGHT PLUGS IN THE ENGINE, AND I LEANED OUT THE IDLE MIXTURE SCREWS. I ALSO WENT OUT OF MY WAY TO MAKE SURE YOUR JANKY INTAKE MANIFOLD DOESN'T LEAK.

PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A BAD ATTITUDE, WHEN IT COMES TO PEOPLE LIKE THIS.... YES I DO, AND IF YOU DON;T UNDERSTAND WHY THEN YOU ARE HOPELESS. :twisted:

THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW I WASTED MY TIME TRYING TO FACILITATE YOU. WHEN YOU F#$K IT UP AGAIN, MAKE SURE TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR IT.

IF YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT CHANGING THE TUNE ON THIS ENGINE IT WILL GO BACK TO THE "OVERHEATING" THAT YOU CLAIMED BEFORE.

BY THE WAY, MAYBE GET THE SENDER TO A POINT IN THE COOLING SYSTEM. :twisted:

I go the extra mile to make things happen for people. Most of the time guys do appreciate it. I have guys who will not touch their cars, because they only want me to work on it. I have guys who can take direction over the phone 3000 miles or 15000 miles away on open water to make their stuff run hard and clean. Eric, you have shown what a piece of shizit you are. Now back to my Saturday. I have another engine on the dyno that needs to be ready for an upcoming race.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:29 AM
firepro65
JOURNEYMAN

Wow Scott, you are a liar. It is a 6-71 and 12.5 % over 54 bottom 48 top do your math. So the fram filter ruined the bearings? Does anyone else here buy that b s? You spoke to me on the phone once for 5 minutes, got the phone records. Danny for 1/2 hour total and he kept telling me you dont want to talk to me as did the girl this friday when I spoke to her. Yea you told me to bring the motor in, I work in vegas and live in reno. So I had to wait to get home to bring the motor back. Did you did you not tell Danny to tell me to just bring it back and you would show me? Show me what. If you weren't the rude prick, I would have gladly paid you for your time. Oh yea those plugs were put in to load on the trailer. The other plugs were burnt to a crisp. watch for the pic in the forum along with video. So thank you for your time oh yea you installed the intake, remember? You dynoed it. It leaked on your workmanship. Not mine. Regardless, thank you for your time and effort. I will update the results after starting it. Only change I made was move timing from 38 to 34. Good luck in the future.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:35 AM
firepro65
JOURNEYMAN

Default Re: Dynoflo

Fair enough, I am in vegas. and look at the forums. I am not the only guy having problems. His employees are either lieing or what I am saying is true. Regardless, it took this post to get a responce. His employees told me he does not want to talk to me. Why would I lie? Just pissed at the lack of customer service. I did get a call from a new guy at dynoflo and he was awesome, so maybe thier is hope. If it works great I will say that and say thank you.

This guy has a point. But the question should be did he fix it? and why was it a piece of crap to start with.[/quote] WOW you are an a hole .I was asking you what part of town you live in {in private} so if you were close I could come help you with your motor because it looks like you have no phucking clue what you are doing with a 1000hp motor. and let me guess if the motor has a leak or a water drop you are going to bash Scott again on here before you give him a chance to make it right . Scott has always treated me with respect and it looks like he is trying to make it right with you. now if he tells you to go pound sand thats when you make a post that he phucked you. and here is the scarry part down the road when you need to adj the valves, make jet changes, is this going to be scotts fault if you phuck that up? im just saying :lol:[/quote]
Old 10-24-2009, 11:43 AM
blownalky3
MASTER BUILDER

Default Oil Filter

Just an FYI Firepro, view the general forum to see the many, many threads regarding Fram filters and then find the nearest dumpster.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:05 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtopic.php?t=7762

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -