Whats the best Battery

Old 05-05-2010, 09:19 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Now from what I hear is that the red top Optimas are crap. The yellow top ones are the ones to get and will last. I know of this guy that had a red top one in his Mustang and it kept losing its charge so he swapped it out for a yellow top and hasnt had a problem since.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:16 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Interstate in my Hot rod... sits a lot... no problems. It is charged occasionally & it has done well. I think it is 900+ CCA.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:21 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I've used Interstate's for eons. ALWAYS got a good warranty if and when they'd die.
Am currently using Optima redtops in 'the YELLA BRICK', 'the Animal', and in my service van.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:41 PM
shybx1969
MASTER BUILDER

My 87 monte issa summer driver 305 4bbl..dual exhaust/headers...engine is stock... ill put a load tester and check the wiring also..thanx for info guys...
Old 05-05-2010, 05:45 PM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

Heck i got a battery from Wally world and it was crap so i took it back and traded for another new and it does ok but i am going with an Interstate next thats what my dad has on his 98 Dodge he has 2 of them but his are good batterys never had trouble out of one and i have heard the batterys at K MART are pretty good but never tried one but there is bad ones in all of them but by far Interstate has to be the best in my book but then again the prices are a little salty also lol
Old 05-08-2010, 02:07 AM
ashtrak
MASTER BUILDER

Deka Intimidator,Sears Platinum AGM would be my 2 picks
Old 05-09-2010, 02:47 PM
kbartley
EXPERT BUILDER

Beginning of last season I bought one of those OPTIMA Red Top batt's. come to find out that it was only good for starting half of the time. Did a little research at their site recently because I was in need of a battery. Yes I bought another one (YELLOW TOP) seems to be fine SO FAR. Better be for $200.00plus
Old 05-09-2010, 02:58 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

I've got two NAPA (six pack) looking batteries in my Nova. I think they are 8yrs old. No problems. Probably just jinxed myself now.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:23 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by kbartley
Beginning of last season I bought one of those OPTIMA Red Top batt's. come to find out that it was only good for starting half of the time. Did a little research at their site recently because I was in need of a battery. Yes I bought another one (YELLOW TOP) seems to be fine SO FAR. Better be for $200.00plus
Why would somebody need a battery thats good for starting 1/2 the time? I had two of the red tops & both were gone in one year, good thing I bought them with a credit card , they looked it up & gave me a full refund. ( lost dang reciept)