Merlin X vs Profiler Sniper Manifold

Old 12-20-2010, 06:41 AM
daveh6500
SHOW GUEST

Default Merlin X vs Profiler Sniper Manifold

I purchased a set of Dart Pro 1 355 cnc heads and a Sniper manifold for a 565 BBC. I received the heads from the supplier but he substituted a Merlin X manifold for the Sniper. Does anyone know if they are equivalent or is one better than the other in performance?

DEH6500
Old 12-20-2010, 09:07 AM
sc4405
JUNIOR BUILDER

The Profiler Sniper manifolds are sometimes difficult to get, they are slow in production, usually you have to find one in a warehouse somewhere. That's probably why they subbed the Merlin, personally I wouldn't accept it, make them send you a Sniper - IMO it's a better intake........... 8) JB
Old 12-20-2010, 11:37 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

X2. Sniper is a good intake! Had one on a 548 that was wicked for a little motor.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:17 PM
jed5161
CRAFTSMAN

we have a sniper intake that was on both a 511 cubic inch engine and a 605 inch engine. Using it with a rons injection on alcohol on both engines. Never really could get either motor to really take off and ALWAYS had high exhaust temps (1200 deg+). after being told by profiler that there is no way to get anymore power out of the intake and "its a perfect design" and "porting it will be a waste of money" we decided to go ahead and let one of our friends who builds engines a shot at porting and "cleaning up" of the intake. After he was finished we bolted it on....added some fuel to the tune up...and picked up 2 tenths and dropped egt to 1020-1050.

i havent seen any of the later designs as ours one one of the earlier sniper II's so maybe they've gotten better. i really be interested to see how their sniper tunnel ram looks/performs.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:37 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by sc4405
The Profiler Sniper manifolds are sometimes difficult to get, they are slow in production, usually you have to find one in a warehouse somewhere. That's probably why they subbed the Merlin, personally I wouldn't accept it, make them send you a Sniper - IMO it's a better intake........... 8) JB
x2
Old 12-26-2010, 05:46 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default sniper

I think a speed shop in Roanake VA terry walters has or had an ad on RJ that they got about 50 HP put of a sniper . I forget what the other manifold was. It impressed me, and I may do something, but I am waiting for the Xmas Credit cards tally, Tis the season ???????

Merry Xmas everyone and Happy and Safe New Year
Old 03-14-2011, 12:10 PM
Leoatcobrapower
SHOW GUEST

Demand what you paid for!!!