Wall-Mart and Other Facts!

Old 01-16-2012, 06:18 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I've also seen these stats as far as WallyWorld is concerned. The others do not surprise me however. WW seems like it has a larger percentage because they stock so much of a very wide variety.

'Kill, do you have a link to the stats on those other stores and their % of chinese junk ?
Old 01-17-2012, 02:27 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

i hate to inform you roadkill but you arent tellin anyone anything new.most stores today all have a high inventory of chinese junk. but we were talkin about wal mart not any other store on this thread. it was meant as a joke. now about those links....
Old 01-19-2012, 07:35 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Outlaw, I hope I don't don't appear to be talking down or preaching, but I see the same stuff in eMails, forums and other place where people discuss and cuss things. Problem with "joking" about it is the inherent problem people have with perception. They read or hear the first 20% of a statement and whatever that is, they jump on it and repeat it . . I just make it a point of disclaiming it as it comes up . . hoping that they'll read a little farther into the discussion.

The "Sound Bite" is what got the Country where it's at today. It's why we have Barack Obama as President, and it's the reason our Congress is full of Dickheads that have been there for 20-30 years and couldn't care less about those who vote for them . .

From 1960 to about 1990, my life was concerned about Racing, Race Cars and Hot Rods . . Didn't really give Politics a hard look . . just voted, sometimes stupidly . .

But as a business owner, and later as an executive in a construction company which did business for the Government, I have become fully aware that we (My Generation) have allowed our Constitutional System to be hijacked by a liberal minority who seeks no less than to socialize your country and take away your right to race, breed, or be successful in any manner . . .

Ken's eMail is pretty spot on . . read it and heed it!

Driving, most of my stats are accumulated from corporate statements and different sources. I'm an old Car Artist who is involved in several forums and I keep a "Folder" full of stats that I dig through to form replies. In most of them I can provide links, but a lot of them are available through Wikipedia when googling a specific corporation.

And by the way . . still racing and still designing and doing art on cars, after all, I'm only 70 . . And anybody in Pomona next week can look at a little Orange Roadster that'll be there . . It's not a typical AMBR car and isn't competing as such . . But it's a good example of "Old School DeLuxe" and the detail will make you stop and look for quite a while . . . It was a four year project with a lot of design detail that the owner and I worked on . . with a lot of help from a whole bunch of talented people . . .
Old 01-19-2012, 08:06 AM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Ken's post was on how walmart runs as a business not what type of merchandise they sell .
Old 02-05-2012, 01:59 PM
ghustler
MASTER BUILDER

Yes they run a very successful business but so was "Ma Bell" until the government broke them up to give others a chance and thats what should happen to Walmart.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:37 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

dont agree with that. the govern ment has no buisness getting involved. they busted up ma bell and what happenend your phone bills went straight up. and service went down.my family has worked for ma since the very beginning. there is alot more to it than the monopoly slant.so i quess there is no need to run a biusness and grow because you did something right because then the government will just come and bust you up. or should they justv give it back to the people.if you want wal mart to stop then just dont spend your money with them. they cant grow without money.tell your freinds not to spend there. after awhile they will stop growing and start to decline. american way.called capitalism.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:14 AM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

Originally Posted by ghustler
Yes they run a very successful business but so was "Ma Bell" until the government broke them up to give others a chance and thats what should happen to Walmart.
Are you suggesting the Government sticks their nose in a successful business and ruins it just like they did our country?
Old 02-06-2012, 07:05 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

There's a couple of things unstated here . . or mis-understood. The "Government", per se, didn't "Break Up" Ma Bell. The court did because . . IT WAS A LEGAL MONOPLY that had begun to stifle even R & D by companies outside the Communications business. It is, perhaps, one of the oddities of our laws. Utilities can monopolize, but only to a point, and it becomes the duties of state created utility commissions and the courts to decide where that line in the sand exists. Ma Bell had become a totally self stustained company. They were their own R & D company, their own equipment supplier, their own construction company(s), etc. Thus the courts said that they were an all inclusive Monoply and had to divest. I believe that it was the "Commerce Clause" that was used in the winning arguments, because of AT&T's totality of interstate monoply.

And, in a way it was good, in another, it set a precedent that wasn't good for the county, looking back. The one good thing that came from the divestment of AT&T was the mobile (or cell) phone. AT&T fought the concept because of their investment in physical infrastructure (Lines, Poles, etc) knowing, that at some time in the future, physical connections would become a thing of the past. However with cable broadband, they still reap millions of dollars in rent for just the poles that the cable is hung on.

Wal Mart, on the other hand, is nowhere close to being a monoply. Thus, there is no need to even consider any court action to divest or shut down. Actually, even the courts don't have the power to shut down a corporate business unless they can prove criminality in it's operation(s).
Old 02-06-2012, 01:57 PM
ghustler
MASTER BUILDER

I don't know where your at but Walmart closed down every mom and pop store in the area and thats a fact.
Walmart is a monopoly bully.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:20 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

I don't know where your at but Walmart closed down every mom and pop store in the area and thats a fact.
Walmart is a monopoly bully.
very true with all 10 in my area!!!!
PLUS--THEY GET COMPLETE TAX BREAKS AND SUBSIDIES THE LOCAL BUSINESS ARE NOT ALLOWED :shock: :shock:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -