(( WARNING )) DYNOFLO ENGINES BAD DEALINGS

Old 04-07-2007, 04:26 AM
bigdaddy2607
APPRENTICE

Default dyno flo

i hade a feeling you were going to name dyno-flo[ scott] i hade a 434 built by him they sent me a large base circle cam with it . not knowing it at the time tried to install it, it was hitting on the rods. so i called him about it and it turned out that i was the asshole. we had some words, i bought a small bc came from comp. dyno flo took 3 months to credit my credit card. when i put motor in car got everything hooked up ready to run poured collant into it it started leaking out of a couple freeze plugs. had to take it all back out to replace those. its been a few years now only about couple thousand miles thow, it seems to be ok. i would never buy another motor from them though...........ken
Old 04-07-2007, 06:41 AM
Dewcustom
SHOW GUEST

Man am I glad I read this I have been dealing with dyno flo and getting ready to have them build me a $10,000 aluminum short block but I have been hesitant just on acount of the high price tag. I think I will look else where.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:32 AM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by Dewcustom
Man am I glad I read this I have been dealing with dyno flo and getting ready to have them build me a $10,000 aluminum short block but I have been hesitant just on acount of the high price tag. I think I will look else where.
ooohhhhhhhhh now that had to hurt......"Thou shall reap what thou sow"...
Old 04-07-2007, 07:50 AM
bigdaddy2607
APPRENTICE

Default dyno flo

mr dew custom. if i were you i would let him know the reason why. if everyone does this maybe he will have better customer relations and have some kind of quality control.......ken
Old 04-07-2007, 08:47 AM
etbird
MASTER BUILDER

Good point, tell them why you nixed the deal.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:47 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

I JUST WANT TO KNOW ONE BIG THING!!!!---IF THE RODS CAME LOOSE THEN WHY IN THIS WORLD WOULD YOU JUST REPLACE THE BARE BLOCK!!!!THE RODS WEREN'T DAMAGED/ OR THE CRANK WAS NOT SCORED OR NICKED/ OR THE PISTONS WERE NOT SCRAPED ON THE SIDES/ OR DID THE PISTONS HIT THE VALVES- :evil: :evil: ---COME ON GUYS -LETS GET REAL AND DOWN TO EARTH :? :? ------THE LOWLIFES OWE AN ENGINE ON THIS DEAL- :lol: -PERIOD--AND IF THEY GET AWAY WITH IT THEN THE BUYER IS TO BLAME FOR NOT GOING AFTER THEM!!!! ops: ops: ops:MAN--I FEEL BETTER NOW :roll: :roll:
Old 04-07-2007, 12:33 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Lively,

I totally understand where your coming from, but on the other side of the coin, I can also understand the cut and run idea.

Sometimes it is better to cut your losses than it is to fight with a POS like Scott.

I commend Donn for the way he handled this thread.

I will say, I will never use dynoflo and if ever asked I will surely let anyone know about Donn's experience as well as the others that have posted about dynoflo (google it) you will be surprised at the amount of unhappy people there are with Scott and dynoflo.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:40 PM
davis419b
EXPERT BUILDER

Iagree with Chevyguy, its better to get something rather than nothing!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2007, 02:05 PM
davis419b
EXPERT BUILDER

Fastbowtie, here are your answers on my engine. #1Dont know what happened to original bolts that Reher/Morrison put in, they must have been the only 2 bolts left on the tray when he got done assembling the motor and he didnt realize what they were for and grabbed two gm bolts.I know for a fact the adapter is the last thing he puts on. #2 He did not put a new adapter on he used the same one. #3 Did not see the oil pressure before i shut it off, after my burnout when i started backing up and saw oil i immediatly shut it off got out to see what the problem was. #4 The filter was not on the engine nor was it primed, it never is and that has always been ok. #5 I dont think he was aware of any bolt size difference or he would have put the right size in. He is always pretty anal about everything. I have used this guy for 3 years, thats why i used him! #6 His shop is 15 minutes from my house or the track. Icalled him as soon as i got back to the pits for advice not to bi$$h, he first words were i should have tightened those bolts my self (with an attitude) and gave me no advice! In my opinion i payed him to build the motor and i should not have to go back and tighten any bolts.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:08 PM
fastbowtie
MASTER BUILDER

Davis You are correct if you paid him to build the motor there should not be any reason for you to have to check any bolt after recieving the motor unless stated by the builder when you picked it up. If he installed the adapter then he is responcible for it being loose due to the wrong bolts .
Which in turn lit the fuse on your time bomb.

Apparently after installing the washers you didn't see a loss of pressure so you must have figured no harm no foul and made the passes that night. But you did lose a large amount of oil so the bottom end if anyway possible should have been checked, but since your builder didn't tell you that you felt it was ok.
9 passes is not much runtime and you relying only on his word, you didn't know better and ran it.
People do make mistakes, everyone does. But how they handle themselves after is what makes them an honest person.

Gotta go for now but I can ad more later if ya like .

Donn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -