guess the hp of my new and improved 496 bbc ????????

Old 10-11-2010, 01:07 AM
chevyfireball
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by chevyfireball
I'm guessing 850-900 hp. I had a 69 Camaro with almost the same set up and a 200 shot of nitrous and it made just on 1100 hp on the dyno.
Didn't see the RWHP bit. My guess was at the motor. What do you take off... 23%? so we're looking about 650-700 RWHP.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:53 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default news about the 496

The BBC is in the chevelle, runs great, here is the good and bad news. We could not get a good HP reading beacause it kept hazing the tires. No valid numbers yet. It maybe a little while beore we dyno it again. It had street tires on it so the slicks will need to back on it .
Keep you posted
Jeff
Old 10-25-2010, 07:49 AM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default BBC quesstimate

I was talking to Mike @ High Speed and his motor builder, we are pretty comfortable to say the motor is 785 HP. Using the 25 % rule that puts it at about 599 RWHP which means we will need to put this bad boy back on the dyno to know for sure, it is too close to 600 not to know. But HP does not always win races and make good ET's , accleration and reaction time and weight how the car holds the power and chassis's and a whole bunch of other things, convertor gearing. This is good strong quick revving BBC and thats good ............ blah blah blah
Remember it hazed the tires so no valid number yet, but I do believe this is a good estimate